The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   TMI thread. Discussion of sensitive ADULT issues/triggers. Enter with awareness! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45306)

Nikolaj 12-07-2010 04:39 AM

TMI thread. Discussion of sensitive ADULT issues/triggers. Enter with awareness!

Oh, if only. Well, there's no children here, adults only, it seems.
My sister once described it to me as 'taking the teeth out of the tiger'- an expression I'd never heard, but the way she said it made me think it's commonly known. She meant talking about something you just don't talk about, getting it off your chest, so it reduces the power of pain, terror or shame. I couldn't do it. Different than 'JTIS' really. Very.
I think it would almost need a moderator. Well, we have moderators. I guess I mean a daily monitor or moderator.
I have one idea, and I like so many of the writers here, but I could verbally get murdered.
So, a "Too Much Information, With No Judgement Of Something I Haven't Even Told My Shrink"- what, who me? Yes, I do have one! The collective gasps I imagine are deafening, baby. (only if it surprised a soul).
I imagine it that it can't be about anything violent, causing harm to others, illegal, or too disturbing as to create mayhem. Or is that both too vague and too specific?
Does anyone know of such a forum maybe outside of The Ledge?
Important but difficult or embarrassing true confessions, they have to be true, no making a thing up. Maybe helping yourself. Or maybe there's a good reason not to talk about it, if one just never has been able to.
That's it, it's embarrassment and shame. The Embarrassment and Shame Forum.
Ah, there must be one somewhere already.

Nikolaj 12-07-2010 04:55 AM

Checking:
nutjob.com,
itsashame.haha.org
crybabywhocares.net
thatseffedupman.whatever
schizrusinUSA

louielouie2000 12-07-2010 05:00 AM

I actually totally dig this idea. I think letting out the good, bad, and ugly is the most cathartic thing you can do as a person. The good thing about sharing TMI is that you have the ability to help others by proxy. So many subjects are taboo to the point where there's no healthy discussion of them, which causes mistakes to be repeated again and again. No subject is off limits for me personally... but I'm sure that won't be a unified sentiment around here. To me knowledge is knowledge is knowledge. And I love soaking up information about absolutely everything... so bring it on, I say! :thumbsup:

Dodfather 12-07-2010 06:40 AM

Oh I can contribute to this thread... but not right now as I'm at work! Once I'm homer with a beer or 4....

MissLadyLoki 12-07-2010 08:46 AM

I'm with Louie, let's do this thread! I think I can rustle up some stories

BTFLCHLD 12-07-2010 10:20 AM

JTIS :shrug:

http://www.fmylife.com/

TerraRhiannon 12-07-2010 11:54 AM

I don't know if this is TMI, but it's probably more that you want to know about my dream.

Last night I dreamed I had The Dance CD, and eveyone was buck naked on the album cover. Christine was wearing a black feather boa.

Then I went to one of their Dance shows, but I believe they were clothed.

Nikolaj 12-07-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 926002)

I think I agree with the shrug, thank you! What the ef is it about me when it gets long about 5:27 in the morning? Edit: Just clicked on your link, thank you. That should do nicely.
Oh dear, someone bumped the rant du jour from the other night about Oprbama. Time to go bump it back down!

Silver Springs 12-07-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 926015)
I don't know if this is TMI, but it's probably more that you want to know about my dream.

Last night I dreamed I had The Dance CD, and eveyone was buck naked on the album cover. Christine was wearing a black feather boa.

Then I went to one of their Dance shows, but I believe they were clothed.

Can you draw? I demand detail of Lindsey rofl!

RickRobert 12-07-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 926037)
Can you draw? I demand detail of Lindsey rofl!

And as little detail of Mick as possible :eek:

DefDumbandBlond 12-07-2010 04:43 PM

TMI? I love TMI. :cool: I say go for it.

ButterCookie 12-07-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlond (Post 926060)
TMI? I love TMI. :cool: I say go for it.

Heh heh heh. The smut we've been known to post would get us thrown off :eek:

On drawings, I can has Christine in feather boa pls?

DefDumbandBlond 12-07-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 926063)
Heh heh heh. The smut we've been known to post would get us thrown off :eek:

On drawings, I can has Christine in feather boa pls?

Ha, yup. :lol: Surprised we are still Blondie Forum members.

RickRobert 12-07-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlond (Post 926064)
Ha, yup. :lol: Surprised we are still Blondie Forum members.

I'm suprised too after... the thread :lol:

ButterCookie 12-07-2010 05:28 PM

The thread. Dun dun dun

mezzoforte 12-07-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 926069)
The thread. Dun dun dun

This all sounds so mysterious...mind if I ask?

HejiraNYC 12-07-2010 05:28 PM

Okay... over a dozen posts later and there's barely anything I would consider TMI. If you're all for it, then when are we going to start reading anything truly TMI:

-Grooming habits... down there?
-Tampons or pads?
-Lights on or off?
-Top or bottom?
-Floaters or sinkers?

We want to know! :mad:

MissLadyLoki 12-07-2010 05:31 PM

Recently, I hung out with this guy Jim I met in the Sci Fi Forum and it was all fine and dandy. I found out he was a sophmore and I figured he was 19, 20. I was dead wrong: he was 28 and in the army before going to school. Being 20, I found it kinda creepy, but look on the bright side: I had fun smoking pot with him :lol:

ButterCookie 12-07-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzoforte (Post 926070)
This all sounds so mysterious...mind if I ask?

Me and my best girlfriends are on the Blondie boards and there was a nice thread that turned into a place to express our deepest (and in some cases darkest) sexual fantasies. Good times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 926071)
Okay... over a dozen posts later and there's barely anything I would consider TMI. If you're all for it, then when are we going to start reading anything truly TMI:

-Tampons or pads?
-Lights on or off?
-Top or bottom?
-Floaters or sinkers?

This is true, so I'll break le ice.

This is no longer the 70's, pass me a razor.
Tampons. Always. Unless it's bed time and I'm stone cold unconcious. Pads make me gag.
I don't mind either way but I'm prone to falling asleep in warm, dark rooms.
Either, I don't mind.
I don't stop and look at my poop, I'm not Gillian McKeith :lol:

RickRobert 12-07-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

-Tampons or pads?

Neither :mad:

MissLadyLoki 12-07-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 926075)
This is true, so I'll break le ice. Tampons. Always. Unless it's bed time and I'm stone cold unconcious. Pads make me gag.

Fine, I'll reveal what goes down with me during that time of the month too. I start with pads and, as it gets lighter, I go to tampons (and I refuse to sleep with one)

ButterCookie 12-07-2010 05:38 PM

^^ I don't sleep with one because I'm scared to death of Toxic Shock :laugh:

MissLadyLoki 12-07-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 926079)
^^ I don't sleep with one because I'm scared to death of Toxic Shock :laugh:

Actually, that's the same excuse for me too. Those packages make it sound too scary :laugh:

DefDumbandBlond 12-07-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

-Tampons or pads?
-Lights on or off?
-Top or bottom?
-Floaters or sinkers?

Ok then.

I hate excess body hair, that should answer that question.
Tampons
Off
Bottom
I tend to not look so I don't know.

HUZZAH

MissLadyLoki 12-07-2010 05:42 PM

I thought me smoking with a guy that turned out to be 8 years older than me was TMI, but i got a better one.

In regard to guys and what lays below the belt, I am one to go look at his package much faster than his ass (except for Rob Kardashian, he's a different story). I dunno why :shrug:

TerraRhiannon 12-07-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

-Tampons or pads?
-Lights on or off?
-Top or bottom?
-Floaters or sinkers?

Georgie, Bee, whoever else wanted the drawing, I will get on that asap :) It's gonna be a sucky drawing though cause I have zero artistic talent. Maybe I can just describe it to you, Bee, and you can draw it! Lol.

As for the questions above^
I shave.
Tampons, all the way.
Lights off.
Bottom.
I'm pretty sure I have sinkers? Except I think some of them float...what is normal?

Lmao

Silver Springs 12-07-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 926089)
Georgie, Bee, whoever else wanted the drawing, I will get on that asap :) It's gonna be a sucky drawing though cause I have zero artistic talent. Maybe I can just describe it to you, Bee, and you can draw it! Lol.

I'm pretty sure I have sinkers? Except I think some of them float...what is normal?

Lmao

Haha! Could be an interesting project :p

I think "floaters" are a sign of excessive fat in the diet, thus excessive fat in the stool.

*gag* So not my topics of choice lol. I'm very squeemish.

iamnotafraid 12-07-2010 06:39 PM

whoa... I'm dizzy

RickRobert 12-07-2010 06:43 PM

http://welikeitfresh.com/files/2008/...-interests.jpg

Silver Springs 12-07-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 926092)
whoa... I'm dizzy

A common reaction amongst men when feminine issues arise. If you want to clear a room of all men, just say the P word lol. Either that or the H word. Housework

iamnotafraid 12-07-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 926095)
A common reaction amongst men when feminine issues arise. If you want to clear a room of all men, just say the P word lol. Either that or the H word. Housework

Years ago I worked in a place where I
was the only rooster in the hen house
and I got TMI all the time.

DefDumbandBlond 12-07-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 926095)

You can clear the room of me if you say the H word. :eek:

TerraRhiannon 12-07-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 926096)
Years ago I worked in a place where I
was the only rooster in the hen house
and I got TMI all the time.

I worked in a place where it was all guys. they wanted to know my TMI all the time. Pervs....lmfao. Or they usually gave me TMI ... which is just as bad as a woman giving you Too Much Information.

louielouie2000 12-07-2010 06:55 PM

-Grooming habits... down there? The garden stays trimmed, but is never clear cut. :p If anyone has any tips on how to groom the uh, boys, without harm help a guy out and share the wealth! :laugh:
-Tampons or pads? N/A
-Lights on or off? Who said it always happens indoors? :D
-Top or bottom? Both. ;) Tho it's been a several years and boyfriends since the latter.
-Floaters or sinkers? It's like a combo platter... :lol:

RickRobert 12-07-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 926100)
-Grooming habits... down there? The garden stays trimmed, but is never clear cut. :p If anyone has any tips on how to groom the uh, boys, without harm help a guy out and share the wealth! :laugh:

My friends share tips all the time :eek: Personally I don't want to risk it :lol:

HomerMcvie 12-07-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 926102)
My friends share tips all the time :eek: Personally I don't want to risk it :lol:

My garden's always trimmed, but never clearcut! And fortunately, my boys are pretty much smooth, naturally.

louielouie2000 12-07-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 926102)

You and me both! A friend of mine recommends using a lady's Intuition razor (the razors that surround the blades in soap), but taking an open blade down there just terrifies me :shocked:. Not that my method of an electric trimmer goes any easier on me... :cool:

...and by the way. If you ever do cut yourself down there, never, ever make the mistake I did of using a septic stick to stop the bleeding. HOLY HELL. :eek: :lol:

cristochango 12-07-2010 07:39 PM

I have the feeling that this thread and nicksfix chat harbor many simularities, hahaha.

MissLadyLoki 12-07-2010 07:46 PM

-Grooming habits... down there? Um, well I shave my bikini line when I need to and the itchiness drives me crazy, but I don't have that much in the first place
-Tampons or pads? I already answered that
-Lights on or off? Lights off
-Top or bottom? Both
-Floaters or sinkers? I guess it's both

tilthefirefades 12-07-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristochango (Post 926107)
I have the feeling that this thread and nicksfix chat harbor many simularities, hahaha.

Stevie would be proud :)