The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Lindsey Album Confirmed!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44989)

cincymike 10-25-2010 09:36 PM

New Lindsey Album Confirmed!!!

Talked to contact and new cd confirmed. It is completed and in Mastering phase. Should be released in 3 to 6 months. I was told that a sampling of 3 songs were played from Lindsey's "dungeon" and they were all acoustic, with very little electric guitar. He is producing it (as always) and I was told one song was radio friendly. No title as of yet for the new cd. Very surprising to say the least, but he has been working on and off on it apparently for the last year or so. GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!

louielouie2000 10-25-2010 09:58 PM

Oh wow, wonderful news!! :blob2::woohoo::blob1: I can't say the acoustic concept excites me... I found Under The Skin to be a bit dull. But I'm SO proud of our boy for being so prolific the past several years!!

daniellaaarisen 10-25-2010 10:14 PM

Yeeeeesssssss!!!!!!

cincymike 10-25-2010 10:21 PM

Under The Skin was my least favorite of Lindsey's albums and that was in large part to the lack of electric guitar. I want to be clear that only three songs were sampled from the new album and they were acoustic, however that by no means indicates that the entire album is acoustic. I was told that it sounded great and Lindsey made a point to say that he could care less about making this a radio friendly album.

Nico 10-25-2010 10:33 PM

I am so happy. Can not wait! Go LB.:xoxo:

mylittledemon 10-25-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincymike (Post 917019)
Under The Skin was my least favorite of Lindsey's albums and that was in large part to the lack of electric guitar. I want to be clear that only three songs were sampled from the new album and they were acoustic, however that by no means indicates that the entire album is acoustic. I was told that it sounded great and Lindsey made a point to say that he could care less about making this a radio friendly album.

Bummer. I really enjoyed UTS. I mean, I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

Cammie 10-25-2010 11:54 PM

Lindsey's New Album !!!

:blob1: Great NEWS !!!! :xoxo: Thanks a million Lindsey!!!
We have some new Lindsey Love to look forward too! C.

Lindsfan 10-26-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 917022)
Bummer. I really enjoyed UTS. I mean, I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

I love the songs on UTS, but I like them much better live. Lindsey always said he wanted UTS to be like a step up from just sitting down and playing for someone, but IMO it's more than just one step! I would have prefered a lot less production. Great songs, but a simpler approach would have made it a perfect album for me.

As for the NEW album...:blob2::blob1: God I hope 3 to 6 months is for real :blob1::blob2:

michelej1 10-26-2010 12:11 AM

Thrilling news. If there's an album, there will probably be a tour. We Ledgies have a lot to look forward to in 2011 and it's NEW, not a nostalgia tour.

We couldn't be luckier.

I am not excited about acoustic, but the fact is I loved UTS when it came out and SYH remains one of my Top 5 LB songs. It's just that UTS paled in comparison to GOS for me. On its own, I was happy with the Under the Skin collection, before GOS spoiled me.

I thought the UTS lyrics outstanding and I am ready to judge any new album on its own terms. I'd just be happy to get new material that that graditude outweighs all else.

Michele

DavidMn 10-26-2010 12:36 AM

Paging Pattie! :p

CreepingDeath 10-26-2010 12:49 AM

If this album is like Gift of Screws, then he needs to remedy those God-awful whispery vocals.

louielouie2000 10-26-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 917034)
Thrilling news. If there's an album, there will probably be a tour. We Ledgies have a lot to look forward to in 2011 and it's NEW, not a nostalgia tour.

We couldn't be luckier.

Michele

Agreed. It seems every time Lindsey has toured this past decade I've been running low on money, and Lindsey was playing far enough away it'd require me to spend money to stay overnight somewhere. THIS TIME AROUND I WILL SEE HIM LIVE, NO EXCUSES!! :p If it means I see no other shows next year, I'll still go to see Mr Buckingham... and will travel if I must! :D God, I'm getting excited already at the thought! :]

Meowi 10-26-2010 01:11 AM

TWO albums to look forward too? :eek:

Fiver 10-26-2010 01:44 AM

This is beyond exciting! :] Hope a tour follows.

Silver Springs 10-26-2010 02:08 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope he tours in England so I can go but I doubt he would :( *sniff*