The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Latest Info...... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45047)

cincymike 11-02-2010 10:36 PM

Latest Info......

Here's the latest.....release date tentatively scheduled for 5/11. No
confirmed title as of yet and currently in Mastering phase. As everyone appears to know, Fleetwood Mac touring 7/11.

Lindsfan 11-02-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincymike (Post 918723)
Here's the latest.....release date tentatively scheduled for 5/11. No
confirmed title as of yet and currently in Mastering phase. As everyone appears to know, Fleetwood Mac touring 7/11.

:shocked: Everyone but me I guess! Where did you hear FM in July 2011 from? And May 2011 for Lindsey's?? :confused: I'm not questioning you, but I really hadn't heard either of those dates specifically ( only generalizations about some time in 2011 ) and I'd love to have more facts...

louielouie2000 11-03-2010 02:08 AM

I seriously had a nauseous feeling when I read Fleetwood Mac was going to be touring in July. :( WHY can't Lindsey tour behind this new release? Doesn't give Stevie a chance to tour in the summer behind hers, either. WHY are getting yet another Mac cash grab?!? WHY can't they record a new album THEN tour?!? Ugh... being a Mac fan for decades is so depressing and enraging. :distress:

mylittledemon 11-03-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 918749)
Ugh... being a Mac fan for decades is so depressing and enraging. :distress:

Now you know how ChiliD feels. :laugh:

Peestie 11-03-2010 06:23 AM

Isn't 11th May 2011 a Wednesday? I thought albums came out on Tuesdays in the USA.

I'm a bit bummed that the Mac are jumping back into another tour with nothing new to support. It'd be good if they played several songs off Lindsey and Stevie's solo albums but I can't help but think that both artists would be better off touring solo in support of their albums before going back to the Mac.

CADreaming 11-03-2010 07:02 AM

This is why I am not convinced what LB is working on is a solo project.

Peestie 11-03-2010 07:36 AM

I could have seen it being folded into a Mac album but Stevie seems to be doing her solo stuff and I don't see her wanting that get folded into a Mac album. If they were working on a Mac album I think we'd have heard something because I'm sure Lindsey would have been doing some work with Dave as well for Stevie's things. If what we get is Lindsey's song, written and recorded by Lindsey alone, plus Stevie's songs, written and produced with Dave Stewart and little to no Lindsey involvement, then we really would have two solo albums bolted together. I don't see that happening. I think we'll just get both albums and they'll both use the Mac tour to support their albums.

MissLadyLoki 11-03-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 918763)
This is why I am not convinced what LB is working on is a solo project.

It's a longshot, but his "solo project" and Nicksy's "album with Dave Stewart" could be, for all we know, elaborate covers for a new FM album. Besides, stranger things have happened in the past ;)

holidayroad 11-03-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 918766)
It's a longshot, but his "solo project" and Nicksy's "album with Dave Stewart" could be, for all we know, elaborate covers for a new FM album. Besides, stranger things have happened in the past ;)

I can dream..........:laugh::D

holidayroad 11-03-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Ugh... being a Mac fan for decades is so depressing and enraging. :distress:

I completely understand your pain!!! I wonder if the members of Fleetwood Mac ever think about how many fans they've lost over all the years by putting off new albums, delaying releases (solo and band), and essentially jerking us around...........:( (we need a crying smilie)

TerraRhiannon 11-03-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

I seriously had a nauseous feeling when I read Fleetwood Mac was going to be touring in July. :( WHY can't Lindsey tour behind this new release? Doesn't give Stevie a chance to tour in the summer behind hers, either. WHY are getting yet another Mac cash grab?!? WHY can't they record a new album THEN tour?!? Ugh... being a Mac fan for decades is so depressing and enraging. :distress:

I can totally see your distress. It would be depressing. As a fan since I was 5 in 1997, (yes I'm a spring chicken :D), I have to say that I would be thrilled to see them perform ANYTHING at all with their name on it. If they tour without a new album and come close to here so I can go, I will be beyond thrilled. New stuff or not, I haven't seen them perform anything:eek: before so it would be a real treat for me =)

I would bawl my eyes out after watching them perform all the classics I have obsessed over for a decade. Have you guys all seen them 500 times?

MissLadyLoki 11-03-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 918785)
I can totally see your distress. It would be depressing. As a fan since I was 5 in 1997, (yes I'm a spring chicken :D), I have to say that I would be thrilled to see them perform ANYTHING at all with their name on it. If they tour without a new album and come close to here so I can go, I will be beyond thrilled. New stuff or not, I haven't seen them perform anything:eek: before so it would be a real treat for me =)

I would bawl my eyes out after watching them perform all the classics I have obsessed over for a decade. Have you guys all seen them 500 times?

Me, I only saw 'em once, last year at MSG. Then again, I'm only 20 and haven't seen 'em a zillion times like others have, so my view is different.

As for me, I know and love the classics, but I'd love to see some formerly performed songs (Sisters of the Moon) or never before performed songs (Tango in the Night) played sometimes.

CADreaming 11-03-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 918765)
I could have seen it being folded into a Mac album but Stevie seems to be doing her solo stuff and I don't see her wanting that get folded into a Mac album. If they were working on a Mac album I think we'd have heard something because I'm sure Lindsey would have been doing some work with Dave as well for Stevie's things. If what we get is Lindsey's song, written and recorded by Lindsey alone, plus Stevie's songs, written and produced with Dave Stewart and little to no Lindsey involvement, then we really would have two solo albums bolted together. I don't see that happening. I think we'll just get both albums and they'll both use the Mac tour to support their albums.

Really cannot see them using a FM tour to promote solo work. Stevie is supposedly touring with DS.

It's all jacked up - or I should say Mac'd up...

TrueFaith77 11-03-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 918790)
Really cannot see them using a FM tour to promote solo work. Stevie is supposedly touring with DS.

It's all jacked up - or I should say Mac'd up...

So u think they're not touring? I'm confused as to where this July date came from.

CADreaming 11-03-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 918801)
So u think they're not touring? I'm confused as to where this July date came from.

I don't know were the date came from either...insider info?

I think they will tour in 2011 based on management comments and LB specified a 10 month time frame for "anti-Mac" projects. So, I suspect a late in year start to continue into 2012, and a new Mac release within that period.