The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rolling Stone streaming "Feel About You" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57121)

SisterNightroad 04-27-2017 11:58 AM

So cute! Though I agree in part with some critics about the production and lyrics, it's much better suited as a single.

TrueFaith77 04-27-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1208254)
Love it! Much better choice for a single!

Starting smiling the minute I heard Christine.

Yay!:):):)

Yes what a moment!!!

She's back!!!!

ViscountViktor 04-27-2017 12:10 PM

Not a fan of the marimba and the off beat rhythms, comes across as a bit amateur/basic to me. And the weird guitar into the chorus?

Cringed at the Christine lyrics - sorry, but they have absolutely no substance. They're almost Mystified quality (that's not good). And just repeated again for the second verse. "I am a magnet...you are steel." Ouch.

I do like the harmonies in the chorus, very think Think About Me with Lindsey popping up with a line.

It did get my foot tapping as well, and yes it's great to have Christine back singing, and nice for it to be both of them.

Prefer In My World.

Jondalar 04-27-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1208259)
Not a fan of the marimba and the off beat rhythms, comes across as a bit amateur/basic to me. And the weird guitar into the chorus?

Cringed at the Christine lyrics - sorry, but they have absolutely no substance. They're almost Mystified quality (that's not good). And just repeated again for the second verse. "I am a magnet...you are steel." Ouch.

I do like the harmonies in the chorus, very think Think About Me with Lindsey popping up with a line.

It did get my foot tapping as well, and yes it's great to have Christine back singing, and nice for it to be both of them.

Prefer In My World.

The lyrics are ok. They remind me of Stevie's Cheaper than Free, which I liked better than most people. The harmonies are EXCELLENT!

lennonfan 04-27-2017 12:14 PM

I really love this new song, very Tangoish Mac yet more simple....I'm enjoying this much more than IMW and I think this could use some serious airplay.

stevierocks87 04-27-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1208236)
In My World was "ok" to me. This one is just awful. Sounds like a song from Sesame Street or the Teletubbies.

Jamie

This.

Awful :sorry:

NotonRodeo 04-27-2017 12:27 PM

Now this is more like it. Best Christine song since Everywhere. (Actually it's better than Everywhere.) And for all those who are complaining about its lyrics, how are these any worse than those of Everywhere, Got a Hold on Me, or Over My Head? What were you expecting, a commentary on global warming? It's a typical bouncy Christine love song made memorable by Lindsey's offbeat production ideas. If this sounds like Tango II, well and good!

*bounces* :blob1::blob1::blob1:

Murrow 04-27-2017 12:36 PM

Yeah the playful sort of lyrics "magnet/steel" "honey in my tea" etc don't really become Christine somehow.

secondhandchain 04-27-2017 12:51 PM

Very Everywhere ish to me. The back and forth vocals. I like it a lot. It's unexpected and has that FM creative production. THESE PEOPLE ARE 70. Let's be happy. :blob1:

secondhandchain 04-27-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1208265)
Now this is more like it. Best Christine song since Everywhere. (Actually it's better than Everywhere.) And for all those who are complaining about its lyrics, how are these any worse than those of Everywhere, Got a Hold on Me, or Over My Head? What were you expecting, a commentary on global warming? It's a typical bouncy Christine love song made memorable by Lindsey's offbeat production ideas. If this sounds like Tango II, well and good!

*bounces* :blob1::blob1::blob1:

You nailed it. Not as sugary as Everywhere if you ask me.

KenB 04-27-2017 12:59 PM

Lyrics have never been the point of Christine's or Lindsey's songs. They're always one notch above meaningless. Within the scope of the song as a whole, that turns out to be part of the appeal, because it forces you to pay attention to the way they sonically interact with the music, rather than focus on the meaning. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Lindsey in particular actually EMBRACES vapid lyircs, often. It's a deliberate part of his style.

So yeah, I like this song.

wheart 04-27-2017 01:09 PM

Great little song. The bridge in the middle sounds unfinished, like it needs a vocal or instrumentation. It's too spare. Hearing this song does make me a little sad that this never became a Fleetwood Mac album...but it's still great music nonetheless. I agree with others about the lyrics

dontlookdown 04-27-2017 01:14 PM

Not really liking this new song at all. Too "lite" for my taste.
Someone else said it reminded them of a Paul McCartney solo song -- agree.

Yes it's poppy, but it's also cloyingly sweet.

I'm jonesing for a roaring guitar solo - we haven't heard one in either of these two songs.

I will say this though: it's great to hear Christine back with Lindsey Buckingham steering the ship. I thought "In The Meantime" was slow, lazy, boring and generic.

dontlookdown 04-27-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrow (Post 1208266)
Yeah the playful sort of lyrics "magnet/steel" "honey in my tea" etc don't really become Christine somehow.

Yes. And Walter Egan already claimed Magnet/Steel decades ago. He owns that metaphor now.

BombaySapphire3 04-27-2017 01:31 PM

I am now beginning to see why It's my World was the first single.