The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rumours of Lindsey leaving the band? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57756)

Moz 04-04-2018 05:22 PM

Rumours of Lindsey leaving the band?

https://www.facebook.com/billyburnet...37763062920055

From Billy Burnette's Facebook page:

"Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out!
New line up to be announced soon and I'm not in it????? A little pissed off but I'll get over it. Good luck FLEETWOOD MAC
It's all in the book www.billyburnette.net/store"

Some people are saying it's true and that Mike Campbell could replace Lindsey in the band (I did see a comment about this on Instagram last week, but I didn't believe it); others are saying it's just a reference to 1987 and he's trying to drum up interest in his new book.

What does everyone think about this?

Fannymac 04-04-2018 05:50 PM

The fact that Billboard hasn't jumped on this leads me to question it!

WildHeart69 04-04-2018 05:55 PM

I came back here wondering the same thing, I’m skeptical for now.

Macfan4life 04-04-2018 06:00 PM

If its not true, you can imagine the backlash against Billy.
I was thinking April fool but it was posted today. I know Billy tells tales but to announce this is pretty crazy so I am a bit concerned.

SpyNote 04-04-2018 06:10 PM

That would be totally crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised either. The drama in this band never ends. I wonder how it will all play out.

Morgana 04-04-2018 06:15 PM

Rumours loves Rumours! And that makes for the "world turning!" I dunno......can't envision Lindsey leaving but it doesn't surprise me.

button-lip 04-04-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgana (Post 1221440)
Rumours loves Rumours! And that makes for the "world turning!" I dunno......can't envision Lindsey leaving but it doesn't surprise me.

Who says Lindsey’s leaving, if it turns out this is true? :confused:

Lola 04-04-2018 07:06 PM

Maybe this is a way for people to check out his book, like that's what he was thinking way back when he first heard about LB leaving /before he was contacted about joining the band. His post has a link to the book....

I don't do Facebook but this is weird: I was able to see his post just a few minutes ago on my android phone and MacBook. Now I can't see his post on either-says I have to log in. Was it blocked or taken down?

Morgana 04-04-2018 07:13 PM

Lola according to multiple FB groups it was deleted. Ahhh...HA! A book is involved? Hmmm....well that explains a lot! Rumours is all this is.

elle 04-04-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgana (Post 1221440)

i can't either. maybe they ousted him? like if they didn't want to work around his solo needs? :shrug: :distress:

Macfan4life 04-04-2018 07:22 PM

Was he drunk? I cant believe he would do such a thing.
I kept looking for LB trending on any yahoo or google reports.

Lola 04-04-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgana (Post 1221444)
Lola according to multiple FB groups it was deleted. Ahhh...HA! A book is involved? Hmmm....well that explains a lot! Rumours is all this is.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

button-lip 04-04-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1221446)
Was he drunk? I cant believe he would do such a thing.
I kept looking for LB trending on any yahoo or google reports.

Lindsey trending on Yahoo or Google?! That would be a first for him! :D

Macfan4life 04-04-2018 07:47 PM

Billy's entire twitter page is down
Perhaps he was hacked?

elle 04-04-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1221448)
Lindsey trending on Yahoo or Google?! That would be a first for him! :D

second. he trended when he was on SNL's What Up With That.

if true, wonder what the spin will be?

vivfox 04-04-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1221449)
Billy's entire twitter page is down
Perhaps he was hacked?

This is probably the most likely scenario. But one has to wonder why there is no FM rehearsals going on right now.

mitzo 04-04-2018 08:06 PM

So now I feel disappointed.

iamnotafraid 04-04-2018 08:36 PM

My wish...

If only it were true. I'd actually have much more
respect for him as an artist. That fair-haired lady
would be enough for me to quit.

Too much $$$ for any of them to walk away now.

Angel75 04-04-2018 09:12 PM

But wasn't there rumours of Lindsey leaving about a month ago on FB that wasn't related to Billy and his book?

I hope this is not true, I'd be so sad if he left ... It would be the ultimate if the fireflies of FM could stay together til death do us part

tango87 04-05-2018 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 1221435)
https://www.facebook.com/billyburnet...37763062920055

From Billy Burnette's Facebook page:

"Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out!
New line up to be announced soon and I'm not in it????? A little pissed off but I'll get over it. Good luck FLEETWOOD MAC
It's all in the book www.billyburnette.net/store"

Some people are saying it's true and that Mike Campbell could replace Lindsey in the band (I did see a comment about this on Instagram last week, but I didn't believe it); others are saying it's just a reference to 1987 and he's trying to drum up interest in his new book.

What does everyone think about this?

This sounds to me like Mr Burnette trying to drum up a bit of interest in his book. I think the most likely scenario is that it refers to 1987, and Billy's feelings at the time. Has anyone here read his book and could look it up?

BigAl84 04-05-2018 10:00 AM

His twitter account is back up and the post is still there...

BigAl84 04-05-2018 10:07 AM

I sent a message to him on instagram asking to clarify. Doubtful I will get a response, If I do I will let folks know.

aleuzzi 04-05-2018 01:24 PM

I'd be shocked if it were true. There's nothing to gain and everything to lose if he does.

He, like the rest of them, welcomes the money. And it finances his solo work.

Also, it would be ironic, considering he gave Christine an ultimatum ("you can't leave again") before returning.

jbrownsjr 04-05-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1221463)
I'd be shocked if it were true. There's nothing to gain and everything to lose if he does.

He, like the rest of them, welcomes the money. And it finances his solo work.

Also, it would be ironic, considering he gave Christine an ultimatum ("you can't leave again") before returning.

You're assuming he would have quit.

elle 04-05-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1221464)

It’s interesting to see how people are not reading carefully and jumping to conclusions. Even the thread title is in that vein.

“Lindsey is out” does not automatically mean he left.

After writing what are basically love songs to FM like On with The Show -
As long as I stand I will take your hand
I will stand with my band
Stand with my band

And all his intros at BuckVie shows and his MusiCares speech about the love he feels in the band how can anyone think he would quit?

If this is true, there has to be something else that happened. Of course we will probably never know considering how they spin around and negate statements they gave in tons of interviews (“BuckVie was NEVER supposed to be a FM album” immediately comes to mind).

Moz 04-05-2018 02:24 PM

I didn't hear any rumours that he got the boot or was asked to leave, only that he left on his own accord. It's hard to piece things together when everyone's being so vague about what they've heard.

BigAl84 04-05-2018 02:59 PM

Update - Billy must of saw my message because he asked to follow me on instagram, but did not reply to my message.

elle 04-05-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 1221466)
I didn't hear any rumours that he got the boot or was asked to leave, only that he left on his own accord. It's hard to piece things together when everyone's being so vague about what they've heard.

Can you point me to rumors that he left on his own accord?

Only ones I’ve seen are fans reading statements like Billy’s “Lindsey is out” and interpreting it as he left. And that’s just the same rumor being amplified from fan to fan.

Billy’s statement is definitely not very clear about him either leaving or being ousted.

bombaysaffires 04-05-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1221468)

Only ones I’ve seen are fans reading statements like Billy’s “Lindsey is out” and interpreting it as he left. And that’s just the same rumor being amplified from fan to fan.

Billy’s statement is definitely not very clear about him either leaving or being ousted.

I'm skeptical.... maybe it was a marketing tactic for april fool's that backfired??

Moz 04-05-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1221468)

They were speculative comments on Facebook from fans; "rumours" was the wrong word to use.

Now that I look back at some of the comments from yesterday, quite a few echo Billy's original post by saying he's "out," which, to me, sounds worse than simply saying that he "left." But maybe I'm overthinking it. :lol:

It wasn't until a few hours ago when I saw comments (once again, fan speculation) that he may have been kicked out. I don't know if those comments are based on an actual rumour or if they're just conjecture.

gldstwmn 04-05-2018 08:03 PM

Twitter is an apoplectic, hilarious **** show with this right now with everyone from Sara Fleetwood throwing shade at Karen to people hating on Mike Campbell's hair to people saying Mike and Stevie deserve better fans. :laugh:
I did see an Instagram post from Mick a few days ago with a picture of Christine and him saying "Make new friends, but keep the old; those are silver, these are gold." Curious. :shrug::shrug:

24karatstevie 04-05-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1221471)
Twitter is an apoplectic, hilarious **** show with this right now with everyone from Sara Fleetwood throwing shade at Karen to people hating on Mike Campbell's hair to people saying Mike and Stevie deserve better fans. :laugh:
I did see an Instagram post from Mick a few days ago with a picture of Christine and him saying "Make new friends, but keep the old; those are silver, these are gold." Curious. :shrug::shrug:

I'm pretty sure that Sara Fleetwood account is not actually her, just a fan pretending to be her. But yes I agree. It's wild on there right now. Everyone blaming each other, and we still don't have an official announcement. I've read a lot from people who claim to have this info and honestly some of it does make sense. However, no one is giving away their sources, so until the band comes forward I guess we won't know for sure.

amycondit 04-05-2018 08:46 PM

nervous about Lindsey rumors

Hi all,

What a strange world we live in! I first heard about in an email from Twitter today suggesting I check out my "highlights" from people I follow. The phrase "Lindsey Buckingham got the axe" caught my attention!:eek:

I wonder how to verify the news on Twitter? Who are the sources of the info? None of the people seem even remotely close to the band. "Murrow Must be Turning Over in His Grave" to paraphrase a certain song!

I couldn't imagine Lindsey choosing to leave at this point in his career with FM. As Elle said, he has literally written a love song to FM and spoke highly of them at Classic West, all the Buck/Mcvie shows, and Music Cares. It seemed that he has come to a sense of peace about the financial rewards of being in FM and the multi-generational appeal and appreciation of the music.

I can't imagine Lindsey getting "fired"/asked to leave. What would he have had to have done this time to warrant that? If he didn't get fired in 1987 after the infamous physical altercation, I can't imagine what he would have done now for that to occur. If Lindsey's solo work held up the band's 2018 touring plans, it would not be the first time that a band member's solo plans interfered with the full band's touring schedule. When Stevie extended "In Your Dreams" and opted not to record with them recently, she certainly was not outsted. So, on the surface this does not make sense.

There would have to be some kind of wild behind the scenes story now, but their current lives don't seem to be fueled by drugs and erratic behavior.

It's a "Mystery to Me'". I hope everyone doesn't mind my silly song titles in this post which has me truly worried.

What with the lack of news about the Sirius, LB's solo album/tour, and FM tour, all the radio silence since February has made me nervous. I feel lucky and blessed that in 2017 I was able to go to Classic West, see Buckingham/McVie at the Greek Theater and in Minneapolis, manage to get a ticket to see their panel at the Grammy Museum, and see Stevie at the MN State Fair. With an embarrassment of riches like that, it would be sad if it were to end by an unpleasant circumstance. It seems that although they have their tensions, they have managed to override all that in order to carry on in recent years.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see---which is no fun. Of course, I turned to this forum right away as this is where all the people who are in the know reside!

Best to everyone here (Hi Elle!),
Amy

Iamwilliame 04-05-2018 09:14 PM

Jeez!!!! It's too much stress being a Fleetwood Mac fan. I have no interest in living through any more of their drama or seeing yet another lineup at this point, They are senior citizens for God's sake!!! BREAK UP and give us all some peace!!! And if Fleetwood Mac (including Stevie) ends up recording an actual album with someone else, I'm done for good.

Speaking of Mike Campbell, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Stevie record an album and/or tour with the Heartbreakers in the next few years. Mark my word!! It will happen!!!

jbrownsjr 04-05-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamwilliame (Post 1221474)
Jeez!!!! It's too much stress being a Fleetwood Mac fan. I have no interest in living through any more of their drama or seeing yet another lineup at this point, They are senior citizens for God's sake!!! BREAK UP and give us all some peace!!! And if Fleetwood Mac (including Stevie) ends up recording an actual album with someone else, I'm done for good.

Speaking of Mike Campbell, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Stevie record an album and/or tour with the Heartbreakers in the next few years. Mark my word!! It will happen!!!

And there it is. Stevie honestly can't stand Lindsey Buckingham. A lot of people want to live in a fantasy world where SN/LB are still in love.. But, she does not want anything to do with him. Yes, they were a couple IN 1973!!! wE GET IT.

Wake up people.

iamnotafraid 04-05-2018 10:54 PM

?

Maybe he's out because Stevie's using
the #metoo against him.

This smells like fake news.

secondhandchain 04-05-2018 11:25 PM

I don't believe this for a second.

aleuzzi 04-06-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1221464)

I'm assuming he would NOT have quit. But maybe you're suggesting he was fired? I doubt that, too.

AncientQueen 04-06-2018 01:59 AM

Mh, this whole thread is rescued from 1987, isn't it?

vivfox 04-06-2018 08:07 AM

From what I hear it is all true. Supposedly they are actively looking for a replacement for him. Oy vey.

I hope that Lindsey releases an album and spends this year touring for it. That is what he really wanted to do. The rest of the group should allow him to do that and take the year off themselves. I don't want FM to continue without Lindsey again. I'm sure by the beginning of next year when all is said and done that LB would be more than willing to regroup with the Mac and head out for a long tour.