The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Has Seven Wonders Bit the Bucket? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33436)

Ghost_Tracker 07-30-2007 07:26 PM

Has Seven Wonders Bit the Bucket?

Did Brian take Seven Wonders down? There was a "Rumour" he was gonna at "the end of July" but I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Anyway the site seems to be down at the mo'.....

:shrug:

Musicman408 07-30-2007 07:27 PM

It wouldn't surprise me. I don't know if it's true though.

kathy1 07-31-2007 07:12 AM

i tried to get it up but it looks like it is down. i don't know for how long.

Steviefan49 07-31-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker (Post 707195)
Did Brian take Seven Wonders down? There was a "Rumour" he was gonna at "the end of July" but I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Anyway the site seems to be down at the mo'.....

:shrug:

It looks to me like 7 Blunders is still down! YIPEEEEE... and who really cares? lol:lol: :]

kathy1 07-31-2007 07:26 AM

i just hope whoever buys this keeps it up and running.

JWS 07-31-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathy1 (Post 707289)
i just hope whoever buys this keeps it up and running.

Well, someone wouldn't buy the site and then close it.

DavidMn 07-31-2007 10:12 AM

why would anyone be upset?:confused: the guy banned people arbitrarily, made people pay to send pm's without even notifying them, ETC. As far as I'm concerned, Brian's getting exactly what he deserves, and I hope it never comes back.

Steviefan49 07-31-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 707317)
why would anyone be upset?:confused: the guy banned people arbitrarily, made people pay to send pm's without even notifying them, ETC. As far as I'm concerned, Brian's getting exactly what he deserves, and I hope it never comes back.

:xoxo: I LOVE you David..lol

JazmenFlowers 07-31-2007 10:55 AM

I hope it is shut down. maybe then they can start pooling their money so that I can finally be paid for my Dreams 2 performance. :rolleyes: :cool:

Ghost_Tracker 07-31-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 707317)

I'm waiting a few days, just to be diplomatic. But yeah, if it's really down I'm definitely going to have some things to say about it all. Here's my first thoughts, though, as a "long-term" board member who decided to "stick with it" for whatever crazy reason -
Personally I think the trouble started all the way back in January. The "smiley faces" were really cool there but he arbitrarily changed them to gray sucky ones. Many people asked him why, both in P.M. and in a thread, and he totally blew them off. Granted maybe it was a server thing, maybe it was something he couldn't control, whatever. But in my mind it was the first sign of trouble between "The Wizard" ( :shocked: :rolleyes: ) and board members. It was completely disrespectful to not answer simple, polite inquiries about it. Busy? Maybe, but there's other examples.
The best way I could describe it is that he not only had developed a complete disrespect for members of his own board, he had developed a downright disdain for them - he actually, literally looked down on them.
Assuming it's true that it's permanently down - well - did he actually tell anyone he was going to do this? Or did he just immediately take it down on some arbirary day without giving anyone a real heads-up and without regard to other's feelings?
It's actually scary in a way - granted this isn't "real life" but I think this guy probably has no respect for anyone in real life either; and doesn't give one whit about people's feelings or the consequences of his actions in real life. It's hard to picture somone being this rude and uncaring towards others on the Internet and not behaving that way in real life. And if he thinks he's a fan, he's got another thing coming there also.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 07-31-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers (Post 707343)
I hope it is shut down. maybe then they can start pooling their money so that I can finally be paid for my Dreams 2 performance. :rolleyes: :cool:

I think it's disgusting that you haven't been paid for that Jazzy. Just shows the kind of person Brian is really

JazmenFlowers 07-31-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon (Post 707382)
I think it's disgusting that you haven't been paid for that Jazzy. Just shows the kind of person Brian is really

yep. since I'm sure he's reading this, I have to say that he says he will pay me as soon as he has the money.

if I had known I was going to spend money I didn't have anyway, I would've done NOTS, you know.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 07-31-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers (Post 707392)
yep. since I'm sure he's reading this, I have to say that he says he will pay me as soon as he has the money.

if I had known I was going to spend money I didn't have anyway, I would've done NOTS, you know.

Hmmm... maybe he should use the money he got from supporting members.. that he then banned!

Steviefan49 07-31-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon (Post 707430)
Hmmm... maybe he should use the money he got from supporting members.. that he then banned!

:lol: :] :lol: :lol: :]

Good one Pip!

JWS 07-31-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon (Post 707430)

I thought they were getting refunds.:shrug: