The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   5 least favorite Christine Mac songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59459)

Macfan4life 01-16-2022 05:26 PM

5 least favorite Christine Mac songs

This is probably the toughest list ever because Chris brings her A game for every album. There is no song of hers that I hate. So don't flame me, these are just my least favorite. ***Gosh this is tough*** No solo work. That makes it too easy.

5. Mystified - its a little too whimsical for my taste. Its dreamy but I would have taken another Chris song that has a beat.

4. Believe Me - it pains me to put a Mystery To Me song on this list. Like I said, I dont hate it, its just one of my least favorites.

3. Honey Hi - I love the harmony and its a cute couple minutes but not much of a song. Its a nice simple track on a double album but it would have never made the cut on a 10 track album.

2. One More Lonely Night - not my favorite to take up space on the incredible 1980 Live Album. Its ok for a B side somewhere. Give us another live track.

1. Ricky - Classic Chris meets the modern Go Insane Lindsey - something not just right about this :lol:

bwboy 01-16-2022 06:04 PM

Honey Hi
Temporary One
Sugar Daddy
Oh Daddy
One More Night

These are actually the only Christine/FM songs I dislike. I would have been hard pressed to come up with a #6. We’ll, maybe Only Over You, and that’s not even that terrible.

jbrownsjr 01-16-2022 06:10 PM

Temporary One
Hollywood
Skies The Limit
Night In Estrol
One More Night

Wow that's hard. The only. song I don't like above is Temp. One.

On Ice 01-16-2022 09:13 PM

As I said on another thread, I believe all of her material on Mac albums IS viable product, so this list is one of weakness, not really so much as dislike.

5. Just Crazy Love- again, hard to criticize a Mystery to Me Christine McVie song, but this one just meanders a little bit and the verse melody is a bit cheesy, but I still like it.

4. Never make me Cry- the alternate version is way better than the final but on the album it really feels like a wide open space more than an engaging song.

3. Skies the Limit- A bit too fluffy and feels forced.

2. I Do- An attempt at another Say You Love Me type single but not a lot of substance compared to her other work.

1. Hollywood- I don't dislike it, but the theme sounds like it should be a cheesy 90's sitcom theme.

Disclaimer- I don't actually "hate" any of these, they're just not my go-to tracks with so many fantastic songs.

aleuzzi 01-17-2022 09:28 AM

Skies the Limit (I thoroughly dislike this song)

Ricky (?)

I Do (beautifully sung, generic song)

Morning Rain (great backing track, horrible vocals—they should have gone with the “Start Again” version where she sounds terrific)

One More Night (I don’t dislike it—it’s just not on par with her usual stuff)

HomerMcvie 01-17-2022 10:36 AM

Ricky
Temporary One
One More Night
I Do
Oh Daddy!!!

jbrownsjr 01-17-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1272028)
Skies the Limit (I thoroughly dislike this song)

Ricky (?)

I Do (beautifully sung, generic song)

Morning Rain (great backing track, horrible vocals—they should have gone with the “Start Again” version where she sounds terrific)

One More Night (I don’t dislike it—it’s just not on par with her usual stuff)

I strangely love Ricky. It's such a BuckVie thing.

soul_drifter333 01-17-2022 12:45 PM

Only Over You
Never Make Me Cry
You Make Loving Fun
Don't Stop
Feel About You

I feel Christine shined brightly through 1975 but her writing got weaker over time. Her songs on Tusk are all weak but the production carries them.

FuzzyPlum 01-17-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1272032)
Only Over You
Never Make Me Cry
You Make Loving Fun
Don't Stop
Feel About You

I feel Christine shined brightly through 1975 but her writing got weaker over time. Her songs on Tusk are all weak but the production carries them.

You Make Loving Fun

...I respect your opinion...but....wtf?????!!!!!!?????

FuzzyPlum 01-17-2022 02:15 PM

Dissatisfied
Save Me
Temporary One
Sooner or Later
I Do

aleuzzi 01-17-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1272030)
I strangely love Ricky. It's such a BuckVie thing.

It almost works but never quite gets there…

aleuzzi 01-17-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1272035)
You Make Loving Fun

Agreed!!!!!!!!! That song is as objectively awesome as anything can be objectively awesome.

bwboy 01-17-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1272036)
Dissatisfied
Save Me
Temporary One
Sooner or Later
I Do

FuzzyPlum, I respect your opinion too, but Save Me? WTF?

I love Christine’s vocals on this so much, plus the amazing guitar work by Rick Vito, and the backing vocals by everyone. I even love how the song keeps going on as it ends. I also think it’s a very interesting song, lyrically. And it sounds so good on the radio.

moon 01-17-2022 02:46 PM

This is hard, and not so hard. I like most of the Christine's work. As I read before, every album has good, different and interesting material from her.
This is my Top 5!

- Honey Hi. No. Please no, dear people. No!
- Oh Daddy. Sooo booooring :distress:
- One More Night. I still don't understand what they pretended to do with these songs!
- Why. I know I'm going against a big number of members and beautiful people, but no, I don't like this song. I said it once, I think there's more similar songs from her which sound really better and emotional... :sorry:
- The Way I Feel. This is probably an unexpected choice, as I don't dislike the song, but iif I must choose, I guess it would be this!

soul_drifter333 01-17-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1272035)
You Make Loving Fun

It mostly about being burnt out on it. For many years I couldn't even listen to Rumours because it was so played out. Now, the rest of Rumours sounds good to me just not YMLF and DS for some reason.