The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Song Survivor Round 3 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53905)

ViscountViktor 07-09-2014 05:22 PM

Song Survivor Round 3

So after round 2 Warm Ways has been voted out with a massive 18 votes! The next round will be interesting to see where all these voters go.

After suggestions, I've changed the poll name to a more positove question - which is your least favourite - as we all like fm songs or wouldnt be on this forum.

I voted Say You Love Me. I don't like the harmonies in the chorus and it's too ploddy.

Get voting Ledgies!:blob2:

WatchChain 07-09-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1134100)
I voted Say You Love Me. I don't like the harmonies in the chorus and it's too ploddy.

Get voting Ledgies!:blob2:

That harmony vocals in the chorus of that song are what MADE this lineup of the group. Christine McVie has stated on a number of occasions that "Say You Love Me" was one of the first songs they rehearsed in the studio. As soon as she heard Stevie and Lindsey's voices blending with hers on the chorus, she knew that this lineup would find the phenomenal success that had eluded the band in the US. For that reason alone, "Say You Love Me" must remain.

michelej1 07-09-2014 06:01 PM

I actually like Blue Letter better than World Turning, but since they didn't write Blue Letter, I would rather see it leave first.

Michele

KenB 07-09-2014 06:20 PM

Songs I wish would be the last three remaining: Say You Love Me, Blue Letter, Crystal.

Songs that will actually be the last three remaining: Rhiannon, Landslide, Say You Love Me.

Iamwilliame 07-09-2014 06:55 PM

Time to pack it up, Crystal. Go your own way!

redbird 07-09-2014 10:35 PM

Say You Love Me and Over My Head are wonderful pop gems. Landslide is gorgeous. I'm So Afraid is admittedly better live but I still think the album track has a great slow burn quality. World Turning and Blue Letter are a ton of fun. Rhiannon is classic.

It's gotta be Crystal for me. Yes it's a lovely sentiment, very pure, but I always felt it was a little undercooked and sometimes tepid.

secondhandchain 07-10-2014 12:15 AM

We all know what's going to happen. Chris's songs will be voted off first. Even though they are great on this album. Stevie's will win etc..etc....

moon 07-10-2014 01:18 AM

Definitely, the original version of I'm So Afraid.
Regards!

gssmith 07-10-2014 09:28 AM

Over my head is loosing now? Damn why are Christine's song getting voted off? Maybe she should have just stayed retired? I'm glad she's back though

bethelblues 07-10-2014 09:52 AM

Christine would probably do much better in a Rumours or Tango in the Night or Mirage vote off. Especially the latter two where Stevie only has one song for each album that would be competitive.

James89 07-10-2014 10:03 AM

Who the hell voted for 'Landslide'? :mad:

sorcerer999 07-10-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1134133)
We all know what's going to happen. Chris's songs will be voted off first. Even though they are great on this album. Stevie's will win etc..etc....

I know, right? :( With the exception of "Sugar Daddy", I think all of Chris' songs on the album are brilliant!

I'm so over "Landslide" and "Rhiannon". Don't stone me, but I really wouldn't have a problem if I never heard those songs ever again. Overkill because they are two of her biggest hits. Does that make me a bad Stevie fan?

KenB 07-10-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gssmith (Post 1134157)
Over my head is loosing now? Damn why are Christine's song getting voted off? Maybe she should have just stayed retired? I'm glad she's back though

I'm an enormous fan of Christine -- but in my opinion this album has her weakest batch of songs, with the exception of "Say You Love Me." I actually like Chris's songs on the preceding albums, like Heroes Are Hard to Find and Penguin, better than the ones here.

FuzzyPlum 07-10-2014 02:26 PM

Oh come on people.
Over My Head was their breakthrough hit. I helped define the 'West Coast Sound' If it hadn't been for Over My Head where would we be today?
It's beautiful, chilled out and quintessential Fleetwood Mac. We owe it.
...and Christine's back.

MoonSister75 07-10-2014 03:00 PM

Over My Head must not go :shrug:

I went for I'm So Afraid. Its a great song but too depressing. :distress: