The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TISL Acetate (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46416)

KarmaContestant 04-06-2011 10:52 AM

TISL Acetate

Does anyone have the TISL acetate that would be willing to upload or mail a CD copy of it? I've got MP3s of the tracks from it that are different - My Heart, Bombay Sapphires, etc... but I'm hoping to add a lossless copy of it to my collection if I might be so lucky.

I know it's rare, and I recall that when it first surfaced only MP3 rips of the alternate tracks were shared, so I'm not expecting any sort of overwhelming response.

If someone is able, and willing, I'd be so very thankful. Please reply here or send me a PM if you prefer.

mikebise 04-06-2011 10:55 AM

Do you have "Every Day"? No one's ever posted that here.

KarmaContestant 04-06-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebise (Post 960140)
Do you have "Every Day"? No one's ever posted that here.

I do. I'll post it tonight (I have an appointment to look at a house after work so it might be closer to 7-ish MDT). I have Bombay Sapphires, Every Day, I Miss You, My Heart, Thrown Down and Touched By An Angel. All are MPs.

jeffd8382 04-06-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 960137)
Does anyone have the TISL acetate that would be willing to upload or mail a CD copy of it? I've got MP3s of the tracks from it that are different - My Heart, Bombay Sapphires, etc... but I'm hoping to add a lossless copy of it to my collection if I might be so lucky.

I know it's rare, and I recall that when it first surfaced only MP3 rips of the alternate tracks were shared, so I'm not expecting any sort of overwhelming response.

If someone is able, and willing, I'd be so very thankful. Please reply here or send me a PM if you prefer.

Yes, that would be incredible! :nod: I have been looking for this for forever, as well... but no one seems to have anything but the MP3s of these tracks. A couple of times, I found FLAC encoded versions mixed in compilations, but when analyzed, you can clearly see they are MP3 sourced.

HejiraNYC 04-06-2011 01:28 PM

Okay... pardon my ignorance...

But can someone enlighten me about the source of the TISL-era recordings that are in circulation:

"Annabel Lee"
"Have No Heart"
"Space Needle"

Plus demos or alt. takes of

"Trouble in Shangri-la" (demo and acoustic)
"Candlebright" (with the expanded intro)
"That Made Me Stronger"
"Not Make Believe"
"Thrown Down" (demos)
"Planets of the Universe" (TISL demos)
"Love Changes"

Were these stolen from Stevie's house? From the record company? I don't think any of these were on the early Greman TISL pressing.

mikebise 04-06-2011 01:47 PM

No, I bought mine on a 2~CD set off eBay in 2001. Not sure if this person was the source, but it's where I first saw and GOT all of these.

Don't forget "Fall From Grace"!

And unedited CROW mix of "Sorcerer"!!!

HejiraNYC 04-06-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebise (Post 960210)
No, I bought mine on a 2~CD set off eBay in 2001. Not sure if this person was the source, but it's where I first saw and GOT all of these.

Don't forget "Fall From Grace"!

And unedited CROW mix of "Sorcerer"!!!

I thought that was the promo only single mix. :shrug:

So in a nutshell, it's not entirely clear how/where these tracks leaked?

KarmaContestant 04-06-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 960211)
I thought that was the promo only single mix. :shrug:

So in a nutshell, it's not entirely clear how/where these tracks leaked?

The promo CD had the Sheryl Crow edit - the 2CD TISL demo comp. has the uncut Shery Crow remix.

All I know is that the collection came from eBay, and that many people seem to have purchased it. I got it from an online download, and it's another one that I wish I had in lossless quality, instead of MP3

gldstwmn 04-06-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 960137)

I'll see if my copy is lossless. Meanwhile I will upload it to mediafire. Give me just a few minutes please. :)

mikebise 04-06-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 960214)
The promo CD had the Sheryl Crow edit - the 2CD TISL demo comp. has the uncut Shery Crow remix.

All I know is that the collection came from eBay, and that many people seem to have purchased it. I got it from an online download, and it's another one that I wish I had in lossless quality, instead of MP3

Mine are the CDs. Would they be lossless?

Me? I'm clueless... :thumbsup:

HejiraNYC 04-06-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebise (Post 960218)
Mine are the CDs. Would they be lossless?

Me? I'm clueless... :thumbsup:

The quick answer is not necessarily. It depends on the source of the recordings burned onto the CD.

As far as I'm concerned, if the mp3s were created at a decent sampling rate, i.e., 192 kbps or above, then it is pretty much "lossless." Only a dog or a spectrum analyzer could detect the difference between that and the lossless original. :rolleyes:

jeffd8382 04-06-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 960226)
The quick answer is not necessarily. It depends on the source of the recordings burned onto the CD.

As far as I'm concerned, if the mp3s were created at a decent sampling rate, i.e., 192 kbps or above, then it is pretty much "lossless." Only a dog or a spectrum analyzer could detect the difference between that and the lossless original. :rolleyes:

Yeah... this is absolutely true. If something is burned from a lossy source onto an audio CD, it remains "lossy". If it is re-ripped into a WAV file, the file size is huge, but the quality remains the same (it's the same audio information that it had available when it was burned). MP3s are great for saving file space and having reasonable to excellent sound quality (depending on the bitrate), but you can never get back the audio information that was lost when it was encoded.

Hejira is right too that it's hard to tell the difference between high quality mp3s and lossless sources. Some audiophiles claim they can hear a difference, but there have actually been tests done where people have failed to actually tell the difference (despite their claims to the contrary). I tend to think it's psychological, but I believe I can hear a difference between a 192kbps file and a 256 or above... but above 256kbps (320kbps in particular), I can't hear a difference. It's probably a bit obsessive on my part, but there is something oddly comforting to me about knowing I have a lossless file, so that I haven't lost any of the audio information from the source.

KarmaContestant 04-06-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 960217)
I'll see if my copy is lossless. Meanwhile I will upload it to mediafire. Give me just a few minutes please. :)

Thank you so much! *crosses fingers*

APerfectLie 04-06-2011 03:25 PM

whoa! A demo for that made me stronger? Could someone post this?? And a sifferent version of Sorcerer? I haven't heard that either!

sorcerer999 04-06-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 960250)
whoa! A demo for that made me stronger? Could someone post this?? And a different version of Sorcerer? I haven't heard that either!

The uncut mix of "Sorcerer" really isn't all that special. It's the exact same version from the album, except the bass is high in the mix and guitars are far back in the mix, which I never liked. Also the ending just keeps going and going and going. It's like they didn't know when to stop.

The only noticable difference to this version is an electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse, which is kind of cool but I can see why they decided not to put it with the final mix, as it really is too much.

gldstwmn 04-06-2011 04:03 PM

TISL Acetate:

Trouble In Shangri La
Candlebright
That Made Me Stronger
Sorcerer
Planets Of The Universe
It's Only Love
Every Day
Bombay Sapphires
Love Changes
Too Far From Texas
I Miss You
Fall From Grace
Thrown Down
My Heart
Touched By An Angel
Love Is

http://www.mediafire.com/?4o2fh6j8gbbr2e1

seekerj 04-06-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 960262)
The uncut mix of "Sorcerer" really isn't all that special. It's the exact same version from the album, except the bass is high in the mix and guitars are far back in the mix, which I never liked. Also the ending just keeps going and going and going. It's like they didn't know when to stop.

The only noticable difference to this version is an electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse, which is kind of cool but I can see why they decided not to put it with the final mix, as it really is too much

On the Sorcerer outtake, really? I'll have to go back and listen; it's been a long time. That description sounds more like the Candlebright outtake.

sorcerer999 04-06-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekerj (Post 960270)
On the Sorcerer outtake, really? I'll have to go back and listen; it's been a long time. That description sounds more like the Candlebright outtake.

The Candlebright outtake ALSO has a sitar-esque part which, again was never used in the final mix.

Christopher 04-06-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekerj (Post 960270)

Yup, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "rough mix" of Candlebright. I should know, I listen to that version quite a bit. I prefer it over the album version. The vocals are much brighter, you can really hear all the nice harmony parts (yes, including Sheryl's) more prominently. And the "noticeable difference" of the electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse that sorcerer999 references, is my favorite part, as well as the additional ad-libbing at the end that was all edited out of the final version. These differences in the mix, add such dark textures and a mysterious air to the song. I dig it.

For additional confusion, this raw & rough mix is sometimes referred to as the "candles & incense" version. Whoever came up with that title nailed it perfectly:nod: It describes what I feel when I play this "rough mix". It sets the mood for me to turn off all the lights, lay on the floor in near darkness, with nothing more that a beeswax candle burning and nag champa filling the air.

sorcerer999 04-06-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 960273)
Yup, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "rough mix" of Candlebright.

No. I'm refering to SORCERER. If you listen to the uncut outtake, you will notice halfway through the first verse, after "wild eyed in my misery", the singing stops for 4 measures and you hear an electric sitar-esque part, which continues into "timeless in your finery" and throughout the rest of the first verse.

It happens again midway through the 2nd verse, except there's no pause between lines.

And yes, as referenced two or three posts up, I did recognize that the outtake for Candlebright also has a sitar part. But my initial post was refering to what was different about the Sorcerer uncut outtake. :)

gldstwmn 04-06-2011 05:08 PM

Tracks 8, 13, 14 & 15 are mpeg, i.e. Bombay Sapphires, Thrown Down, My Heart and Touched By An Angel. The rest of my copy is lossless. :(

DarkUponLight 04-06-2011 06:33 PM

Not sure if it's what you're all looking for, but I have a 2 disc set of TISL demos that I received about a month after TISL was released from one of my trading buddies. It contains the following:

Annabel Lee 5:09
Bombay Sapphires 4:56
Candlebright 5:37
Fall From Grace 5:38
Have No Heart 6:04 (one of my top 5 demos EVER!)
Love Changes 4:56
Love Is 5:06
Not Make Believe 5:14
Planets of the Universe 1 4:54
Planets of the Universe 2 4:34
Sorcerer 6:42
Space Needle 7:48
That Made Me Stronger 5:55
Thrown Down 1 4:45
Thrown Down 2 5:50
Trouble In Shangri-La 4:53

I can upload these if anyone needs them. ;)

greatdarkwing 04-06-2011 06:39 PM

Can someone post the un-edited Sheryl Crow Sorcerer mix?

Thanks!

UndoingTheLaces 04-06-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 960269)
TISL Acetate:

Trouble In Shangri La
Candlebright
That Made Me Stronger
Sorcerer
Planets Of The Universe
It's Only Love
Every Day
Bombay Sapphires
Love Changes
Too Far From Texas
I Miss You
Fall From Grace
Thrown Down
My Heart
Touched By An Angel
Love Is

http://www.mediafire.com/?4o2fh6j8gbbr2e1

OMG OMG OMG. Thank you soooo much!!! :blob1:

Garbo 04-06-2011 08:49 PM

Thank you! I much prefer the acetate version of Everyday w/o the extra vocals in the chorus. Sooooo much better IMO.

KarmaContestant 04-06-2011 09:00 PM

Thank you very much!

APerfectLie 04-06-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkUponLight (Post 960338)
Not sure if it's what you're all looking for, but I have a 2 disc set of TISL demos that I received about a month after TISL was released from one of my trading buddies. It contains the following:

Annabel Lee 5:09
Bombay Sapphires 4:56
Candlebright 5:37
Fall From Grace 5:38
Have No Heart 6:04 (one of my top 5 demos EVER!)
Love Changes 4:56
Love Is 5:06
Not Make Believe 5:14
Planets of the Universe 1 4:54
Planets of the Universe 2 4:34
Sorcerer 6:42
Space Needle 7:48
That Made Me Stronger 5:55
Thrown Down 1 4:45
Thrown Down 2 5:50
Trouble In Shangri-La 4:53

I can upload these if anyone needs them. ;)

Yes please! :)

gldstwmn 04-07-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 960273)
Yup, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "rough mix" of Candlebright. I should know, I listen to that version quite a bit. I prefer it over the album version. The vocals are much brighter, you can really hear all the nice harmony parts (yes, including Sheryl's) more prominently. And the "noticeable difference" of the electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse that sorcerer999 references, is my favorite part, as well as the additional ad-libbing at the end that was all edited out of the final version. These differences in the mix, add such dark textures and a mysterious air to the song. I dig it.

For additional confusion, this raw & rough mix is sometimes referred to as the "candles & incense" version. Whoever came up with that title nailed it perfectly:nod: It describes what I feel when I play this "rough mix". It sets the mood for me to turn off all the lights, lay on the floor in near darkness, with nothing more that a beeswax candle burning and nag champa filling the air.

It's the version I always listen to before I get on a plane. :nod:

gldstwmn 04-07-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbo (Post 960404)
Thank you! I much prefer the acetate version of Everyday w/o the extra vocals in the chorus. Sooooo much better IMO.

Me too. There are actually a whole bunch of little, subtle differences throughout the whole disc.

KarmaContestant 04-07-2011 11:37 AM

Here's the full acetate, lossless. A surprise gift from someone who would prefer to remain a mystery. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqb9mk70f6pe5

Quote:

TISL acetate, ripped @ 1411kb/s into WAV files. Each of the 16 tracks are uploaded individually in case anyone wants to pick & choose.

Christopher 04-07-2011 12:08 PM

Thanks Karma!^^^^

Christopher 04-07-2011 12:19 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with downloading? I'm having trouble after track 6 beginning with Everyday. Maybe the server is down or overloaded?

KarmaContestant 04-07-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 960681)
Is anyone else having trouble with downloading? I'm having trouble after track 6 beginning with Everyday. Maybe the server is down or overloaded?

I haven't tried yet since I'm at work. I'll let you know if I get them all ok. Mediafire is tempermental at times.

Christopher 04-07-2011 12:30 PM

Got em' all, Mediafire was just being temperamental. Thanks again. I had some of these in lossless format but not all. I need to organize my files desperately.:nod:

Hippocampus 04-07-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 960646)
Here's the full acetate, lossless. A surprise gift from someone who would prefer to remain a mystery. :)

Thank you so much for these Mr/Mrs/Ms Anonymous and Karma for the thread. The TISL acetate appeared after I ended my trading career and I've always regretted not having a copy. This is sooo good. :)

Annabell Lee 04-07-2011 02:22 PM

Yes, thank you sooo much ! :xoxo:

TheWILDheart 04-07-2011 03:07 PM

Thank you so much for posting this!!
Does anyone have this in MP3?

jeffd8382 04-07-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 960646)

:blob1:

WOW! Thank you so much, Mathew... as always, you are AWESOME! And a million thanks to the mysterious source...whoever you are!!! :thumbsup:

:woohoo:

mikebise 04-07-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatdarkwing (Post 960344)
Can someone post the un-edited Sheryl Crow Sorcerer mix?

Thanks!

Here you go~

http://www.mediafire.com/?ihsaho0y3ex6ju8

mikebise 04-07-2011 06:58 PM

I meant to thank Chris and Mathew (and the Ghost friend) for posting the acetates. This "Every Day" is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!