The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey "Turns It On" in Asheville! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31891)

3rd World Man 03-22-2007 04:23 PM

Lindsey "Turns It On" in Asheville!
 
Hello everyone! Well, I just saw an AMAZING show by our hero in Asheville! A 1000+ miles and worth every drop of gas. I got some great px, I haven't even been able to go through them yet, but I did manage to catch one video clip of "Turn It On". I was so amazed he was doing an OOTC song, and then I realized my new camera could do video. By the time I realized that and got into video mode, it was half over! But, you can get a feel for what a spirited performance he did that night. I'll post more concert tidbits and px soon, but for now I hope you all (y'all?) enjoy this little clip. Sorry for the muddy sound & un-synced lips, apparently YouTube does that when you upload, as my original clip sounds & looks pretty good. This goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyways....Lindsey freakin' RAWKS!


Lindsey Buckingham Live in Asheville 3.19.2007




BTFLCHLD 03-22-2007 04:24 PM

OMG I love you! :]

BTFLCHLD 03-22-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd World Man (Post 668277)
Sorry for the muddy sound & un-synced lips, apparently YouTube does that when you upload, as my original clip sounds & looks pretty good.

FYI - If you email me the original I can upload for you so it does not do that.

shackin'up 03-22-2007 04:38 PM

HOW? do you do that, BTFLCHLD? I'm really interested.

Thanks for posting!!!

BTFLCHLD 03-22-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 668300)
HOW? do you do that, BTFLCHLD? I'm really interested. Thanks for posting!!!

Well, without having his video on my desktop, hard to say for sure what the issue is but I shall presume that he uploaded a file that youtube either compressed or converted, thereby the difference from the original to the youtube. Often, if done improperly one will have synch issues, etc. (e.g. youtube could give a chit.) I have offered to compress/convert for him and return to him for upload.

AliceLover 03-22-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd World Man (Post 668277)
Hello everyone! Well, I just saw an AMAZING show by our hero in Asheville! A 1000+ miles and worth every drop of gas. I got some great px, I haven't even been able to go through them yet, but I did manage to catch one video clip of "Turn It On". I was so amazed he was doing an OOTC song, and then I realized my new camera could do video. By the time I realized that and got into video mode, it was half over! But, you can get a feel for what a spirited performance he did that night. I'll post more concert tidbits and px soon, but for now I hope you all (y'all?) enjoy this little clip. Sorry for the muddy sound & un-synced lips, apparently YouTube does that when you upload, as my original clip sounds & looks pretty good. This goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyways....Lindsey freakin' RAWKS!


Lindsey Buckingham Live in Asheville 3.19.2007




Thanks so much and glad you had a great time.

I honestly think that is one of the best Lindsey songs of all time!

DESTINYRU!ES 03-22-2007 07:40 PM

HI, I see that this video was taken vertical and it was able to be flipped from the camera. I have a nice video of Lindsey doing Shut Us Down in Pittsburgh but it needs rotated. Any help? I'd be glad to share it on you tube if someone can rotate it in Quicktime pro or any other means?!

Thanks

carrie721 03-22-2007 08:04 PM

awesome vid! everything i've heard about the asheville show sounds awesome!

Sarah 03-22-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 668449)
awesome vid! everything i've heard about the asheville show sounds awesome!

security definitely didn't give a damn about anything. everybody was all huddled up rocking out. except me, because i got one of my sudden tension headaches (graaahhh).. but i totally enjoyed myself anyway, and the lovely people i met standing on either side of me.

carrie721 03-22-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah (Post 668458)
security definitely didn't give a damn about anything. everybody was all huddled up rocking out. except me, because i got one of my sudden tension headaches (graaahhh).. but i totally enjoyed myself anyway, and the lovely people i met standing on either side of me.

if security was so lax, i hope there was a taper!

3rd World Man 03-22-2007 08:54 PM

I fixed the video (kinda)
 
Thanks for the nice comments! I kinda fixed the video, well at least it's in sync, but it did stretch to fit YouTube's dimensions. Yes, I originally shot it vertical as this was my 1st digital video (New camera...I forgot I could do video!) I was shooting my stills vertically, and naturally did the same for the video. If DESTINYRU!ES needs your video flipped, I can do it...but the really nice BTFLCHLD offered to fix mine for me, but is busy till next week. Thank you for the offer BTFLCHLD, that was very kind. I did manage to save it as a DIVX from a regular .MOV file, so that helped to shrink it down and keep it in sync. But DESTINYRU!ES, I would be happy to give it a try...Just PM me your email if you want and I'll try to see what I can do. Thanks again for watching my video. I'll post my Asheville memories & px soon. Cheers!

mylittledemon 03-23-2007 12:27 PM

I fu*kin love that song.

#1LiddyBuckFan 03-23-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 668956)
I fu*kin love that song.

You took the words right out of my mouth!! :thumbsup: He's so damn amazing.

Sarah 03-23-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 668461)
if security was so lax, i hope there was a taper!

security wasn't lax. security was nonexistant.. just club workers, and they're all bartenders anyway. you couldn't have fit a security dude between the stage and the fans. i mean, i was using the rolls of speaker cables on the stage as a cup holder for my beer for chrissakes. :lol:

i hope someone was taping as well, but it wasn't me. i was just spectating. :)

Mike B 03-24-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah (Post 669148)
i hope someone was taping as well, but it wasn't me. i was just spectating. :)

Here's the torrent for the Asheville show...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=139860


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved