The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   San Jose - Buckingham McVie - Oct. 14, 2017 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57522)

FMM2 10-15-2017 02:16 AM

Buckingham McVie in San Jose CA Tonight! - Scoop!

Hey all,

Just got back from the Buckingham/McVie concert in San Jose, CA. They brought the house down with an awesome show..

What was exciting however is that Lindsey let it slip that they were having so much fun that they were going to continue and "do this thing again."

Its looking like this project is just might not be just a one off after all!

YAY!!!!! :)

FMM2

RudieCantFail 10-15-2017 03:57 AM

San Jose - Buckingham McVie - Oct. 14, 2017

This is very first-person-y and not objective nor professional at all. I apologize for a long account. If there are formatting/something looks wrong or missing, please let me know b/c I was messing with the formatting and may have deleted something.

EDIT: I took audio of the show with my iPhone SE (in pocket) and 4S (in cup holder). If you're interested, let me know through PM unless bootlegging is not prohibited on this forum publicly. If even mentioning that I have audio is not okay, please let me know, so I can remove this edit.

It was a great show as always! They didn't change the setlist from the first leg. Lindsey's brother was there, since it's a San Jose show. He walked by me once. Haleyd has a story about him for that show, since she was in close proximity to him. I don't want to take away her ability to give details, but in short, he's a really cool and chill dude from her account.

As for the opening act, Wilderado, I'm not a fan of their music. They're good, but it sounded like sad rock music. I'm not aware of any guitar solos during their set. I was unfortunately bored, but like I said, I'm not into their style. It was hard to hear the singer's voice, so I couldn't articulate what he was singing. However, I did like the third-to-last song they did, which is the one before the lead singer pulled an acoustic guitar.

EDIT: I miss The Wallflowers as the opener.

In between the acts, I saw LB's brother talking with people at the front, and then he walked by me to go somewhere. He had a Buckingham McVie pass that was like a lanyard with a card, not the sticker. I didn't take a picture as he was walking by b/c I didn't want to be that creepy. I was Section 101 Row E, so I was on the far right side if looking at the stage. There was not one bad seat in the house pretty much, but there are areas where it's definitely obstructed view. It wasn't sold out completely, but it was pretty full. I can't comment on the percentage of sales, since the upper balcony was sparse on the sides, but fairly full in the center.

The acoustic set was "Trouble," "Wish You Were Here," "Never Going Back Again," and "Shut Us Down." It was somehow better than the LV show I went to, but probably due to being much closer this time around. I don't have much to say about acoustic "Trouble" other than that the audience liked it. I mean, I wish he'd go back to the manic way he played it for SNL in 1982. Unfortunately, Christine's age is showing when she sings "Wish You Were Here," but this time around, her singing was better than Las Vegas. It still wavered, but it didn't sound as aged. I don't dislike whispering with Spanish-ish guitar intro NGBA b/c I haven't seen it played to death like some of you. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but it hasn't worn thin on me yet. But then again, NGBA isn't a favorite of mine for his picking and singing in the first place. SUD was very good to see and hear compared to the studio version. You really witness the power of that song without his production processes.

Typical spiel into the new songs and you can speculate what he said. I may make a post that's like a pseudo-transcript later, but don't hold your breath.

I love "Sleeping Around the Corner" and I wanted to stand up so badly. I didn't have the nerve yet. It didn't sound as karaoke machine-like for some reason. I'm not saying that it's devoid of it, but it just didn't sound as noticeable. Heck, my ears aren't that great for detecting it, so take it with a grain of salt as you will. "Feel About You" is the song that I stood up for and stood for the rest of the night. Thankfully, I had an end seat, so I could shift my body to not be in the way of the people behind me. Haleyd got flack for that in her section, but I'll leave it to her to explicate more details into that. I kind of felt bad for still standing for "In My World" b/c it's not as upbeat but I love the song so much. You hear tinges of karaoke, but it doesn't overpower it. My dad loves "Too Far Gone," so I got crummy videography of that (I apologize for any potential motion sickness). The way the lighting was made the video not as good as I would have liked. I could have gotten better video from the video screens on the top left and right of the stage (didn't realize it until the ISA solo and even before, the quality was iffy but only during the acoustic set's lighting). It was awesome that they had video screens, and I'm curious if the first leg had them.

"Hold Me" was fun and I like the 'Why don't you' and 'Come on and.' I don't care that they may be karaoke. The crowd went nuts over "Little Lies" and people from the first 3 rows ran up to the stage. They were the permitted ones. I saw people from beyond that get turned away. Haleyd has a story on that experience. I'm timid and shy, so I didn't bother. I eventually got my way to the front-ish, and I'm not good with crowds anyways. I liked my lone off-to-the-side dancing area, and my audio recording would probably be messed up. It was distracting though seeing the staff turn a few away. "Tusk" was great as always, and I went nuts over that. I let a lot more loose this time, compared to Las Vegas. Also, I think someone got to strum his guitar, touch his arm, and then touch his head/hair after the end of "Tusk" b/c he bent over at the front of the stage.

Typical spiel about the album and return of Christine. I may make a post that's like a pseudo-transcript later, but don't hold your breath.

I really like "Love Is Here to Stay," even though it's not really dynamic. It's just a pleasant love song with his finger picking and voice, and I don't care if he's not at all angsty in it. He does turn a knob on his Rick Turner Renaissance to produce that double guitar effect. I wish that he wouldn't karaoke it up at all regarding the backing vocals b/c I know that Christine isn't doing them. "Red Sun" is fun as always, and I love that line dancing to it was posted on here and the FB group. I really danced to it.

I'm not a big fan of "You Make Loving Fun," but they don't play it that often on recent FM tours, right? However, I really liked it here more than Las Vegas b/c I think her singing on it was better. "I'm So Afraid" was awesome as always. It's way too long to record, especially when I love how he sings the lyrics b/c I get into it. I did get most of the guitar solo from the video screen. "Go Your Own Way" was the same old same old. No technical problems as far as I can tell (referring to Classic East). Christine brought out the bat during 'packin up, shackin up' but she didn't wave it. I think I got closer to the stage by only a couple rows, but I wasn't daring enough to proceed.

I didn't push it to be at the front. "Everywhere" was fun as always. For band intros, I was tempted to yell out that Paxson's Instagram was awesome, but I didn't have the nerve. I was also tempted to yell out "Michael Tugglas" for Brett Tuggle, since that's been a recent recurring joke on Paxson's IG stories. I don't have the nerve, but if any Ledgies would be kind enough to give a shout out like that in future shows that would be much appreciated!

It was really cool to see an old people couple sort of swing dance during "Lay Down for Free." The enthusiasm for this song was much higher than for Las Vegas. I saw people leave as soon as Lindsey said that they were going to close out the show with a couple of new ones in Las Vegas. I was towards the back during that show, so I saw a lot of the audience.

The highlight of the night was being allowed to go towards the front row-ish to take pictures and video for "Game of Pretend." I asked one of the staff members before the show if it was okay if I could go upstairs to look at pictures from people that performed at the City National Civic before. FM played here on Jan. 31, 1974 and Nov. 30, 1975, according to Paxson's IG story footage. Their picture on the first floor says Dec. 2, 1975. Anyways, the staff member remembered me and allowed me to go up, so I finally got a good quality shot and video that doesn't look washed out on an iPhone, lol. I'm very glad that my enthusiasm was rewarded at the end, since I stood up for the rest of the show after "Feel About You." I was hoping to get noticed by senpai, and I don't think I succeeded. At the end, I was waving my "Go Insane" CD, but he didn't notice it.

I also saw LB's brother again at the end walking past me as I was exiting the stage room. Could not discreetly snap a pic for PM purposes for curious people without being creepy.

Various notes: Someone behind me said Lindsey was cute very often during the show. She also said that he was gay (lol) and it was cute that he changes his guitars all the time. Apparently, that person or someone else annoyed the hell out of my parents b/c their ears were ringing with that person's hollering. I liked how I could see guitars on 'my left' side of the stage from my view, but I don't think they were his. He often went to the right to get his guitars. It's also amazing how thin that the Buckingham brothers can stay at their age. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's astounding that genetics were very kind to them.

EDIT: Also, in a recent SJ Mercury article, Lindsey said that he saw Chuck Berry at the City National Civic. I saw a picture of Chuck Berry in the lobby and Paxson's IG story indicates that Berry played here on Oct. 17, 1957. LB would have been 8 years old, and I'm surprised that he can remember that far long ago. Berry must have been pretty awesome.

Also, where do I put my little tidbit about what I saw regarding Paxson and Tuggle before the Las Vegas show? Should I revive that thread? I also have small tidbit that my dad's cousin has regarding Lindsey and his brother, Jeff, from a cousin that worked at Wells Fargo in Palo Alto. Where do I put that b/c it's really not worth its own thread?

Macfan4life 10-15-2017 05:37 AM

No set list changes?

bwboy 10-15-2017 07:04 AM

Awesome post, RudieCantFail! I loved all the details you added to your experience, beyond what Christine and Lindsey sang, for example. Glad you had such a good time and keep those posts coming!

HomerMcvie 10-15-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1217514)
No set list changes?

I'd be shocked if they did! It kills me how they can't just swap around a couple of songs from night to night.

elle 10-15-2017 10:03 AM

love your post!

RudieCantFail what an awesome post!! thanks so much for describing your experience!

i'd say for other stuff that you remembered about Vegas show etc, i guess i would resurrect Vegas thread so that it's all at the same place for later searches, but i think it's completely ok to add it here too. will leave it up to mods to correct me if i'm wrong.

Mods - can you consolidate 2 San Jose threads?

elle 10-15-2017 10:05 AM

SJ show review

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/1...their-own-way/

Review: Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie go their own way
JOHN BERRY/COURTESY PHOTO

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, best known for their work with Fleetwood Mac.
FX JOHN BERRY/COURTESY PHOTO Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, best known for their work with Fleetwood Mac.
By JIM HARRINGTON | jharrington@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: October 15, 2017 at 1:07 am | UPDATED: October 15, 2017 at 1:08 am
Related Articles

Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie find life outside Fleetwood Mac
Depeche Mode doesn’t care if you want to hear the hits
Coldplay salutes Tom Petty, busts curfew in Levi’s Stadium
Into the Great Wide Open: Our 10 favorite Tom Petty songs
Watch: Jared Leto of Thirty Seconds to Mars rocks crowd from Row N
Fleetwood Mac fans absolutely should go see Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie in concert.
The two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers are wonderful together onstage, combining forces for a show that is every bit as enjoyable as seeing them perform as part of Fleetwood Mac.

In fact, it might even be better than the Mac attack, in part because fans get to see the pair perform in intimate theaters and performing arts centers while Fleetwood Mac plays arenas, amphitheaters and even giant baseball stadiums.

The setting heavily factored into the equation when Buckingham and McVie visited downtown San Jose on Oct. 14, kicking off the second leg of their North American tour in support of the new album “Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie” at the City National Civic.

The two legendary performers sounded magical together, as they left their backing band offstage and opened the 90-minute show with a four-song acoustic set. Vocalist-guitarist Buckingham took the first number, coaxing out a starkly appealing take on “Trouble,” the first single from his 1981 solo debut, “Law and Order.”

Vocalist-keyboardist McVie followed with an even more striking “Wish You Were Here.” No, it wasn’t the Pink Floyd song – although, now that you mention it, I’d love to hear McVie tackle that as well. Rather, it’s the oft-overlooked gem that brings Fleetwood Mac’s “Mirage” (1982) to a close. And it’s likely never sounded better than it did on this night.

The four-song acoustic set – which would’ve worked wonderfully at one of Neil Young’s Bridge School Benefit concerts – came to close with another Buckingham solo cut, “Shut Us Down,” from his fourth solo album, 2006’s “Under the Skin.” Then the four-piece backing band, consisting of guitarist Neale Heywood, bassist Federico Pol, drummer Jimmy Paxson and multi-instrumentalist Brett Tuggle, joined the two stars onstage and shifted the focus squarely onto the new album.

Related Articles

Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie find life outside Fleetwood Mac
The segment opened – just like the album itself – with “Sleeping Around the Corner,” then continued to mimic the track listing with “Feel About You” and “In My World.” The spotlight on the new album finished, at least for the moment, with a bluesy, beat-happy take on “Too Far Gone.”

The new material sounded pretty good – and definitely stronger live than it does on record. But, of course, that’s not what the fans had primarily come out to hear. They wanted the Fleetwood Mac favorites.

And they’d get them.

Jim Harrington ✔@jimthecritic
Lindsey still sounds great (and Christine sounds awesome as well).
12:19 AM - Oct 15, 2017
Replies 1 1 Retweet 4 4 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Buckingham and McVie definitely got the crowd into the game as they locked voices in impressive fashion on the “Mirage” hit “Hold Me” and “Little Lies,” the “Tango in the Night” (1987) single that still stands as the band’s most recent top 10 hit in the U.S. The group then knocked it right out of the park with the joyfully turbulent title track to 1979’s “Tusk.”

The Los Angeles-based Buckingham was the more talkative of the two onstage, making sure to let everyone know that he was glad to back in the Bay Area.

“This is pretty much a hometown crowd for me,” said Buckingham, who grew up about 20 miles north in Atherton. “I have lots of family here tonight – love you guys so much.”

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Jim Harrington ✔@jimthecritic
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie take stage at @SanJoseCivic
12:09 AM - Oct 15, 2017
Replies 1 1 Retweet 9 9 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The band saved its best work for the end of the main set, charging through the charmingly romantic “You Make Loving Fun” and a powerful “Go Your Own Way.” Yet, nothing topped Buckingham’s fretboard fireworks that closed “So Afraid” and earned a standing ovation from the crowd.

Of course, this is a side project for the two performers, who plan to reunite with their fellow Fleetwood Mac members come spring and begin rehearsing for a massive world tour. Yet, it was good to learn that Buckingham and McVie want to keep making music as a duo as well.

“Hopefully, we are going to do this again down the line, because we’ve really found something new,” Buckingham said near the end of the show. “Thank you for being a part of it.”

Right back at you, Lindsey. It was our pleasure.

Wdm6789 10-15-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudieCantFail (Post 1217513)
This is very first-person-y and not objective nor professional at all. I apologize for a long account. If there are formatting/something looks wrong or missing, please let me know b/c I was messing with the formatting and may have deleted something.

EDIT: I took audio of the show with my iPhone SE (in pocket) and 4S (in cup holder). If you're interested, let me know through PM unless bootlegging is not prohibited on this forum publicly. If even mentioning that I have audio is not okay, please let me know, so I can remove this edit.

It was a great show as always! They didn't change the setlist from the first leg. Lindsey's brother was there, since it's a San Jose show. He walked by me once. Haleyd has a story about him for that show, since she was in close proximity to him. I don't want to take away her ability to give details, but in short, he's a really cool and chill dude from her account.

As for the opening act, Wilderado, I'm not a fan of their music. They're good, but it sounded like sad rock music. I'm not aware of any guitar solos during their set. I was unfortunately bored, but like I said, I'm not into their style. It was hard to hear the singer's voice, so I couldn't articulate what he was singing. However, I did like the third-to-last song they did, which is the one before the lead singer pulled an acoustic guitar.

EDIT: I miss The Wallflowers as the opener.

In between the acts, I saw LB's brother talking with people at the front, and then he walked by me to go somewhere. He had a Buckingham McVie pass that was like a lanyard with a card, not the sticker. I didn't take a picture as he was walking by b/c I didn't want to be that creepy. I was Section 101 Row E, so I was on the far right side if looking at the stage. There was not one bad seat in the house pretty much, but there are areas where it's definitely obstructed view. It wasn't sold out completely, but it was pretty full. I can't comment on the percentage of sales, since the upper balcony was sparse on the sides, but fairly full in the center.

The acoustic set was "Trouble," "Wish You Were Here," "Never Going Back Again," and "Shut Us Down." It was somehow better than the LV show I went to, but probably due to being much closer this time around. I don't have much to say about acoustic "Trouble" other than that the audience liked it. I mean, I wish he'd go back to the manic way he played it for SNL in 1982. Unfortunately, Christine's age is showing when she sings "Wish You Were Here," but this time around, her singing was better than Las Vegas. It still wavered, but it didn't sound as aged. I don't dislike whispering with Spanish-ish guitar intro NGBA b/c I haven't seen it played to death like some of you. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but it hasn't worn thin on me yet. But then again, NGBA isn't a favorite of mine for his picking and singing in the first place. SUD was very good to see and hear compared to the studio version. You really witness the power of that song without his production processes.

Typical spiel into the new songs and you can speculate what he said. I may make a post that's like a pseudo-transcript later, but don't hold your breath.

I love "Sleeping Around the Corner" and I wanted to stand up so badly. I didn't have the nerve yet. It didn't sound as karaoke machine-like for some reason. I'm not saying that it's devoid of it, but it just didn't sound as noticeable. Heck, my ears aren't that great for detecting it, so take it with a grain of salt as you will. "Feel About You" is the song that I stood up for and stood for the rest of the night. Thankfully, I had an end seat, so I could shift my body to not be in the way of the people behind me. Haleyd got flack for that in her section, but I'll leave it to her to explicate more details into that. I kind of felt bad for still standing for "In My World" b/c it's not as upbeat but I love the song so much. You hear tinges of karaoke, but it doesn't overpower it. My dad loves "Too Far Gone," so I got crummy videography of that (I apologize for any potential motion sickness). The way the lighting was made the video not as good as I would have liked. I could have gotten better video from the video screens on the top left and right of the stage (didn't realize it until the ISA solo and even before, the quality was iffy but only during the acoustic set's lighting). It was awesome that they had video screens, and I'm curious if the first leg had them.

"Hold Me" was fun and I like the 'Why don't you' and 'Come on and.' I don't care that they may be karaoke. The crowd went nuts over "Little Lies" and people from the first 3 rows ran up to the stage. They were the permitted ones. I saw people from beyond that get turned away. Haleyd has a story on that experience. I'm timid and shy, so I didn't bother. I eventually got my way to the front-ish, and I'm not good with crowds anyways. I liked my lone off-to-the-side dancing area, and my audio recording would probably be messed up. It was distracting though seeing the staff turn a few away. "Tusk" was great as always, and I went nuts over that. I let a lot more loose this time, compared to Las Vegas. Also, I think someone got to strum his guitar, touch his arm, and then touch his head/hair after the end of "Tusk" b/c he bent over at the front of the stage.

Typical spiel about the album and return of Christine. I may make a post that's like a pseudo-transcript later, but don't hold your breath.

I really like "Love Is Here to Stay," even though it's not really dynamic. It's just a pleasant love song with his finger picking and voice, and I don't care if he's not at all angsty in it. He does turn a knob on his Rick Turner Renaissance to produce that double guitar effect. I wish that he wouldn't karaoke it up at all regarding the backing vocals b/c I know that Christine isn't doing them. "Red Sun" is fun as always, and I love that line dancing to it was posted on here and the FB group. I really danced to it.

I'm not a big fan of "You Make Loving Fun," but they don't play it that often on recent FM tours, right? However, I really liked it here more than Las Vegas b/c I think her singing on it was better. "I'm So Afraid" was awesome as always. It's way too long to record, especially when I love how he sings the lyrics b/c I get into it. I did get most of the guitar solo from the video screen. "Go Your Own Way" was the same old same old. No technical problems as far as I can tell (referring to Classic East). Christine brought out the bat during 'packin up, shackin up' but she didn't wave it. I think I got closer to the stage by only a couple rows, but I wasn't daring enough to proceed.

I didn't push it to be at the front. "Everywhere" was fun as always. For band intros, I was tempted to yell out that Paxson's Instagram was awesome, but I didn't have the nerve. I was also tempted to yell out "Michael Tugglas" for Brett Tuggle, since that's been a recent recurring joke on Paxson's IG stories. I don't have the nerve, but if any Ledgies would be kind enough to give a shout out like that in future shows that would be much appreciated!

It was really cool to see an old people couple sort of swing dance during "Lay Down for Free." The enthusiasm for this song was much higher than for Las Vegas. I saw people leave as soon as Lindsey said that they were going to close out the show with a couple of new ones in Las Vegas. I was towards the back during that show, so I saw a lot of the audience.

The highlight of the night was being allowed to go towards the front row-ish to take pictures and video for "Game of Pretend." I asked one of the staff members before the show if it was okay if I could go upstairs to look at pictures from people that performed at the City National Civic before. FM played here on Jan. 31, 1974 and Nov. 30, 1975, according to Paxson's IG story footage. Their picture on the first floor says Dec. 2, 1975. Anyways, the staff member remembered me and allowed me to go up, so I finally got a good quality shot and video that doesn't look washed out on an iPhone, lol. I'm very glad that my enthusiasm was rewarded at the end, since I stood up for the rest of the show after "Feel About You." I was hoping to get noticed by senpai, and I don't think I succeeded. At the end, I was waving my "Go Insane" CD, but he didn't notice it.

I also saw LB's brother again at the end walking past me as I was exiting the stage room. Could not discreetly snap a pic for PM purposes for curious people without being creepy.

Various notes: Someone behind me said Lindsey was cute very often during the show. She also said that he was gay (lol) and it was cute that he changes his guitars all the time. Apparently, that person or someone else annoyed the hell out of my parents b/c their ears were ringing with that person's hollering. I liked how I could see guitars on 'my left' side of the stage from my view, but I don't think they were his. He often went to the right to get his guitars. It's also amazing how thin that the Buckingham brothers can stay at their age. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's astounding that genetics were very kind to them.

EDIT: Also, in a recent SJ Mercury article, Lindsey said that he saw Chuck Berry at the City National Civic. I saw a picture of Chuck Berry in the lobby and Paxson's IG story indicates that Berry played here on Oct. 17, 1957. LB would have been 8 years old, and I'm surprised that he can remember that far long ago. Berry must have been pretty awesome.

Also, where do I put my little tidbit about what I saw regarding Paxson and Tuggle before the Las Vegas show? Should I revive that thread? I also have small tidbit that my dad's cousin has regarding Lindsey and his brother, Jeff, from a cousin that worked at Wells Fargo in Palo Alto. Where do I put that b/c it's really not worth its own thread?

Okay you need to listen to You Make Loving Fun again because that is literally one of Fleetwood Mac’s top five best songs. Everything about that song is perfect. It’s also been played at every show since christine has been back.

aprilsrain 10-15-2017 11:05 AM

I was there and to the OP: yes I was urging my wife to get up and dance at the beginning of the new songs and was like let's do ittttt but same thing. People were very shy for the first half of the show! You could tell they (the band) had more fun when everyone got up though.

I really hope that line at the end means there's more of this. They should frankly have done this sooner and just been recording like this all these years and not waiting around for Stevie to give her blessing. I guess hindsight as they'd never done this before. This new album and most the songs on it (except game of pretend and lay down for free -- which they sadly closed the show out with and I think are the weakest songs on there by far) is pretty solid. It feels like Mirage 2.

The show was good. I enjoyed the set and was thankful they played mostly new songs. I would have liked to hear a couple more solo songs that we don't get often (or ever) maybe "Love Will Show Us How" or "Got A Hold On Me" would have been a great addition, and I probably would have subtracted the last two songs from the set for that.

Something I noticed as I got up front and stood right in front of Chris for most of the 2nd half-- Her keyboard is kept very low volume most of the time. I see Brett playing a lot of the piano licks or doubling them. She almost looks nervous and shaky to me. Is that an age thing or has she always been kinda averse to the limelight? I may have been overthinking this but I feel like vocally she didn't sound all that confident in herself either.

bwboy 10-15-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilsrain (Post 1217528)
I was there and to the OP: yes I was urging my wife to get up and dance at the beginning of the new songs and was like let's do ittttt but same thing. People were very shy for the first half of the show! You could tell they (the band) had more fun when everyone got up though.

I really hope that line at the end means there's more of this. They should frankly have done this sooner and just been recording like this all these years and not waiting around for Stevie to give her blessing. I guess hindsight as they'd never done this before. This new album and most the songs on it (except game of pretend and lay down for free -- which they sadly closed the show out with and I think are the weakest songs on there by far) is pretty solid. It feels like Mirage

Glad you had a good time! But as far as Chris and Lindsey doing this sort of thing sooner, that had nothing to do with Stevie. As I'm sure you know, Christine left the band on her own after the Dance, and quit touring due to her fear of flying. She wanted to record on Say You Will, but Lindsey said no because she wouldn't tour. It was only when she conquered her fear of flying that touring, and therefore recording, became a possibility again.

I think Christine's age is why she isn't playing keyboards as much on this tour. Just a guess. If they really do do this again, maybe they will add Got a Hold on Me!

Macfan4life 10-15-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1217521)
I'd be shocked if they did! It kills me how they can't just swap around a couple of songs from night to night.

Yes I know, I was not expecting it but just holding out hope. I love their new album but I am such a fan of Christine's solo work that I want to hear her play at least one song.
Also, too much has been invested in those karaoke tracks to change anything up :eek:
If it helps, I would gladly sing back up on Got a hold on me ;)

button-lip 10-15-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilsrain (Post 1217528)
I really hope that line at the end means there's more of this. They should frankly have done this sooner and just been recording like this all these years and not waiting around for Stevie to give her blessing. I guess hindsight as they'd never done this before. This new album and most the songs on it (except game of pretend and lay down for free -- which they sadly closed the show out with and I think are the weakest songs on there by far) is pretty solid. It feels like Mirage 2.

I know what you mean. If they had started working on their BM album right after Christine returned instead of waiting for Stevie to make up her mind about a new FM album (something she never wanted to do in the first place), then maybe they would have released it last year and we would have more chances of a second BM album. :nod:

Steviegirl 10-15-2017 06:22 PM

Killer review, RudieCantFail. Thank you!

bwboy 10-15-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1217540)
I know what you mean. If they had started working on their BM album right after Christine returned instead of waiting for Stevie to make up her mind about a new FM album (something she never wanted to do in the first place), then maybe they would have released it last year and we would have more chances of a second BM album. :nod:

Or if Christine had gotten therapy sooner to get over her fear of flying... or if Lindsey had just let Christine record with them for Say You Will... or if Lindsey had never left the band in the first place... or if Stevie HAD recorded with them for this album, this particular "duets" tour wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying is, this tour happened right now for a whole variety of reasons, but we're lucky it did happen, period. No reason to point fingers, because there's plenty of "blame" for why this didn't happen before now. As Lindsey said on the Talk, even they don't know why they didn't do an album together before.

button-lip 10-15-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1217542)
Or if Christine had gotten therapy sooner to get over her fear of flying... or if Lindsey had just let Christine record with them for Say You Will... or if Lindsey had never left the band in the first place... or if Stevie HAD recorded with them for this album, this particular "duets" tour wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying is, this tour happened right now for a whole variety of reasons, but we're lucky it did happen, period. No reason to point fingers, because there's plenty of "blame" for why this didn't happen before now. As Lindsey said on the Talk, even they don't know why they didn't do an album together before.

I don't remember talking to you about this subject, but they decided to make a duet album AFTER Stevie say 'no' to a FM album, not after Lindsey and Stevie and Christine left the band 25 years ago. You can find any article after they released the album where pretty much every journalist reached to the same conclusion. Even the members of the band said they were trying to convince her.

I know we're lucky. That's why I made the trip and atended two shows in July and will probably do it again in November. So I know we're lucky. Because I'm a BuckVie fan. But we could have been luckier if they didn't hold out hope for something that was never gonna happen.