The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UK Release Date for VBO is 10-19 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41582)

michelej1 09-11-2009 12:35 PM

UK Release Date for VBO is 10-19

Uncut Magazine

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/fleetwood_mac/news/13607

Fleetwood Mac's anticipated remastered Very Best Of double album has finally got a UK release date of October 19 for the CD and digital versions.

The 36-track album, will be released just prior to the Mac's UK leg of The Unleashed Tour which starts at Glasgow SECC on October 22.

In their career, Fleetwood Mac have sold over 100 million albums worldwide -- famous tracks include: "The Chain", "Go Your Own Way", "Dreams" and "Landslide".

nailatixela 09-11-2009 02:26 PM

Wow. I wonder when the US date will be. Can you still order it online with an American address? Oh and 36 tracks is a lot...really makes me wonder what is going to be on this thing. Is there anything here about some footage we have never seen before?

FMlex 09-11-2009 02:39 PM

I'm all for re-mastered stuff, but I'd rather see a Rumours CD/DVD that has tooooooooons of footage on it that no one has been able to get their hands on.
I'm talkin' them recording songs, getting in fights in the studio, Stevie on Sly Stone's bed writing "Dreams" ... a girl can dream, right?!

OldTimer 09-11-2009 02:48 PM

From Michele's link:

Quote:

Fleetwood Mac's The Very Best Of track listing is:

Disc One:
1. Monday Morning
2. Dreams
3. You Make Loving Fun
4.Go Your Own Way
5. Rhiannon
6. Say You Love Me
7. I'm So Afraid (Live, 1997)
8. Silver Springs
9. Over My Head
10. Never Going Back Again
11. Sara
12. Love In Stone
13. Tusk
14. Landslide
15. Songbird
16. Big Love (Live, 1997)
17. Storms

Disc Two:
1. The Chain
2. Don't Stop
3. What Makes You Think You're The One
4. Gypsy
5. Second Hand News
6. Little Lies
7. Think About Me
8. Go Insane (Live, 1997)
9. Gold Dust Woman
10. Hold Me
11. Seven Wonders
12. World Turning
13. Everywhere
14. Sisters of the Moon
15. Family Man
16. As Long As You Follow
17. No Questions Asked
18. Skies The Limit
19. Paper Doll
What's this about a DVD?

Erin 09-11-2009 02:54 PM

We've already had this in the States since 2002. I think they released a more Peter Green friendly version in the UK at the same time. How very odd and unnecessary.

OldTimer 09-11-2009 03:04 PM

You're right, this "Very Best of" is from 2002. They remastered all of these? :shrug: Surely this isn't newly remastered Rumours release they've been talking about....is it?

SorcererJP 09-11-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 842036)
From Michele's link:

What's this about a DVD?

I do have this CD-set in my closet for at least 6 or 7 years. It's remastered, but don't ask me for the remasteringquality. Haven't played it in ages...one of the cd's is enhanced. Have to slide it into my laptop to find out what it concerns...so it's just a re-release?

nailatixela 09-11-2009 03:30 PM

Wow this is what they were talking about? This can't be the rumours reissue with bonus stuff that we have never seen before. They are releasing a best of CD that we already have? Yikes, this is a new low.

michelej1 09-11-2009 03:46 PM

Yes, I saw it was the Very Best Of and tried to change the thread title, but I guess it didn't take the first time.

Michele

belladonnadream 09-11-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 842050)
Yes, I saw it was the Very Best Of and tried to change the thread title, but I guess it didn't take the first time.

Michele

Maybe that's just getting released over there even though we've had it for 7 years?:shrug:

OldTimer 09-11-2009 04:49 PM

Why would they re-release this Very Best Of right now, when the anticipated Rumours re-release is due soon? It seems like lousy marketing........but then, it's Fleetwood Mac we're talking about here.....:o

trackaghost 09-11-2009 05:01 PM

The Very Best Of was released in the UK in 2003 as well but it wasn't the two-disc edition that came out in the States, it was one disc that also included material from the Peter Green era such as Albatross, Black Magic Woman and Man Of The World
You can see the tracklist here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Very-Best-Fl...2706326&sr=8-1

Dodfather 09-12-2009 03:41 AM

My God - this is ridiculous!

Not much else to say really, other than the fact that I have to wonder why on earth No Questions Asked is on there?!

Never mind though, I won't be buying it because I have all of this stuff already! Yes, this is such stupid marketing but I'm no longer surprised. It's another example of them really not seeming to care what they out out when it comes to reissues. After the high point of the Fleetwood Mac, Rumours and Tusk remasters, they seem to have given up.

Bryan 09-15-2009 07:44 AM

Pathetic..

I imported this YEARS ago from U.S.,this is the best they could come up with? Forshame. Record labels 'aint got a clue.Why bother with another compilation? Whatever.
Over it.

starshine 09-15-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodfather (Post 842117)
My God - this is ridiculous!

Not much else to say really, other than the fact that I have to wonder why on earth No Questions Asked is on there?!

Never mind though, I won't be buying it because I have all of this stuff already! Yes, this is such stupid marketing but I'm no longer surprised. It's another example of them really not seeming to care what they out out when it comes to reissues. After the high point of the Fleetwood Mac, Rumours and Tusk remasters, they seem to have given up.

I could've said it better myself.....they should remaster everything past Tusk really.....with outtakes & re-release all of there videos with extras or with extra footage....really I think they are so stupid in regards to marketing....they do make the 'best' of what 'they' have & same with Stevie.....what a sad sad waste it all is....the demos/outtakes/extended versions/live songs from all eras/outtake pictures (Mac/Stevie/heck even Lindsey solo stuff--he himself should have a box set released.....) all of Stevie's concert video's should be re-released with an extra dvd as well & remastered too.....my list could go on & on esp how they don't use the Net to there best advantage really........I agree I won't purchase that set either......I have it all already....not really interested......(plus on the Tusk doubled re-masters with extras....still feel cheated on that 2nd cd cause there's 3 songs the same or it seems that way by Lindsey....they could've used so much more...esp a different SOTM with the extra lines at the end.....another missed boat really.......)......IMO anyway.....:shrug: