The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LB's new social media! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58050)

elle 08-20-2018 06:46 PM

LB's new social media!

just want to take a moment to express how much i appreciate this rebirth of LB's social media and that it looks like he actually hired someone who knows what they are doing and he's supporting it - whether it's his social media active family members' influence or the whole unhappy FM situation put fire under him finally, but this is so refreshing and fantastic!! :]:]:]:]:]:]:]

and look at all the love he's getting back on all these platforms! :xoxo:

button-lip 08-20-2018 07:12 PM

Whatever it is, keep it coming! He looks hot and refreshed! Thanks, FM! :D:D:laugh:

Angel75 08-20-2018 09:09 PM

It's lovely to see that happy little smile again too

DownOnRodeo 08-20-2018 09:28 PM

Stevie's basement might be the Upside Down, but Lindsey having a social media account is truly a Stranger Thing! No doubt this will be the first of... very few posts. :laugh:

elle 08-20-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1234542)
Stevie's basement might be the Upside Down, but Lindsey having a social media account is truly a Stranger Thing! No doubt this will be the first of... very few posts. :laugh:

haha that's what i thought when i saw his first 2 posts - because for BuckVie, it stopped there. but then.......... today's post showed up from LB's accounts, less than a week from the first 2, and right after his tickets went on general sale and sold so well. so i'm now cautiously hopeful! :wavey::woohoo:

DownOnRodeo 08-20-2018 09:57 PM

It would be great if it was someone like Cory Buckingham was along for the tour and was running a social media account, like she did for the SYW tour.

iamnotafraid 08-21-2018 01:31 AM

Cool...

It's about time.

Any truth that he's taking on tour carnival cut-outs
of the Buckingham nicks (lowercase) album with him
for the m&g's?

Angel75 08-21-2018 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1234555)
It would be great if it was someone like Cory Buckingham was along for the tour and was running a social media account, like she did for the SYW tour.

Yes, she was a great writer wasn't she. That would be a great idea and nice to keep it in the family again.

elle 08-21-2018 07:38 PM

i'm shocked! floored! WOW!! this is SO AMAZING! LB finally - finally! - having normal social media. one post per day?? WTWCT??

Quality time backstage with @misterryanadams

A post shared by Lindsey Buckingham (@lindseybuckingham) on

elle 08-21-2018 07:59 PM

and Ryan's reply -

Angel75 08-27-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234519)
just want to take a moment to express how much i appreciate this rebirth of LB's social media and that it looks like he actually hired someone who knows what they are doing and he's supporting it - whether it's his social media active family members' influence or the whole unhappy FM situation put fire under him finally, but this is so refreshing and fantastic!! :]:]:]:]:]:]:]

and look at all the love he's getting back on all these platforms! :xoxo:

Guess who's now posting selfies on Instagram #StillJealousandResentfulMuch?

Wait....I thought she didn't do social media or mobile phones :cool:

Iamwilliame 08-27-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1234877)

Oh, that Stevie. :rolleyes:

Storms123 08-27-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamwilliame (Post 1234905)
Oh, that Stevie. :rolleyes:

They say timing is everything :) Interesting for sure.

elle 08-27-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

:lol: i thought she was already on IG for years, no?

either way, the whole stalking of LB by the perpetrators of the crime against him seems just sad. i thought they got rid of him to be happy, no? but now they can't let him go and follow him down... of wait. sad old people. in the long run, however much this must have hurt, this moving on and [unwillingly] getting rid of dead waste will be so much better for Lindsey - and for us getting new exciting music from him!

Storms123 08-27-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234940)
:lol: i thought she was already on IG for years, no?

either way, the whole stalking of LB by the perpetrators of the crime against him seems just sad. i thought they got rid of him to be happy, no? but now they can't let him go and follow him down... of wait. sad old people. in the long run, however much this must have hurt, this moving on and [unwillingly] getting rid of dead waste will be so much better for Lindsey - and for us getting new exciting music from him!

Not gonna lie--timing for sure curious given her luddite tendencies.

button-lip 08-27-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Seriously, all those "Welcome, my Queen" comments.... :lol::lol::lol:

Angel75 08-28-2018 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1234944)
Seriously, all those "Welcome, my Queen" comments.... :lol::lol::lol:

Pass the sick bucket, right

iamnotafraid 08-28-2018 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234940)

...sad old people...

I hope they make the cover of Rolling Stone and
those words are...

elle 08-28-2018 10:52 AM

new LB tweet, talking about Iron Maiden and fingerpicking

elle 08-28-2018 10:54 AM

more replies to random tweets

confirming this tour will be with the band, not OMS:

DownOnRodeo 08-28-2018 11:43 AM

I hope someone posts "Welcome, my king!" in response to his tweets. :lol:

elle 08-28-2018 12:44 PM

some snark there

which i have no doubt will be willingly misunderstood by the SN-worshipping crowd :lol: :blob1:-

sasja 08-28-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1235022)

LOVE the snark!! This is so awesome, Go Linds!

Macfan4life 08-28-2018 05:58 PM

OMG Lindsey on fire!

StreetAngel86 08-28-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1234938)
They say timing is everything :) Interesting for sure.

only uses it when she has something to pimp ... or doesn't like someone else getting ALL the attention.
ppl think SHE is actually posting ... come on now.

i doubt she even knows what IG is tbh

Lindsey's twitter is the most glorious thing to happen this week. *love heart eyes for days*

DownOnRodeo 08-28-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1235043)
ppl think SHE is actually posting ... come on now.

Wait, who posted the selfie then--was it actually Misty Day? :laugh:

SteveMacD 08-28-2018 10:40 PM

Not sure I completely agree that a band is better than a OMS. Either would be brilliant if done right.

bombaysaffires 08-28-2018 10:52 PM

I get the sense that this is someone tweeting on his behalf-- like maybe they are reading some of the comments/questions to him and he verbally comments and his daughter? assistant? whoever is managing the social media is actually writing the answers capturing what he said.:shrug:

something about the language isn't quite Lindsey to me.

mind you, not complaining!!;)

StreetAngel86 08-28-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1235054)
Wait, who posted the selfie then--was it actually Misty Day? :laugh:

you know damn well it was Jessica Lange.

DownOnRodeo 08-29-2018 01:51 AM

Isn't it WEIRD? <-- Yes, it is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1235060)
something about the language isn't quite Lindsey to me.

I feel the same, but maybe it's that we're not used to written language from him? In an early interview he says that music is his way of communicating, and he's certainly refrained from press releases and autobiographies.

As for who's actually typing it, I also thought it might be someone else (Kristen even?), but then I recall Richard Dashut's recent post somewhere saying that he "had texted Lindsey and Lindsey had texted him straight back," and he has millennials in the family, so he might be a proficient typist/swipist after all. Also all the younger crowd he's associating with, in the studio or on the political circuit, they may have encouraged him to dip his toe in the pool.

If it is just someone typing it for him, I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is told off for adding too many exclamation points to someone's book that she's editing.

sodascouts 08-29-2018 07:11 AM

This is wild! He might have someone transcribing for him who's rewording to capture the "gist" of his comments.... but I think the reason it might not sound "Lindsey" to us is that we're so used to him using the same phrases that we won't believe it's really him until he tweets about paintings vs. film, big machines vs. small machines, and how these new songs are the best work he's ever done.

Seriously though, he has a rehearsed voice for interviews, and along with that, considered and deliberate phrasing with an impressive vocabulary. I agree that this doesn't match up with that, but maybe this is his more natural, conversational voice - and on Twitter, one must use the shorter words.

I used his Twitter to beg for "Soul Drifter" despite the fact that he reacted so badly when I suggested it several years ago. I figured, "Why not give it another shot?" Maybe now, because the lyrics are so perfect for his current situation, he'll reconsider.

I'm a soul drifter
And I'm out of this town
Ain't no use hangin' round
You see

My heart was broken
My part was spoken
Now the ground has opened
All around me

I'm a soul drifter
And it's out of my hands
So it's off to other lands
You see

It's a new dawn
So it's so long
For the soul lifter
The soul drifter
That's me

bombaysaffires 08-29-2018 12:00 PM

Soul Drifter is one of my faves. On an album full of faves.

How did he react badly?

sodascouts 08-29-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1235078)
Soul Drifter is one of my faves. On an album full of faves.

How did he react badly?

It was in a hotel bar in Chicago way back over 10 years ago when he was first touring - heady days, back when he found the fact that he had hardcore fans willing to follow him around amazing and it was easy to talk to him. Later he took it for granted that he had lots of hardcore fans and the days of easy access were gone.

He was playing two nights in Chicago and he'd already played a show earlier that evening. He had been varying encores at his previous shows, much to everyone's delight. He asked us if we had a song we'd like to hear him do for the encore the next night in Chicago (there was a group of us). People started suggesting several songs. He turned to me. I said "Soul Drifter" and his expression dropped from a smile to a stone-faced stare. Shoot - I've pissed him off, I thought, and I quickly said, "Or 'Down on Rodeo'." The smile immediately returned and he said, "Yes, I might do that one."

It wasn't just because he wanted us to suggest songs off his latest album - other people suggested old stuff like "Johnny Stew" and he didn't have that reaction.

Who knows.

Feather Blade 08-29-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1235084)
It was in a hotel bar in Chicago way back over 10 years ago when he was first touring - heady days, back when he found the fact that he had hardcore fans willing to follow him around amazing and it was easy to talk to him. Later he took it for granted that he had lots of hardcore fans and the days of easy access were gone.

He was playing two nights in Chicago and he'd already played a show earlier that evening. He had been varying encores at his previous shows, much to everyone's delight. He asked us if we had a song we'd like to hear him do for the encore the next night in Chicago (there was a group of us). People started suggesting various songs. He turned to me. I said "Soul Drifter" and his face went from a smile to a stone-faced stare. Shoot - I've pissed him off, I thought, and I quickly said, "Or 'Down on Rodeo'." The smile immediately returned and he said, "Yes, I might do that one."

It wasn't just because he wanted us to suggest songs off his latest album - other people suggested old stuff like "Johnny Stew" and he didn't have that reaction.

Who knows.

Hmm, I wonder what the situation was. It sounds really intriguing.

DownOnRodeo 08-29-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

He asked us if we had a song we'd like to hear him do for the encore the next night in Chicago (there was a group of us). People started suggesting several songs. He turned to me. I said "Soul Drifter" and his expression dropped from a smile to a stone-faced stare. Shoot - I've pissed him off, I thought, and I quickly said, "Or 'Down on Rodeo'." The smile immediately returned and he said, "Yes, I might do that one."

WTH Lindsey--so much for being a "soul lifter"!
That's hilarious about Down on Rodeo though. :lol: Nice save!

Does he have a bit of a complex about OOTC as a whole, perhaps?
There's an interaction with fans on the GOS tour montage where someone asks "So Lindsey, will you be doing any songs from OOTC?" and Lindsey seems to give him a less than enthusiastic response, just saying "We'll see."

Storms123 08-29-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

He was playing two nights in Chicago and he'd already played a show earlier that evening. He had been varying encores at his previous shows, much to everyone's delight. He asked us if we had a song we'd like to hear him do for the encore the next night in Chicago (there was a group of us). People started suggesting several songs. He turned to me. I said "Soul Drifter" and his expression dropped from a smile to a stone-faced stare. Shoot - I've pissed him off, I thought, and I quickly said, "Or 'Down on Rodeo'." The smile immediately returned and he said, "Yes, I might do that one."

Who knows.

And Soul Drifter is on the Anthology so maybe just where he was in his head with that song at the time? Although---so is Stephanie?

elle 08-29-2018 08:18 PM

and................................boom!

DownOnRodeo 08-30-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1235103)

Wow!
An exciting time to be alive.

bombaysaffires 08-30-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1235103)

this is awesome.

it's so cool to hear him expressing himself in such a different style than that which we've been accustomed to in interviews etc.

I never thought he couldn't actually physically type out a text :lol: but so many famous twits let assistants handle the sorting through comments and picking which ones to respond to it seemed possible here too. The fact that it's actually him is great; no one is filtering. :thumbsup:

Street_Dreamer 08-30-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1235155)
this is awesome.

it's so cool to hear him expressing himself in such a different style than that which we've been accustomed to in interviews etc.

I never thought he couldn't actually physically type out a text :lol: but so many famous twits let assistants handle the sorting through comments and picking which ones to respond to it seemed possible here too. The fact that it's actually him is great; no one is filtering. :thumbsup:

He might be talking to text. Either way, it's nice to see him embrace social media and interact with his fans. I don't think he truly knows how important his solo work is to so many.