The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Survior Album - Round 4 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=6097)

jwd 04-13-2002 12:13 PM

Survior Album - Round 4

The Ledgies have spoken....Time, Mystery To Me, and Behind The Mask have been put in their jewel cases. :rolleyes: What will the next album be to stop turning? :confused:

Poll ends in 1 week.

Joe :wavey:

EnchantedStorms 04-13-2002 12:24 PM

Hehehe....I'm the first one to vote!:D The Live Album's outta here, I guess. (For me, anyway...lol:) ) Even though I LOVE it. Oh well...this just keeps getting harder, lol...having to choose on all these polls! Thank God it's not for real!:laugh:

~~Angela~~:wavey:

wondergirl9847 04-13-2002 12:39 PM

It's all a Mirage.....

I had to choose Mirage because it's the weakest of all. :( Also, the only song I ADORE from it is Gypsy and I can get that song on the Chain Box Set!! :lol:

estranged4life 04-13-2002 12:55 PM

Once again...

I voted off "Fleetwood Mac Live"...Just not my favorite to listen to...Brian

rhiannon1119 04-13-2002 01:15 PM

I voted for The Chain Box Set.

:) Michelle

BellaDonnaGypsy 04-13-2002 01:56 PM

Goodbye Chain box set... just cos it's a box set and you can get most of the songs elsewhere.

Laura.

greatdarkwing 04-13-2002 02:02 PM

I WOULD HAVE voted for the 'Chain Box Set', but then I realized the dust has been collecting on the Live Album, so I picked that one.

~Alex

nodmod 04-13-2002 02:52 PM

The Chain Box Set has to go, just think of what it could have been !!!!

DrummerDeanna 04-13-2002 05:36 PM

Well, I like the box set...because I'm too poor to go buy all the pre-Buckingham/Nicks stuff...so the box set gives me a nice taste of all that stuff....AND....yeah...I pretty much never listen to live 80...so I voted for that one.

Deanna

jwd 04-14-2002 06:50 PM

Hmmmm....

Seems like the ranks are breaking up a "little" bit...and the first vote for the White Album cast since we started :mad:. The only two that haven't received a vote yet are Rumours and Tusk. If you're thinking "strategy" here....yes in case of a tie at the end we will take previous votes cast to determine the survivor album.....well , you all know how it works!!

BUMP BUMP

Joe

Keith 04-15-2002 07:04 AM

well..

I agree that the box set could have been much more, but at least we finally got the original "Silver Springs" on cd and a few other great tracks: Love Shines, Goodbye Angel, and Heart of Stone.

But, I think the live album could have been much better so I voted to get rid of it.

The "Live" album was taken from the 'Tusk tour" which was a killer tour.

So where is "the Chain?", where is "Brown Eyes?", and where was Stevie's killer "Sisters of the Moon?"

I listen to my "Tusk" tour bootlegs quite a bit, and all I can say is that "Live" could have been so much better.

Fleetwood Mac rocked on the Tusk tour, but unfortunately, the live album doesn't honestly capture how awesome their live performances were doing this period.

jwd 04-17-2002 09:42 PM

Tusk Tour.......

While FM Live 80 was mainly taken from the Tusk Tour, I'm a little confused on what the record company was trying to do here.

IF Tusk was a "bomb" in regards to sales...I suppose relative to the sales of Rumours...why would they want to release another double album so closely on the heels of this one?! Was it the fact that they were trying to put the Rumours FM back on the front burner....more or less saying that the Tusk FM was OVER? After all, the only songs from Tusk were Sara, Over & Over, and Not That Funny. Noticeabley absent was Tusk, the first single and a "hit" from the record. Also, as Keith pointed out, where was Stevie's Sisters Of The Moon(another single from the album)? To me the record company was trying to convey the strength of FM, not only by putting most of the White Album and Rumours songs on the record as a reminder of their mass appeal, but also by listing their Tusk World Tour itinerary and its' mammoth attendance records.

Does anyone know if Live 80 even went platinum?

Joe

Hawkeye 04-17-2002 09:49 PM

I'm almost positive it only went Gold.

estranged4life 04-17-2002 10:07 PM

This is from...

Nicksfix.com:

Fleetwood Mac Live
- released December 1980
- Hit #14 on U.S. Billboard charts - December 20, 1980
- RIAA Certification:
Gold 2-11-1981

So it did go "Gold"...Brian

jwd 04-17-2002 10:22 PM

Thanks...

Going from Rumours to Tusk to Live 80 and the decreasing sales had to have some people seriously sweating! No wonder there was so much pressure on FM to get back to the Rumours "format" when they got back together to record Mirage.

You'd think that Live 80 would sell well....at least as much as The Dance did. I mean after all, they were much more popular in 80' than they were in 97'. Did Tusk really sour people's stomachs that much? :confused:

Joe :wavey: