The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What would you want on Rock a Little Deluxe? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57045)

Netter75 04-07-2017 10:22 AM

What would you want on Rock a Little Deluxe?

I have my doubt about the deluxe expanded editions moving past Rumours era lineup (sidenote: they need to get out a White album release with live Why and Rhiannon already!), but see no reason they should stop with Stevie's albums!

Rock a Little may not be an album I'm a huge fan of, or one of her better remembered records, but I'd still love to hear a remaster and expanded version of the album. We all know there's a WEALTH of material.

Disc 1: Original album remastered

Disc 2: Demos and Outtakes
1. Mirror, Mirror
2. Running Through the Garden
3. What has Rock & Roll Ever Done For You?
4. Battle of the Dragon (or maybe a version with Tom Petty)
5. One More Big Time Rock & Roll Star
6. Tied Up (In Promises)
7. Thousand Days
8. Long Way to Go
9. The Nightmare (extended version)
10. At the Fair (if this is OSOTM, then Reconsider Me)
11. Night Gallery
12. Jimmy Don't Lose Your Heart
And fill out the rest with alternate versions or demos of album songs

Disc 3: Maybe a live set? I'm really not big on her live vocals from this era but a full set with I Can't Wait, No Spoken Word, and Talk to Me would be alright.

What do you all think?

sorcerer999 04-07-2017 05:53 PM

I like all the songs you chose here, but I would add "Something Exquisite" (It's kind of like the sister to "Battle Of The Dragon" - they've both got that Oriental vibe) and most definitely "I Can't Wait" (slow intro remix). I'd kill to have pristine quality copies of both of those. As well as a pristine (and perhaps either complete or alternate) version of "Night Gallery" and "Rock A Bye Baby".

In regards to a third disc, I'd be happy with any live show as long as it's not Red Rocks.

-Dave

P.S. Was "Battle Of The Dragon" the only Stevie song from this era that went on a film Soundtrack? I can't remember.

Andyleo 04-07-2017 06:07 PM

The song Rock a Little that was a B side is an absolute must

bwboy 04-07-2017 06:38 PM

I really think a Deluxe edition of Rock a Little will happen- 99% certain of it! A live CD of the full concert would be incredible, as well. I don't think there was a live CD of the Wild Heart concert because the set list wasn't that different from Bella Donna, but the RAL set list had plenty of new songs.

I am 75% certain the Other Side of the Mirror will also get the Deluxe treatment.

ahafan02 04-07-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1205843)
I have my doubt about the deluxe expanded editions moving past Rumours era lineup (sidenote: they need to get out a White album release with live Why and Rhiannon already!), but see no reason they should stop with Stevie's albums!

Rock a Little may not be an album I'm a huge fan of, or one of her better remembered records, but I'd still love to hear a remaster and expanded version of the album. We all know there's a WEALTH of material.

1. Mirror, Mirror
6. Tied Up (In Promises)
7. Thousand Days
8. Long Way to Go
11. Night Gallery

Disc 3: Maybe a live set? I'm really not big on her live vocals from this era but a full set with I Can't Wait, No Spoken Word, and Talk to Me would be alright.

What do you all think?

She never recorded that Bruce Springsteen track, Bruce said it himself. He said he never gave a song to Stevie.

Phil 04-07-2017 09:10 PM

I'm hoping for reissues of both Rock A Little and The Other Side Of The Mirror. RAL needs to include the alternate (b-side) version of "Rock A Little" and the original recording of "She Loves Him Still".

Straightback 04-07-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1205843)

1. Mirror, Mirror
6. Tied Up (In Promises)
7. Thousand Days
8. Long Way to Go
11. Night Gallery

What do you all think?

^This! Plus, RAL version of "Lady From the Mountain"

24karatstevie 04-07-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straightback (Post 1205894)
^This! Plus, RAL version of "Lady From the Mountain"

I agree, Lady From the Mountain has to be there!

sorcerer999 04-08-2017 12:41 PM

Which version do you prefer???

24karatstevie 04-08-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1205941)

The middle video is my favorite.

The Chain 04-08-2017 02:21 PM

1st, one of my favorite Stevie demos!

SisterNightroad 04-08-2017 03:17 PM

- A decent demo of Battle of the dragon with Tom Petty
- The unfathomable track with Prince
- A decent demo of Mabel Normand
- Mirror mirror
- Night gallery
- Reconsider Me
- One More Big Time Rock And Roll Star
- Thousand Days
- Lady From The Mountains
- Chanel, Chanel
- The Dealer
- The Nightmare
- Tied Up (In Promises)

About the Bruce Springsteen song, actually it's called Janey Don't You Lose Heart and allegedly Stevie changed the title to Baby Don't Lose Your Heart, which he didn't like, and subsequently Bruce didn't want her to use the song. However he released it later as a B-side so probably if anything it'd be for that reason I think.
However if it exists I'd like to hear a version with Stevie's voice.

Neal 04-08-2017 03:25 PM

A few years ago I'd have said that the inclusion of a live disc on any remaster of this era was a long shot; she seemed to hate everything post-'83, pre-'01. But she's surprised me enough recently that I wouldn't discount anything.

Maybe a RAL remaster is where we'll see "Joan of Arc" show up...?

Artemis 04-08-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1205941)

Middle one by a country mile.

I'd love RAL Deluxe, if only for crystal clear demos of RTTG and At The Fair. Especially At The Fair. I LOVE that song.

blinker12 04-08-2017 06:27 PM

Jimmy Come on Back!!

Or is that Wild Heart era?