The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   In The Meatime turns 13 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57438)

FuzzyPlum 09-04-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1216203)
Well, at the time people hoped it meant: "This album is what I'm doing in the meantime, whilst I am waiting to rejoin Fleetwood Mac."

It turned out to be true, beyond our wildest dreams.

Along the same lines (but not quite the same)... I always thought it meant that 'whilst the big machine is making Say You Will and doing their thing, this is what little old me is doing... in the meantime'. I never thought she was suggesting she'd one day be back though.

On another note its only just dawned on me Easy Come Easy Go is positioned next to Liar on the album. ECEG is the only co-write with Eddy on the album. This despite there being a number of unreleased Chris/Eddy songs out there that have never seen the light of day. Its almost as if it was included just so she could send a message with the next song 'Liar'.

Macfan4life 09-05-2017 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1216292)
Along the same lines (but not quite the same)... I always thought it meant that 'whilst the big machine is making Say You Will and doing their thing, this is what little old me is doing... in the meantime'. I never thought she was suggesting she'd one day be back though.

On another note its only just dawned on me Easy Come Easy Go is positioned next to Liar on the album. ECEG is the only co-write with Eddy on the album. This despite there being a number of unreleased Chris/Eddy songs out there that have never seen the light of day. Its almost as if it was included just so she could send a message with the next song 'Liar'.

Good analysis!
Didn't she say she met a guy over there and dated for a short time and many of the songs were about him.
Her romance with Eddy made her write some amazing songs.

jbrownsjr 09-07-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1216304)
Good analysis!
Didn't she say she met a guy over there and dated for a short time and many of the songs were about him.
Her romance with Eddy made her write some amazing songs.

She had said that, and said he was much younger.

bombaysaffires 09-07-2017 07:48 PM

someone said he was a school teacher ? :shrug:

nicepace 09-08-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1216411)
someone said he was a school teacher ?

My recollection is that someone made a brief reference to a relationship Chris had had with a teacher in an interview that appeared at the time. I don't remember where the interview appeared, and I don't remember who the person being interviewed was, but I believe it was someone involved in some way with the album.

I think there was discussion about this on the ChristineMcVie.com message board. We probably thought it was a little indiscreet of this person to have even mentioned this personal detail of Chris' private life.

Not very helpful, I realize, but it's all I can recall.

jbrownsjr 09-10-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1216421)
My recollection is that someone made a brief reference to a relationship Chris had had with a teacher in an interview that appeared at the time. I don't remember where the interview appeared, and I don't remember who the person being interviewed was, but I believe it was someone involved in some way with the album.

I think there was discussion about this on the ChristineMcVie.com message board. We probably thought it was a little indiscreet of this person to have even mentioned this personal detail of Chris' private life.

Not very helpful, I realize, but it's all I can recall.

Didn't like my love song, darling?

Jondalar 10-19-2018 10:27 PM