The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wish list for the upcoming tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57794)

bwboy 04-16-2018 04:03 PM

Wish list for the upcoming tour

We need a separate thread for this topic. What do you want to see Christine perform live? And Stevie? And Mike Campbell and Neil Finn? I know it's early but it will be neat to compare this thread with what FM actually plays.

Christine:
As Long as You Follow
Save Me
Brown Eyes
You Make Loving Fun
Think About Me
Wish You Were Here
Isn't It Midnight
Little Lies

Stevie:
Landslide
Stand Back (only because FM needs a high energy replacement for Go Your Own Way)
That's Alright
Straight Back
Sara
Freedom

Neil:
Crystal
Sentimental Lady
I Don't Want to Know w/Stevie
Hold Me w/Christine
Man of the World
Don't Dream It's Over
Hypnotized

Mike:
Black Magic Woman
Albatross

Japhry 04-17-2018 09:12 AM

Everyone:

The Chain

Christine:

Brown Eyes
You Make Loving Fun
Songbird
Over and Over
Love in Store
Little Lies
Skies The Limit
Say You Love Me

Stevie:

Running Through the Garden
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Beautiful Child
Rhiannon
Dreams
Stand Back

Neil:

Hypnotized
Man of the World
Oh Well
Sentimental Lady (heavy on Christine background vocals)
Don't Dream it's over (as duet with Stevie)
Blue Letter

Mike:

The Green Manlishi
Black Magic Woman
Albatross
Caroline

HoursAndHours 04-17-2018 05:37 PM

Green Manalishi
Bright Fire
Mission Bell
Station Man
Hypnotized
Oh Well
Albatross
Sands Of Time
Black Magic Woman
Cold Black Night
Love That Burns
I Loved Another Woman
Sentimental Lady
Bad Romance
Jewel-Eyed Judy
Woman of 1000 Years
Emerald Eyes
Born Enchanter

:thumbsup:

gldstwmn 04-19-2018 12:06 PM

Free Fallin'...

AncientQueen 04-19-2018 06:07 PM

Please understand that I'm not writing about your postings (as I love this ideas), but this thread is just pathethic. This is my first visit to the Post-Rumours thread and it makes me realize again, how incredible stupid this all is.

BombaySapphire3 04-19-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1223786)
Please understand that I'm not writing about your postings (as I love this ideas), but this thread is just pathethic. This is my first visit to the Post-Rumours thread and it makes me realize again, how incredible stupid this all is.

In some countries like Ireland funerals are celebrated with song and dance.It is called a "wake"

mitzo 04-20-2018 08:26 PM

No Lindsey songs. At all.

bwboy 04-20-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1223903)
No Lindsey songs. At all.

I think we're all ok with that. He's not in the group anymore, and the band has more than enough material to choose from. And I think Don't Dream It's Over will sound incredible as performed by Fleetwood Mac. I see no one on this thread so far has even suggested a Lindsey song.

editme2 04-20-2018 08:39 PM

I'm not particularly excited about this tour, but I'll go and be perfectly happy if they have a setlist similar to this:

Say You Love Me
The Chain
Everywhere
Gypsy
Hold Me
Hypnotized
Rhiannon
You Make Loving Fun
Seven Wonders
Sentimental Lady
Why
Sara
Little Lies
A Tom Petty Song
A Crowded House Song
Angel
As Long As You Follow
Crystal
Landslide
Go Your Own Way
Gold Dust Woman
World Turning
Silver Springs
Songbird

Dragon 04-20-2018 10:27 PM

Fleetwood Mac standards
  • "The Chain"
  • "Don't Stop"
  • "Dreams"
  • "Everywhere"
  • "Go Your Own Way"
  • "Gold Dust Woman"
  • "Gypsy"
  • "Landslide"
  • "Little Lies"
  • "Rhiannon"
  • "Sara"
  • "Say You Love Me"
  • "Silver Springs"
  • "Songbird"
  • "Stand Back"
  • "World Turning"
  • "You Make Loving Fun"
Covers
  • "Don't Dream It's Over" (Crowded House)
  • "I Need to Know" (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
Deep tracks
  • "Freedom"
  • "Love Shines"
  • "Save Me"

bwboy 04-23-2018 12:40 PM

Dragon, your list is probably the most realistic one I've seen so far. I love the idea of FM performing Don't Dream It's Over, btw. I would just be in Heaven if they also performed As Long As You Follow.

Feather Blade 04-23-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1224148)
Dragon, your list is probably the most realistic one I've seen so far. I love the idea of FM performing Don't Dream It's Over, btw. I would just be in Heaven if they also performed As Long As You Follow.

I LOVE As Long As You Follow! That would be so great to see...

FuzzyPlum 04-23-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1223910)
Fleetwood Mac standards
  • "The Chain"
  • "Don't Stop"
  • "Dreams"
  • "Everywhere"
  • "Go Your Own Way"
  • "Gold Dust Woman"
  • "Gypsy"
  • "Landslide"
  • "Little Lies"
  • "Rhiannon"
  • "Sara"
  • "Say You Love Me"
  • "Silver Springs"
  • "Songbird"
  • "Stand Back"
  • "World Turning"
  • "You Make Loving Fun"
Covers
  • "Don't Dream It's Over" (Crowded House)
  • "I Need to Know" (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
Deep tracks
  • "Freedom"
  • "Love Shines"
  • "Save Me"

Substitute Silver Springs for Sisters of the Moon, Don't Dream Its Over for Weather With You and sub Black Magic Woman, Oh Well and Rattlesnake Shake for the last 3 and I think you might have your setlist.

secondhandchain 04-23-2018 02:36 PM

My wish list?

That the houses are about 1/3 full
That Mick goes back into bankruptcy because of it.
That Stevie trips over her tambourine.

FuzzyPlum 04-23-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1224155)
My wish list?

:blob2::blob1::blob2::blob1::blob2::blob1::blob2::blob1::blob2::blob1:

McLamb 04-27-2018 09:40 AM

My favourite part of this forum is the "wish setlists". If it was up to me, the list would look like this:

Albatross
Station Man
Straight Back
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Crystal
Remember Me
Angel
(from Tusk)
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Emerald Eyes
Over & Over
Say You Will
Carnival Begin
Sunny Side Of Heaven
Sugar Daddy
Affairs Of The Heart
The Smile I Live For
Sable On Blond
Honey Hi
That's Alright
Behind The Mask
Seven Wonders
Hold Me

Encore:
I Don't Want To Know
Why

pryderi 04-28-2018 02:56 PM

I do hope that Angel is included. To this day still remains my favorite. She approached this on such a different level that it sounds nothing like anything else she has written. If I was ever on the fence about going or not, this would cement the decision.

bombaysaffires 04-28-2018 03:04 PM

Stevie and Mike said in the RS recording that they think they will do Stop Draggin. The rest of the band seemed to go along. They're also saying they'll probably do World Turning, which Neil and Chris have already rehearsed. And Stevie insists they WILL do "Don't Dream It's Over" and Chris seemed to go along as well

ETA: They say Oh Well is definitely back in. GDW is in.

jwd 04-28-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1225409)
Stevie and Mike said in the RS recording that they think they will do Stop Draggin. The rest of the band seemed to go along. They're also saying they'll probably do World Turning, which Neil and Chris have already rehearsed. And Stevie insists they WILL do "Don't Dream It's Over" and Chris seemed to go along as well

ETA: They say Oh Well is definitely back in. GDW is in.

Hope they cut it in half, eliminating the ridiculous crack head dance.

HoursAndHours 04-29-2018 08:01 AM

I like the long version, but I think it would be fun if they medleyed it with Black Magic Woman. I don't expect this to happen, but it would be fun to see them try something new.

Cutting it short in favor of a long '75 style Hypnotized, or adding Green Manalishi would be welcome, too.

MaryLiz2 04-29-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1225456)
Hope they cut it in half, eliminating the ridiculous crack head dance.

Please! I love Stevie, but yeah...please no more of the dance.

I like the suggestion above of putting it with Black Magic Woman.

Or just cut it in half with no dance. ;)

bwboy 04-29-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1225482)
I like the long version, but I think it would be fun if they medleyed it with Black Magic Woman. I don't expect this to happen, but it would be fun to see them try something new.

You mean a mash up version called Black Magic Gold Dust Woman?:lol:

HoursAndHours 04-29-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1225607)

Black Gold Magic Dust Woman? :thumbsup:

sue 04-30-2018 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 (Post 1225587)
Please! I love Stevie, but yeah...please no more of the dance.

I like the suggestion above of putting it with Black Magic Woman.

Or just cut it in half with no dance. ;)

Amen...no more crap dancing.
Reminds me of your Mom dancing at someone’s wedding...
When she’s had a sherry...or two!!!

bwboy 05-06-2018 09:31 AM

Since Neil and Mike performed Man of the World at Neil's LA show, it looks like that song will definitely be on the set list for the upcoming FM tour! I'm thrilled because I absolutely love that song and never thought I would get to hear FM sing it live.

StevieandChris 05-08-2018 06:49 PM

From Stevie, I want to hear Straight Back and Angel. Don't think it will happen, but it would be hilarious if she did something completely off the wall, like Welcome to the Room Sara.

From Christine, I want to hear As Long as You Follow, Over and Over, Only Over You, and Carnival Begin.

Missy 05-09-2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1225607)

Hahaha, why not? :thumbsup: I've been thinking about the 'synergy' of that song with Stevie's persona.

I'm not going to do a comprehensive list. There are some songs that have to be included. (Gonna miss 'Tusk' and 'I'm So Afraid'. Don't know if they'll be game to do 'Go Your Own Way'...)

Stevie is my favourite member of the group, but I think I'd rather have Christine on 'Don't Dream It's Over', as a more mellow vocal. It also has a nice organ part. (If they get to Australia/NZ, I'd also like to hear 'Better Be Home Soon' which has its own organ interlude and everyone likes singing along to...)

And I hope that Stevie is not gonna chatter too much about herself during the show. Neil has a 'conversational' style at his concerts too, but I don't think he rehearses speeches. He has a quick wit and sense of humour that would probably mesh well with Mick and Christine, who like to joke around a bit. Stevie might also lighten up.

Station Man, Albatross, Man Of The World, Black Magic Woman, etc. I guess Stevie will do 'Stop Dragging My Heart Around' with Neil. They all seem interested in going back to that earlier material.

ryan4136 05-10-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1227232)
Station Man, Albatross, Man Of The World, Black Magic Woman, etc. I guess Stevie will do 'Stop Dragging My Heart Around' with Neil. They all seem interested in going back to that earlier material.

They have to. They have to fill the LB void and they aren't going to do that win new material, so what else can they do.

Missy 05-10-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1227394)
They have to. They have to fill the LB void and they aren't going to do that win new material, so what else can they do.

They were already talking about putting these songs back in the set last year, before things apparently got bad with LB.

Mick, John and Christine are all early to mid 70s in age. As I've mentioned elsewhere, blues is a genre that musicians can keep doing through their 80s. They're still going to have the usual material, but in future I think more blues style music will be included. I think it would be wise.

I hope that this wasn't also part of the reason why there was a disagreement with Lindsey. Them wanting more of this stuff back in the regular set list. Perhaps he finds the shadow of Peter Green's legacy intimidating. It's a shame if he's that insecure and it's cost him a place in the group because he doesn't have to be. He himself is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

But this is not the topic at hand so...

StevieandChris 05-10-2018 09:37 AM

Though it is sacrilegious, I hope Christine retires You Make Loving Fun. :( it sounded DREADFUL on the BuckVie tour. :(

SteveMacD 05-10-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1227401)
Though it is sacrilegious, I hope Christine retires You Make Loving Fun. :( it sounded DREADFUL on the BuckVie tour. :(

She needs to take a page out of Stevie’s book and not go for that high note, modify the melody to better fit her voice.

SteveMacD 05-10-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1227396)
I hope that this wasn't also part of the reason why there was a disagreement with Lindsey. Them wanting more of this stuff back in the regular set list. Perhaps he finds the shadow of Peter Green's legacy intimidating. It's a shame if he's that insecure and it's cost him a place in the group because he doesn't have to be. He himself is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

It probably was one of several factors that led to the split. Even though it was Stevie’s suggestion, Mick spent last year promoting his coffee table book about the Early Years, so it was probably lingering in the back of his mind anyway.

annabellee 05-10-2018 06:48 PM

I gambled on tickets hoping for Angel (Tusk). Any other surprise is welcomed.

bwboy 05-10-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1227478)
I gambled on tickets hoping for Angel (Tusk). Any other surprise is welcomed.

I think there's a good chance they will perform Angel, hopefully in place of Sisters of the Moon.

StevieandChris 05-10-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1224155)
My wish list?

Lucky for the rest of us, these things are not likely.

ryan4136 05-11-2018 10:34 AM

I could see a setlist that looks like this.

1. Dreams
2. Say You Love Me
3. Gypsy
4. Oh well
5. Albatross
6. Angel
7. Everywhere
8. The Chain
9. I need to Know
10. Little Lies
11. Stop Draggin My Heart Around
12. Station Man
13. Don't Dream It's Over
14. Landslide
15. Black Magic Woman
16. World Turning
17. Silver Springs
18. You Make Loving Fun
19. Stand Back

Encore
20. Why
21. Gold Dust Woman
22. Don't Stop

FuzzyPlum 05-11-2018 10:48 AM

I see Neil Finn tweeted a bit yesterday. He's a very active Twitter user but went for several weeks without tweeting anything recently which seems to be a very long time for him.
Anyway somebody asked him 'Man of The World or Hypnotized'. He responded with 'We've tried both'

Macfan4life 05-11-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1227523)
I see Neil Finn tweeted a bit yesterday. He's a very active Twitter user but went for several weeks without tweeting anything recently which seems to be a very long time for him.
Anyway somebody asked him 'Man of The World or Hypnotized'. He responded with 'We've tried both'

Being they were "tried" I suspect they wont make the cut.
Man of the world just would not go over in a large arena with Stevie off the stage. It would be a mistake.
No way no how Hypnotized. I will sue. The band ignores the Bob Welch era and after what they did to him, it would be impossible for the band to do one of their songs. Bob would spin in his grave and come marching to the concert to put a stop to it.

bwboy 05-11-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1227530)
Man of the world just would not go over in a large arena with Stevie off the stage. It would be a mistake.
No way no how Hypnotized. I will sue. The band ignores the Bob Welch era and after what they did to him, it would be impossible for the band to do one of their songs. Bob would spin in his grave and come marching to the concert to put a stop to it.

Since Neil and Mike already performed Man of the World live once at Neil's LA concert 2 weeks ago, I'd say there's a good chance FM will perform it, too.

As for your thoughts on how Bob Welch would react, I also disagree. I think Bob would actually be happy that FM would perform his songs live again, introducing his songs to a whole new audience who may never have otherwise been exposed to him before. To perform a song or two by Welch would help keep his legacy continue, something I'd like to think Bob or his family would be happy about.

SteveMacD 05-11-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1227530)

Probably, but it also means they’re not off the table.

Quote:

I could see it somewhere in the acoustic/kettle drum part of the set.

Quote:

I would have agreed not all that long ago, but Mick did just spend last summer promoting his coffee table book about the Early Years, so I think there’s more of an openness now.

One thing I wonder is if they’re going to maybe learn a lot of songs and change up the setlists every night. Long shot, but I wonder how much influence Mike Campbell will have.