The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mirage: Favorite Non-Hits (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49891)

MacShadowsBall 03-21-2012 03:19 PM

Mirage: Favorite Non-Hits

Enough worrying about what's gonna happen to the Ledge and lets get started voting for your favorite non-hits from Mirage!

Vote for 2 songs as your favorite non-hits from Mirage.

Poll closes in 4 days. :cool:

bluefox4000 03-21-2012 08:29 PM

Well nothing on this album really does ANYTHING for me except Eyes of the World.....so that's it.

Mick

CADreaming 03-21-2012 09:02 PM

I chose Can't Go Back and That's Alright. Can't Go Back is just a really neat song. I love the "brightness" in the guitar - phonics maybe? Is that the word I'm looking for? Anyway, I love that sound. And the lyrics, "a face as soft as a tear in a clown's eye". That's just a great line. And, of course, I love That's Alright - BN throwback. It's not as great as the demo but the change in Stevie's voice sort of makes it (or her) sound a little harsher than in the demo. But, I love this song no matter the version. It's a foot tapping country song and it's catchy. Love the harmonies as usual.

I really do love Eyes of the World, but I prefer the live version over the recorded version. Thanks to whoever pointed out to me in the LB section a while back that EOTW is indeed "Stephanie". Really cool to finally hear that.

tilthefirefades 03-21-2012 09:11 PM

Ugh, another poll that I can't choose. Love them all so much, and really That's Alright is probably my favorite. But even Empire State sounds incredibly brilliant to me at times.

vivfox 03-21-2012 09:28 PM

Straight Back and That's Alright. Not because it's Stevie but these are the 2 songs I'd listen to first, probably.

KarmaContestant 03-22-2012 11:58 AM

Empire State & That's Alright are my favorites on this album, and really the only tracks I listen to other than Gypsy and Hold Me.

Yeah, so what, I like Empire State. :shrug: :laugh:

McTrouble 03-22-2012 06:24 PM

Oh Diane and Can't Go Back!

But I love the whole album.

windbecame 03-22-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1044578)
Straight Back and That's Alright. Not because it's Stevie but these are the 2 songs I'd listen to first, probably.

me too!!:nod:

Street_Dreamer 03-22-2012 07:01 PM

That's Alright is among my top five songs by Stevie. Guess what I chose?

Matt

WildHearted 03-22-2012 07:04 PM

Again, I'm dumb and didn't read before I voted. So I only voted for one: That's Alright. Definitely my favorite non-hit from Mirage by a landslide, and actually one of my favorite non-hits period. I cover it all the time at open mic night haha.

GypsySorcerer 03-22-2012 07:17 PM

That's Alright is one of my favorite FM songs, period, hit or otherwise. The second choice was hard, but I ended up going with Can't Go Back.

moon 03-22-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTrouble (Post 1044675)
Oh Diane and Can't Go Back!

But I love the whole album.

I agree. Totally agree. You're an Idol!!!

Well, for me, Book of Love and Can't go back. I know I could say Oh Diane, you know I have a special love for this song, but I think these are amazing. As McTrouble said above, I love the whole album!
Regards

MacShadowsBall 03-22-2012 09:28 PM

Where's all the love for Straight Back? It's one of my favorite FM-Stevie songs.

Well it is in 2nd place, so that's great!!!!

HomerMcvie 03-22-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1044703)

Well, for me, Book of Love and Can't go back. I know I could say Oh Diane, you know I have a special love for this song, but I think these are amazing.

As McTrouble said above, I love the whole album!
Regards

Those were my two votes, too....

I love all of Mirage, too(yes, even Empire State). Not sure why they consider it a red headed step child...(the whole album, not Empire)

iamnotafraid 03-22-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1044687)
That's Alright. Definitely my favorite non-hit from Mirage by a landslide, and actually one of my favorite non-hits period. I cover it all the time at open mic night haha.

But do you ever cover Nightbird?