The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Live in Seattle March 1972 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58974)

Macfan4life 07-18-2020 03:41 PM

Live in Seattle March 1972
 
OMG this is incredible. This live version of Future Games is SO good. Bob sounds high as a kite when he introduces while Christine chuckles. Could you imagine if you could have a genie wish and go back in time and see this. Bare Trees was not even released yet. Christine says it will be released in about 3 weeks. Spare Me A Little is incredible!!!! Kirwan rocks so much.

WOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8NPqwUmfvw&t=77s

lazy poker 07-19-2020 07:39 AM

. . . thanks very much indeed for bringing this to my attention - and quite a rockin' show it is!
:thumbsup:

aleuzzi 07-19-2020 10:52 AM

It’s a classic bootleg that really shows what a powerhouse Danny was. Given the aural evidence of how crucial he was to the music, it could not have been easy to fire him, even if he ended up being impossible to work with.

I too love the rendition of “Future Games” here (“written high up in the mountains of your mind”!) though it is oddly a half-step flat. Bob needed to tune up before playing!

The best moments (for me) are “Child of Mine” and “Oh Well.” But there’s also the instrumentation on the outro of “Spare Me” that is as good as the best Allman Bros.

cbBen 07-21-2020 06:24 AM

First 80 seconds are nothing. Skip to 1:20 for start of show.

jbrownsjr 07-22-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1258846)
It’s a classic bootleg that really shows what a powerhouse Danny was. Given the aural evidence of how crucial he was to the music, it could not have been easy to fire him, even if he ended up being impossible to work with.

I too love the rendition of “Future Games” here (“written high up in the mountains of your mind”!) though it is oddly a half-step flat. Bob needed to tune up before playing!

The best moments (for me) are “Child of Mine” and “Oh Well.” But there’s also the instrumentation on the outro of “Spare Me” that is as good as the best Allman Bros.

I can hear fantastic keys, too!!

jbrownsjr 07-22-2020 08:29 AM

Thanks so much for posting this! It's so damn good. I enjoyed every single note. Even the tech errors and Christine and Bob getting annoyed.

aleuzzi 07-22-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1258885)
Thanks so much for posting this! It's so damn good. I enjoyed every single note. Even the tech errors and Christine and Bob getting annoyed.

“I thought the lord walked in the room.” Too hilarious!

jbrownsjr 07-23-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1258886)
“I thought the lord walked in the room.” Too hilarious!

This was so refreshing to listen to. If these people were alive, I'd gladly take this line-up. What a jam band! And everyone is playing their instruments and not relying on a posse of bad back up singers!

SteveMacD 07-23-2020 02:34 PM

For me, “Bare Trees” was maybe the definitive Fleetwood Mac album. It had boogie jams and breezy pop anthems.

“Danny’s Chant” has a similar groove to “Rattlesnake Shake,” while “Spare Me A Little” easily foreshadowed “Say You Love Me.”

I agree. This would have been THE lineup I would have wanted to see.

BLY 07-23-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1258912)
For me, “Bare Trees” was maybe the definitive Fleetwood Mac album. It had boogie jams and breezy pop anthems.

“Danny’s Chant” has a similar groove to “Rattlesnake Shake,” while “Spare Me A Little” easily foreshadowed “Say You Love Me.”

I agree. This would have been THE lineup I would have wanted to see.


Ditto that! I would have loved to have seen this lineup and the Bare Trees tour for sure.

jbrownsjr 07-23-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1258912)
For me, “Bare Trees” was maybe the definitive Fleetwood Mac album. It had boogie jams and breezy pop anthems.

“Danny’s Chant” has a similar groove to “Rattlesnake Shake,” while “Spare Me A Little” easily foreshadowed “Say You Love Me.”

I agree. This would have been THE lineup I would have wanted to see.

I love Bare Trees. I can listen to it without touching any tracks. Even Grey.

Any songs you have NOT heard on this box set?

SteveMacD 07-23-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1258920)
I love Bare Trees. I can listen to it without touching any tracks. Even Grey.

Any songs you have NOT heard on this box set?

“Stone” and “Good Things” (“Don’t Wait Too Long” notwithstanding) as well as the alternative mixes.

The FG disc is the one I’m looking most forward to. A never released and a lot of alternative takes. Given “Lay It All Down” from The Chain, which I prefer to the FG version, those could be pretty killer.

After that, I’m curious if the Record Plant set is going to sound Way better than what’s been circulated for decades.

As for BT, I made an alternative playlist version that was even better. The second side just flows a little more seamlessly.

Child of Mine
The Ghost
Homeward Bound
Sunny Side of Heaven
-
Danny’s Chant intro -> Bare Trees
Sentimental Lady
Spare Me A Little
Trinity
Dust

jbrownsjr 07-24-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1258923)
“Stone” and “Good Things” (“Don’t Wait Too Long” notwithstanding) as well as the alternative mixes.

The FG disc is the one I’m looking most forward to. A never released and a lot of alternative takes. Given “Lay It All Down” from The Chain, which I prefer to the FG version, those could be pretty killer.

After that, I’m curious if the Record Plant set is going to sound Way better than what’s been circulated for decades.

As for BT, I made an alternative playlist version that was even better. The second side just flows a little more seamlessly.

Child of Mine
The Ghost
Homeward Bound
Sunny Side of Heaven
-
Danny’s Chant intro -> Bare Trees
Sentimental Lady
Spare Me A Little
Trinity
Dust

Yes, I'm hoping they cleaned the live disk up.

Where's Thoughts on a Grey Day? :laugh:

SteveMacD 07-25-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1258941)
Where's Thoughts on a Grey Day? :laugh:

In my dream version, the album was a gatefold and it was handwritten on the inside.

jbrownsjr 07-25-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1259001)
In my dream version, the album was a gatefold and it was handwritten on the inside.

.... so beautiful so beautiful...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved