The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   In the Meantime--off iTunes (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57158)

aleuzzi 05-13-2017 09:03 PM

In the Meantime--off iTunes

I just noticed that Christine's IN THE MEANTIME is no longer available on iTunes. Does anyone know the reason for this?

It would be a shame if it was permanently dropped. Anyone who might come to Christine through the new duet album should be able to get a chance to hear it.

Macfan4life 05-14-2017 05:28 AM

That's really bad and sad.
In The Meantime is an incredible album. If I were able to take a cruise. I see myself lounging on the balcony watching the sun go down with a glass of wine in my hand listening to this album.
Its a treasure.

jbrownsjr 05-16-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1209556)
I just noticed that Christine's IN THE MEANTIME is no longer available on iTunes. Does anyone know the reason for this?

It would be a shame if it was permanently dropped. Anyone who might come to Christine through the new duet album should be able to get a chance to hear it.

I noticed it, too!!

Some of the elements of You Are and IMW are common.

aleuzzi 05-17-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1209675)
I noticed it, too!!

Some of the elements of You Are and IMW are common.

That is so true. You could place those songs side-by-side and they'd seem like siblings.

jbrownsjr 05-18-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1209736)
That is so true. You could place those songs side-by-side and they'd seem like siblings.

I can hear Christine all over these new songs. People just got to understand her.

aleuzzi 05-18-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1209755)
I can hear Christine all over these new songs. People just got to understand her.

Not many do. It's weird.

I remember so many negative reviews of ITM from youngish critics who wanted from her the same things they get from Stevie Nicks. Christine is uniquely herself. Thirteen years later, Bad Journey, Liar, Forgiveness, Anything is Possible all still crackle with a quiet fire.

nicepace 05-19-2017 09:06 AM

I put 'In the Meantime' and 'Gift of Screws' on shuffle yesterday, and I found the result sonically harmonious. These two musicians blend well together, even when they're not actually on each other's songs.

aleuzzi 05-19-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1209806)
I put 'In the Meantime' and 'Gift of Screws' on shuffle yesterday, and I found the result sonically harmonious. These two musicians blend well together, even when they're not actually on each other's songs.

Agreed. Such a shared musical sensibility.

StevieandChris 06-21-2017 03:48 AM

I just checked and it's still off. Sad. I like this album but I guess this is Christine's "Street Angel" seeing how harshly she judges it!

aleuzzi 07-03-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1212321)
I just checked and it's still off. Sad. I like this album but I guess this is Christine's "Street Angel" seeing how harshly she judges it!

There is a difference. Christine speaks positively about the music on ITM ("It has some really good songs") but regrets not having promoted it properly. "I went about it all wrong," she has said.

I think Stevie has more forcefully dismissed the actual music on SA as not reflecting her best work because she was battling Klonopin. But Stevie's too harsh regarding the quality of that record. About half of it is very good. And "Blue Denim" is dynamite.

Netter75 07-03-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1213273)
There is a difference. Christine speaks positively about the music on ITM ("It has some really good songs") but regrets not having promoted it properly. "I went about it all wrong," she has said.

I think Stevie has more forcefully dismissed the actual music on SA as not reflecting her best work because she was battling Klonopin. But Stevie's too harsh regarding the quality of that record. About half of it is very good. And "Blue Denim" is dynamite.

Agreed. Street Angel isn't a good album overall but it's isn't horrible. Comprable in quality to TOSOTM for me. If they'd replaced one of the weaker songs with Tousand Days it might have even been better. Judging by how Christine called ITM the "dirge album" she probably doesn't dislike it but it was produced during a dark period for her that she'd rather not revisit. Thats probably where the negative attitude regarding the album comes from.

snroxman 07-13-2017 10:27 AM

I am missing "Friend" - the acoustic version. It feels like one of her best solo songs ever!

TBH, I really didn't care for the album version as much. The arrangement didn't feel right. But this version - PERFECTION. I was hoping it might slide into the BuckVie set this summer, but alas, no. That's ok.

We still have the track and Youtube. :)