The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Tour Old Material "Survivor"! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=8822)

ERigby818 03-09-2003 02:32 PM

New Tour Old Material "Survivor"

I was inspired by Alex(greatdarkwing)'s "Survivor" threads and the fact that many of us don't want to hear some of the classics on this new tour, or would much rather the time be used for old obscure songs and new ones. We'll narrow it down to just the top 3 classic hits we can't live without on the new tour. So vote off the tired ones, or the ones you'd rather see replaced. :D

Poll Closes in a week. Did I miss any (if so I'll add them for future rounds because you can only do 10 choices on the poll)?
Personally, I would not miss Dreams.

-Sonia

Hawkeye 03-09-2003 03:02 PM

ted for Gypsy. I've never liked it that much in any form

i voted for gypsy. I've never liked it THAT much in ANY for, especially live. i wouldn't really miss it.

Wldhrt315 03-09-2003 03:21 PM

I have never liked Don't Stop. I would love it if it isn't part of the set list. Kick that baby out!!!!

wondergirl9847 03-09-2003 03:55 PM

I could live without...

Dreams. It is NOT great live...it's MAGICAL on Rumours!!

BTW, WHO PICKED ISA?!?!??!?!??! :mad::mad::mad: LOL

nodmod 03-09-2003 05:52 PM

Dreams for me, if it wasn't so far up in the song list it would be the toilet break!!!

Love it on Rumours, but now I am tired of it live

EnchantedStorms 03-09-2003 06:20 PM

::::ducking::::: I picked Rhiannon. Guess I'm just tired of it, and it's just not the same as it used to be.

~Angela~:wavey:

joe 03-09-2003 07:22 PM

i had to pick "gypsy"...i never thought it was that great live...it just wasn't doing justice to the studio version. i think it tends to drag a little in concert....i know "dreams" isn't that great either but it'll never go away and it's a much bigger trademark song. it's like you can always count on it coming on right after "the chain" which is nice.

jwd 03-09-2003 07:44 PM

It'll be better than before

I think I'm going to be really pissed by the time we get down to the last three(although this poll will have no bearing on what they actually do play :) ), but since no one is missing Chris ;) and I really don't like the song as much as I used to, I gave "Don't Stop" the ole thumbs down.

Joe

ERigby818 03-09-2003 09:13 PM

Oops

Forgot The Chain and Stand Back (that counts, right?). Will add those later.
-Sonia

sparky 03-09-2003 09:22 PM

I had to pick "Rhiannon". The pace has gotten so trudging and draggy. Having witnessed a few of the legendary exorcism performances live, it just seems a little phoned in these days. I do love the recent piano intro. I think if they did the electric version much quicker, it might work. But, doubt that's happening !
*ducking*

sparky 03-09-2003 09:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nodmod
[B]Dreams for me, if it wasn't so far up in the song list it would be the toilet break!!!

LOL. My perfect toilet break/ beer run is the Drum Solo. Actually, that interlude is long enough to dash outside for a smoke too.

Cristian 03-09-2003 09:32 PM

"Rhiannon". It just doesn't fit Stevie's voice anymore.

Song of the moment - Show Me A Smile

Mac Fan 03-10-2003 03:15 AM

Gypsy, don't like it live, do prether the version from Mirage.

DownOnRodeo 03-10-2003 07:21 AM

Quote:

don't live it live, do prether
Lmao!

Anyway, why are the people who voted for Rhiannon feeling so guilty? Don't worry - few people here have much patience for latter-day live Rhiannon. Me included. :nod:
It just sounds - all the same...all the same....all the same...

Mac Fan 03-10-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Lmao!

I did mean I don't like it live.(I think was ahlf asleep when I posted that)