The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   If anyone is going to a Meet and Greet with Mick... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58188)

bwboy 10-10-2018 07:05 PM

If anyone is going to a Meet and Greet with Mick...

...could you do me a favor? Ask him 2 things:

1) Could they consider adding As Long As You Follow to the set list? Remind him it's a very well-known song because it's on both of their greatest hits cds.

2) Any chance Behind the Mask could get a Deluxe Edition? Or at the very least, let him know there's interest?

I know it might not happen just because someone asks, but the Meet and Greet seems like the only way for fans to let them know what we'd like to see.

secondhandchain 10-10-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1239557)

1) Could they consider adding As Long As You Follow to the set list? Remind him it's a very well-known song because it's on both of their greatest hits cds.

2) Any chance Behind the Mask could get a Deluxe Edition? Or at the very least, let him know there's interest?

I know it might not happen just because someone asks, but the Meet and Greet seems like the only way for fans to let them know what we'd like to see.

Could you also asking them why they are lying dirtbags??? Thanks!

sands of time 10-10-2018 08:17 PM

Also, please look him straight in the eye and say, "What kind of man are you?" Emphasis on "are".

WatchChain 10-10-2018 08:18 PM

Id like to ask him why the entire band made fun of Stevie Nicks behind her back while an audience of thousands watched at Music Cares---and THEN, fired Lindsey Buckingham for "smirking" at her. (4:25 minute mark for 40 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Wonk4CNM

What a joke.

sands of time 10-10-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1239580)
Id like to ask him why the entire band made fun of Stevie Nicks behind her back while an audience of thousands watched at Music Cares---and THEN, fired Lindsey Buckingham for "smirking" at her. (4:25 minute mark for 40 seconds)

What a joke.

I had not seen that video. What an embarrassment. She should have been fired.

MikeInNV 10-10-2018 08:30 PM

So I guess every thread in every forum is going to be about this.

bwboy 10-10-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1239584)

LOL I guess so! Maybe some of those folks can pay $600 and ask him those questions.

So after you ask him all those other questions about Lindsey, could you then ask him about adding As Long As You Follow and Behind the Mask? Thanks!

sands of time 10-10-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1239586)
So after you ask him all those other questions about Lindsey, could you then ask him about adding As Long As You Follow and Behind the Mask? Thanks!

LOL maybe you can pay $600 and ask him those questions.

gldstwmn 10-10-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1239586)
LOL I guess so! Maybe some of those folks can pay $600 and ask him those questions.

I just want to watch them get dragged out by security. :lol::lol::lol: :woohoo:

Feather Blade 10-11-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1239557)

bwboy, I think SingerToBe mentioned having a $600 ticket so perhaps she/he has a Mick ticket? Maybe you could message them and ask? I would love to hear As Long as You Follow on a setlist at some point. Totally agree with you there.

dontlookdown 10-15-2018 12:51 PM

I see Mick in the waiting room of my doctor sometimes.
We don’t have the same doc, but he see’s someone in the same building.
I’ll ask him next time I see him.
Although, I’m not a fan of As Long As You Follow.
The title track from Behind The Mask is stellar, (the only Buckingham solo on the whole album) but the rest I can do w/o.

Happy to ask the dirtbag questions.

gldstwmn 10-15-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1240904)
The title track from Behind The Mask is stellar, (the only Buckingham solo on the whole album) but the rest I can do w/o.

Wouldn't that conversation be protected by HIPAA? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

secondhandchain 10-15-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1239584)

YES IT IS. Thanks to a certain tambourine witch. This is all her doing. FACT.

secondhandchain 10-15-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

I used to see him at supermarkets sitting ALONE hawking his wine. It was SO SAD. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I would have given him an earful if this was now.

secondhandchain 10-15-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1239618)
I just want to watch them get dragged out by security. :lol::lol::lol: :woohoo:

I will be well worth it to see the money lovers face when those questions are ask. Please someone with extra money pay for that ridiculous meet and greet and ask away.

bwboy 10-15-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

dontlookdown, that would be awesome if you could ask him those questions! Thanks for even considering it.

Btw, I hope you're in good health.

Sugar Mouse 10-15-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

What a joke.

Obviously there's a lot more to the story than simply how Lindsey behaved at MusicCares. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. If you want to learn more about the back story, check out the book "Storms" by Carol Ann Harris. I'm sure a lot of this will be much publicized now that the band is being forced to explain why they fired Lindsey.

Buster 10-15-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

What a joke.

I just watched this for the first time. They all acted disgracefully. She spoke for 6 minutes, which is far shorter than a lot of acceptance speeches. You don’t make fun of your teammate in front of an audience. Lindsey also did more than smirk, he did the masturbate motion.

All that said, I don’t think the smirking was the reason he got fired.

jwd 10-15-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1240961)
I just watched this for the first time. They all acted disgracefully. She spoke for 6 minutes, which is far shorter than a lot of acceptance speeches. You don’t make fun of your teammate in front of an audience. Lindsey also did more than smirk, he did the masturbate motion.

NO. HE DIDN'T. You actually think he would do that on stage in front of all those people? One of his hand/arm gestures was definitely misconstrued by you.

bwboy 10-15-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Is that true, Buster? I haven't watched the presentation, and I have no desire to, but if Lindsey did that, that was pretty nasty. Are you sure that's what he was doing? That really doesn't seem like something Lindsey would do.

Not meaning to doubt you, I guess I'm just hoping he didn't really do that.

saniette 10-15-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1240959)
Obviously there's a lot more to the story than simply how Lindsey behaved at MusicCares. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. If you want to learn more about the back story, check out the book "Storms" by Carol Ann Harris. I'm sure a lot of this will be much publicized now that the band is being forced to explain why they fired Lindsey.

We know, "obviously" there must be something to exonerate Stevie and the band. Not a surprise that you'll find any reason to disbelieve Lindsey's side of the story, after demanding to hear it.

The problem is, I don't think Carol Ann Harris's book is too reliable. It's not objective history, it's just another person's side of the story. And a non-band member at that, no matter how much Carol Ann tries to exaggerate her role in the band's circle. If FM is going to bring up stuff from that long ago as grounds for Lindsey's firing, everyone in the band will come out looking bad. Stevie should have been fired for events in the recent past (refusing to record, delaying FM tours by prolonging her solo tours), so how is she in a position to advocate for Lindsey's firing?

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I don't think Lindsey's making up the list of grievances from Azoff/Stevie. And it's going to make Stevie and the band look petty and possibly worse if any of that is true.

Anyway, there will most likely be an out of court settlement, with nothing publicized. It's in no one's interests to air the band's dirty laundry... there's plenty of mud to fling around.

Buster 10-15-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1240965)
NO. HE DIDN'T. You actually think he would do that on stage in front of all those people? One of his hand/arm gestures was definitely misconstrued by you.

It’s at 4:34 in the video posted on this thread. A couple seconds before, Christine and Mick start talking about it going on too long. Christine looks at Lindsey who does the masturbation motion that people make when they think someone is talking too long or too arrogantly. I’m open to hearing what others think that motion is, but it’s a very common and well-known one.

SteveMacD 10-15-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1240971)
It’s at 4:34 in the video posted on this thread. A couple seconds before, Christine and Mick start talking about it going on too long. Christine looks at Lindsey who does the masturbation motion that people make when they think someone is talking too long or too arrogantly. I’m open to hearing what others think that motion is, but it’s a very common and well-known one.

It looked like he was air drumming to me.

saniette 10-15-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1240971)

So maybe the exact complaint was "air jerk" not "smirk"? Maybe Lindsey just misheard. :shrug:

gldstwmn 10-15-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1240959)

She is writing a follow up.

dontlookdown 10-16-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Ridiculous. There was nothing disgraceful about the way they were acting.
Thank god the rest of them refuse to take themselves so seriously.
Stevie’s ego can’t be this fragile or this big.
I’m sure it was other events that led to the split.
As Lindsey said, they lost perspective and forgot about the fans POV and their legacy.
Buckingham salvaged the Fleetwood Mac brand twice.
I hope he doesn’t try again.
They’re their own worst enemies.
Self destructive, like true addicts.