The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2020 apr-may tour dates starting to drip in (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58855)

elle 02-11-2020 01:06 PM

2020 apr-may tour dates starting to drip in

https://www.lindseybuckingham.com/tour

dates so far:

SAT, APR 25 SMITH CENTERLAS VEGAS, NV

TUE, APR 28 BOULDER THEATERBOULDER, CO

THU, APR 30 UPTOWN THEATERKANSAS CITY, MO

FRI, MAY 1 THE PAGEANTST LOUIS, MO

SUN, MAY 3 BEALE STREET MUSIC FESTIVAL | MIMMEMPHIS, TN

TUE, MAY 5 THE WOODRUFF ARTS CENTERATLANTA, GA

WED, MAY 6 BIJOU THEATREKNOXVILLE, TN

THU, MAY 7 VON BRAUN CENTER ARENAHUNTSVILLE, AL

SAT, MAY 9 ORPHEUM THEATREWICHITA, KS

SUN, MAY 10 THE CRITERIONOKLAHOMA CITY, OK

TUE, MAY 12 FOX TUCSON THEATRETUCSON, AZ

WED, MAY 13 MAGNOLIA PERFORMING ARTS CENTEREL CAJON, CA

m&gs that have listed prices are about $50 cheaper than last time around which will make it harder to get because last time around they were all sold out, most of them during presales.

Villavic 02-11-2020 01:15 PM

There are even meet & greets. Did he ever give M&G in any Fleetwood Mac tour? Or previous solo tours?

FM77 02-11-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256279)
There are even meet & greets. Did he ever give M&G in any Fleetwood Mac tour? Or previous solo tours?

Yes, he has done these in the past.

elle 02-11-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256279)

if you search this site you will find the whole threads with m&g experience descriptions from various people.

Macfan4life 02-11-2020 03:35 PM

Yay! Keep 'em coming!

BLY 02-11-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1256285)
Yay! Keep 'em coming!

Yes we need a new interview on his health and on the new music. I sure hope he comes to the Balt/Wash area.

ryan4136 02-12-2020 07:19 AM

everything is south or west. my guess is he didn't want to overcommit to start. He's going to see how he holds up, and if all goes well I'd assume a midwest and east leg added probably for July/August

Macfan4life 02-12-2020 07:54 AM

He was probably joking but on his last tour he said that "maybe next time the audience can pick the songs" when people shouted favorites. Now wouldn't that be cool!
I know, its uncomfortable and many performers don't operate like that. But just imagine the possibilities.

He may not see or read it but I tweeted to him to put Loving Cup and Wrong into the set. Wrong would make the perfect opener.

ryan4136 02-12-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1256301)
He was probably joking but on his last tour he said that "maybe next time the audience can pick the songs" when people shouted favorites. Now wouldn't that be cool!
I know, its uncomfortable and many performers don't operate like that. But just imagine the possibilities.

He may not see or read it but I tweeted to him to put Loving Cup and Wrong into the set. Wrong would make the perfect opener.

LB is wwwaaaayyyyy tooooooo much of a control freak to allow that. :laugh:

HomerMcvie 02-12-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1256301)

Country group Alabama used to give every audience member a piece of paper to write a request on. In the middle of the show, they'd stop and pick like 5 requests from the barrel, playing it after reading the person's name and request. I have no idea how they'd remember an album cut from 20 years ago.

Back to Lindsey, I'd like to hear him play every song from Law and Order!

cbBen 02-12-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1256309)
Country group Alabama used to give every audience member a piece of paper to write a request on. In the middle of the show, they'd stop and pick like 5 requests from the barrel, playing it after reading the person's name and request. I have no idea how they'd remember an album cut from 20 years ago.

Back to Lindsey, I'd like to hear him play every song from Law and Order!

Richard Thompson does occasional "all request" shows where everyone submits a request in writing and he draws them from a hat (or box) as the show proceeds. He reserves the right not to do a given request, but tries to accommodate, even if it means singing just one verse if that's all he can remember.

As for Lindsey, on the UTS tour someone requested "Bwana." He said he didn't know it but, after confirming the requester was coming back for the following night's show, said he would learn it and play it the next night – and did.

Villavic 02-12-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1256313)
As for Lindsey, on the UTS tour someone requested "Bwana." He said he didn't know it but, after confirming the requester was coming back for the following night's show, said he would learn it and play it the next night – and did.

I don't get it. He would learn a song he wrote? :confused: Learn or remember?

HomerMcvie 02-12-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256315)

You'd remember it if you hadn't played it in 30 years?

cbBen 02-12-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256315)

Relearn – as he had probably not played it since recording it.

elle 02-12-2020 03:44 PM

Many presales already ongoing and m&g tix going fast from what I saw. If your venue has presale try to get in - good luck!