The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood on Stevie Nicks' solo career and future of Fleetwood Mac (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56954)

dreamsunwind 03-17-2017 06:32 PM

That's not really trashing I don't think. She's not really saying it in a bad way and it's no secret Lindsey is an OTT perfectionist. She's just saying how she's different, and Tom more is like her. Stuff she's said a billion times over the past 30 years, I don't think it really means anything. Trashing him would be if she talks about palm trees falling on his head or something.

olive 03-17-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1203741)
That's not really trashing I don't think. She's not really saying it in a bad way and it's no secret Lindsey is an OTT perfectionist. She's just saying how she's different, and Tom more is like her. Stuff she's said a billion times over the past 30 years, I don't think it really means anything. Trashing him would be if she talks about palm trees falling on his head or something.

So while they're out promoting a new record and 2 solo records to be released in the future... She is just promoting the best of her past interviews, that is sad.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1203746)
So while they're out promoting a new record and 2 solo records to be released in the future... She is just promoting the best of her past interviews, that is sad.

I can't stand reading her interviews, lately. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

sue 03-19-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1203878)

Hate to state the obvious, but maybe don't read them, then.

aleuzzi 03-19-2017 02:11 PM

Most of it we've heard. But I liked hearing that she and Chrissie Hynde are having a good time together on the road. I'd never heard her refer to Jimi Hendrix as humble before. And I didn't know she and Mick get freak-out nervous before a show.

Okay.

But what does being an "easy writer" mean? I think she means the process of writing it and producing it as opposed to the song itself? I mean, nothing could be easier in spirit and mood than Monday Morning or Eyes of the World.

OH--and we had to get a mention of Lanslide.

bwboy 03-19-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1203878)

Lol and yet you do every time, followed by your critique of the interview. Every time.

bwboy 03-19-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1203746)

What new record? The untitled and unscheduled 'not a Fleetwood Mac album' album? Stevie is getting more press for her current tour than Christine and Lindsey combined, despite the fact that they have a new record coming out 'sometime.'

But yes, it is sad... lol!

FuzzyPlum 03-19-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1203887)
What new record? The untitled and unscheduled 'not a Fleetwood Mac album' album? Stevie is getting more press for her current tour than Christine and Lindsey combined, despite the fact that they have a new record coming out 'sometime.'

It's scheduled for June :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1203879)
Hate to state the obvious, but maybe don't read them, then.

I'm an emotional cutter.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1203885)
Lol and yet you do every time, followed by your critique of the interview. Every time.

Another fan of my work. Keep reading. :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Another Stevie fan concerned with quantity over quality. She loves that. :cool:
Britney Spears gets more coverage than Stevie. Britney must be better!! I love the logic.

dreamsunwind 03-19-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1203883)
But what does being an "easy writer" mean? I think she means the process of writing it and producing it as opposed to the song itself? I mean, nothing could be easier in spirit and mood than Monday Morning or Eyes of the World.

Yeah I think she means process. In her 86 Meldum interview she talks about how Lindsey found in her "a whole lotta trouble" because of how she writes her songs versus how he does his and says more about how he's a perfectionist.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1203888)
It's scheduled for June :thumbsup:

I'm hearing buzz about a tour, too! :thumbsup:

dreamsunwind 03-19-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

It's obvious that Lindsey and Christine are releasing their album that they worked on and chose not to make under the FM name, they're already began slowly promoting for it and it's scheduled for June.

I love Stevie too but you need to turn your blinders off sometimes and just accept that you don't have to blindly worship the ground the people you love walk on. I find her attitudes towards a lot of things right now to be kind of annoying and I can say that because while I love her, I don't think she's some flawless goddess who can do wrong and must have her every move defended.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1203894)
It's obvious that Lindsey and Christine are releasing their album that they worked on and chose not to make under the FM name, they're already began slowly promoting for it and it's scheduled for June.

I love Stevie too but you need to turn your blinders off sometimes and just accept that you don't have to blindly worship the ground the people you love walk on. I find her attitudes towards a lot of things right now to be kind of annoying and I can say that because while I love her, I don't think she's some flawless goddess who can do wrong and must have her every move defended.

And you keep reminding me that I do love her. Which is why I get frustrated. But hey, we get a Buckingham/McVie album with Mick and John. A tour. A LB solo album. Maybe a solo album by Stevie eventually and a blues album by Christine. And a final tour.

Drama is good!

olive 03-19-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1203890)
Another fan of my work. Keep reading. :thumbsup:

i am your biggest fan

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1203896)
i am your biggest fan

I'm just honest. and I love you too, Olive Oil. :)

olive 03-19-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

who doesn't get press when they tour ? and all good the last bad concert review was on the 22 of July 1989, Milli Vanilli at the Lake Compounce theme park in Bristol, Connecticut

Sunn O))) boston got good press for their show here is a sample of their Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnG6EHh1N4

FuzzyPlum 03-19-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1203903)

Sunn O))) boston got good press for their show here is a sample of their Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnG6EHh1N4

That's pretty catchy. Damn, I'm going to have that tune in my head all night now.

bwboy 03-19-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1203894)

It's funny how people can read the same posts and come away with such different interpretations. I 100% agree with what you said about blinders and worship, believe me. I do not do that with Stevie, or any other celebrity. I have no problem with people criticizing her, I've done it plenty of times. But name calling, like one poster does with his signature line, or making fun of her looks or weight, automatically makes me want to reply in kind about Christine or Lindsey, knowing it will annoy that poster in the same way. Petty? Sure. But no more petty than some of the other posters here.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1203908)
That's pretty catchy. Damn, I'm going to have that tune in my head all night now.

I love the melody. :wavey:

olive 03-19-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1203908)

i've been humming it for days

elle 03-19-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1203909)
It's funny how people can read the same posts and come away with such different interpretations.

many times that's the case, sure - depending on people's particular biases.

however your posts are pretty clear-cut as far as where your bias lies. glancing through the posts after your reply to olive, most people read your post exact same way as dreamsunwind did.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

It's funny how people can read the same posts and come away with such different interpretations. I 100% agree with what you said about blinders and worship, believe me. I do not do that with Stevie, or any other celebrity. I have no problem with people criticizing her, I've done it plenty of times. But name calling, like one poster does with his signature line, or making fun of her looks or weight, automatically makes me want to reply in kind about Christine or Lindsey, knowing it will annoy that poster in the same way. Petty? Sure. But no more petty than some of the other posters here.

Your comments don't annoy me. However, I'm not surprised to read it's a goal of yours. We all have different opinions and most of us, (even on different sides of the coin) are able to joke around and goof off. I don't get bent if people have a different opinion. That's what the board is for.

If just feels like you can't handle BuckVie getting so much attention. Which points to Elle's thread about Stevie fans being bitter. Christine hasn't had work outside of FMac since 2004. So after a 13 year wait, there's nothing you can say that will upset me.

And if people want to comment on Christine's plastic surgery or Stevie's weight, or Lindsey's hair... let em have at it... I'm not into body shaming. I'm a shorty gay guy who loves to shave his head. I'm the last person to point out someone's body flaws.

The walls will not come tumbling down.

elle 03-19-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1203914)
YAnd if people want to comment on Christine's plastic surgery or Stevie's weight, or Lindsey's hair... let em have at it...

well, we are not even sure whether Christine had some plastic surgery recently. that Buckvie pic in the Uncut may have been either airbrushing or just simply botox injection in her forehead. you can definitely still see all the lines under her eyes or around her mouth that come with age.

buck on the other hand, we know had some hair additions since 2011. and while i'm in general not a fan of artificial youth, i'm glad he did it because his natural hairline was starting to look pretty bad.

and i'm not sure what all Stevie has had done, but if you watched Sound City up close in the theater, it was pretty clear who had nothing done vs who had rubbery looking skin like all older performers in vegas usually do.

whatever they do, especially if it's tasteful i'm happy for them, since we all know the cult of youth and beauty in LA and beyond is alive and well.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1203916)
well, we are not even sure whether Christine had some plastic surgery recently. that Buckvie pic in the Uncut may have been either airbrushing or just simply botox injection in her forehead. you can definitely still see all the lines under her eyes or around her mouth that come with age.

buck on the other hand, we know had some hair additions since 2011. and while i'm in general not a fan of artificial youth, i'm glad he did it because his natural hairline was starting to look pretty bad.

and i'm not sure what all Stevie has had done, but if you watched Sound City up close in the theater, it was pretty clear who had nothing done vs who had rubbery looking skin like all older performers in vegas usually do.

whatever they do, especially if it's tasteful i'm happy for them, since we all know the cult of youth and beauty in LA and beyond is alive and well.

I will judge the photography. But someone's looks are what they are. It's easier to be a beautiful person than a pretty person. I'm short and stocky.. (you've seen my photos).. I only body shame my close friends... we do it to each other in good spirit..

elle 03-19-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1203919)
But someone's looks are what they are. It's easier to be a beautiful person than a pretty person. I'm short and stocky.. (you've seen my photos).. I only body shame my close friends... we do it to each other in good spirit..

i've seen your pics - you are hot my friend!

it's a weird phrase you use there, to me. i think it's harder to be beautiful the way you define it - because you have to work on it, that inner beauty. pretty is just in your genes - or not.

but i think what you brought up in your other post was not inner beauty or outer looks - it's whether some entertainers felt they had to artificially "improve" their looks to look younger. and i fully well know many have to. i can respect they feel they have to do it for their jobs; i can even more respect if they manage to be successful without the looks! or alternatively, if they do something to change their looks, if they are straightforward about it - like Cher always was.

HomerMcvie 03-19-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Funny thing is, that I couldn't care less. Mock away! Have fun. Life is short. And maybe stop being uber sensitive. Have a good day! :woohoo:

HomerMcvie 03-19-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Your comments don't annoy me. However, I'm not surprised to read it's a goal of yours. We all have different opinions and most of us, (even on different sides of the coin) are able to joke around and goof off. I don't get bent if people have a different opinion. That's what the board is for.

If just feels like you can't handle BuckVie getting so much attention. Which points to Elle's thread about Stevie fans being bitter. Christine hasn't had work outside of FMac since 2004. So after a 13 year wait, there's nothing you can say that will upset me.

And if people want to comment on Christine's plastic surgery or Stevie's weight, or Lindsey's hair... let em have at it... I'm not into body shaming. I'm a shorty gay guy who loves to shave his head. I'm the last person to point out someone's body flaws.

Exactly! Who gives a rat's ass? Uber sensitive Chiffonheads.... that's who! :blob1::blob1:

michelej1 03-19-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1203883)

OH--and we had to get a mention of Lanslide.

And George R. R. Martin problem not being able to imagine himself being able to it!

Michele

michelej1 03-19-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1203661)
Regarding a previous comment, I don't recall Stevie ever blaming any failures she has had because of Lindsay Buckingham???

She really hasn't had much to say in 20 years, but she used to blame Lindsey all of the time. Like when she said she had some great songs and about 50 mediocre ones that could have been great, if Lindsey hadn't been mad at her.

Michele

bwboy 03-19-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Jbrownjr, I don't know if it's because you were being sincere or what, but this post read much differently to me than many of your previous ones, and was much appreciated. Maybe I don't get the humor on here sometimes, so if my defensiveness is unwarranted, I happily apologize.

I have no problem with Christine and Lindsey (or their album) getting so much attention. Why would I? I love the band and the individual members. I want their album to be a hit. Yet ironically enough, to me, it feels like some posters here can't handle Stevie getting so much attention, yet you think I feel the same way about Chris and Lindsey! But I can assure you, I'm not a bitter or resentful Stevie fan. I'm just a fan of both the band and many of the individual members, and that includes Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, too.

bwboy 03-19-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1203928)
She really hasn't had much to say in 20 years, but she used to blame Lindsey all of the time. Like when she said she had some great songs and about 50 mediocre ones that could have been great, if Lindsey hadn't been mad at her.

Michele

Ok, so this comment makes me want to get defensive, but I won't :) let's look at this post objectively, instead. You say Stevie hasn't had much to say in 20 years, but she used to blame Lindsey all the time. I'm sure in the hundreds of interviews she's given in the last 20 years, she made a comment about not being pleased with some of Lindsey's production of her songs. Just like I'm sure in the many interviews Lindsey has given in the past 20 years, he's made a comment about making Stevie's songs better. That's not blaming her failures on Lindsey.

She just said in a recent interview that she was disappointed Lindsey took her background vocals off some of the songs on Tango, but she understood why (because they weren't very good or words to that effect). Sounded to me like she was being realistic and diplomatic. She certainly wasn't blaming him.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1203930)
Jbrownjr, I don't know if it's because you were being sincere or what, but this post read much differently to me than many of your previous ones, and was much appreciated. Maybe I don't get the humor on here sometimes, so if my defensiveness is unwarranted, I happily apologize.

I have no problem with Christine and Lindsey (or their album) getting so much attention. Why would I? I love the band and the individual members. I want their album to be a hit. Yet ironically enough, to me, it feels like some posters here can't handle Stevie getting so much attention, yet you think I feel the same way about Chris and Lindsey! But I can assure you, I'm not a bitter or resentful Stevie fan. I'm just a fan of both the band and many of the individual members, and that includes Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, too.

No need to apologize. I think you take any negative posts re: Stevie personally. Stop that, it will drive you nuts. You can't control what other's think. Although it might be nice if we could. It's not a knock on you, some people just don't like her personality.

I have no problem with your posting. We all get frustrated in here.

However, it's my belief that if anybody says anything bad about Stevie they get jumped on by posters that are normally in the Stevie forum. You do post in this forum a lot, so that's not directed at you. But there's a few that will make excuses for anything Stevie does. That's what gets on some of our nerves.

But, yeah... the humor makes it much more fun.

michelej1 03-19-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1203936)

She just said in a recent interview that she was disappointed Lindsey took her background vocals off some of the songs on Tango, but she understood why (because they weren't very good or words to that effect). Sounded to me like she was being realistic and diplomatic. She certainly wasn't blaming him.

I wasn't talking about that recent interview. In fact, my post made it clear that I was talking about interviews she gave beyond the last 20 years. Someone said they don't remember many interviews where Stevie blamed Lindsey and I said there are many interviews in which she did, but they are the older interviews.

And I wasn't talking about interviews Lindsey gave about Stevie. I was responding to a comment in a post made about Stevie's interviews, not his.

And I don't care if you feel defensive or not. I feel that if you think the board is too harsh on Stevie, there are many boards that are not where you would feel more comfortable. As soon as I get my tax refund, I will be starting a new bulletin board myself, because I don't like the bulletin boards that are out there about my favorite actor. He's been around a long time and I will be creating a forum 15 years too late, but I'm going to do it anyway, because I'm frustrated with the attitudes on other forums and I left this board in 2003, because I didn't like its tone. No board is for everyone.

Michele

bwboy 03-19-2017 06:58 PM

Not too harsh, just negative for no reason. But then I'm guilty of keeping the negativity going, too. Oh, why not, right?

michelej1 03-19-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1203944)
Not too harsh, just negative for no reason. But then I'm guilty of keeping the negativity going, too. Oh, why not, right?

One doesn't need a reason to be negative. This isn't the Happy Happy Joy Joy forum.

The kind of comments that Stevie would routinely make about Lindsey are like the one in the interview Courtney Love did with her, to which I was referring.

Quote:

No, no. I would sit down and play him "Gold Dust Woman" on the guitar, my simple little version, and two days later it would be recorded, and it would be recorded really well. He could take my songs and do what I would do if I had his musical talent. When he wasn’t angry with me, that is. That’s why there’s seven or eight great songs, and there’s 50 more where he wasn’t happy with me and didn’t help me.

HomerMcvie 03-19-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1203947)
One doesn't need a reason to be negative. This isn't the Happy Happy Joy Joy forum.

I feel a new sig coming on!

You are the best thing to ever happen to the Ledge. I sincerely mean that. :wavey:

dreamsunwind 03-19-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1203947)
The kind of comments that Stevie would routinely make about Lindsey are like the one in the interview Courtney Love did with her, to which I was referring.

lol that quote. i wonder if it ever occurred to her that maybe he didn't have any hidden vendetta, that maybe she just didn't like it

justcrazylove 03-19-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1203951)
I feel a new sig coming on!

You are the best thing to ever happen to the Ledge. I sincerely mean that. :wavey:

I couldn't agree more, a realist, no bull****, and fair. :thumbsup: