The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Fascinating Mike Cambpell Interview in Rolling Stone (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58270)

Sugar Mouse 10-26-2018 01:10 PM

Fascinating Mike Campbell Interview in Rolling Stone

Really interesting article. In the article, Mike Campbell says that he is now a full member of Fleetwood Mac and not a hired player. From the tone of this article, I assume Neil has also become a full member. This all means that a future studio album with the new lineup is more likely.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...rorSxRTGGNz1ow

Angel75 10-26-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242331)
Really interesting article. In the article, Mike Campbell says that he is now a full member of Fleetwood Mac and not a hired player. From the tone of this article, I assume Neil has also become a full member. This all means that a future studio album with the new lineup is more likely.

This is neither a new article that hasn't already been discussed, nor a 'fascinating' one

As much as you are Neil's BFF I am surprised that you think that after this tour is over that he won't return to his solo or family work and will, by choice, stick around to record an album....not that SN would even be on board to do so in the first place

Sugar Mouse 10-26-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1242342)
This is neither a new article that hasn't already been discussed, nor a 'fascinating' one

As much as you are Neil's BFF I am surprised that you think that after this tour is over that he won't return to his solo or family work and will, by choice, stick around to record an album....not that SN would even be on board to do so in the first place

Knowing Neil, I would bet he does both; records a studio album w/ Fleetwood Mac and continues his other careers (solo, Finn Brothers, etc.). By the way, he's already finished another Finn Brothers studio album which is on hold while he pursues the Fleetwood Mac thing.

bwboy 10-26-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1242342)

I think Stevie will record an album with FM now that Lindsey isn't in the band. 100%. I just wonder who will produce it. Neil is a possibility, I would imagine. Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?

Angel75 10-26-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242347)
Knowing Neil, I would bet he does both; records a studio album w/ Fleetwood Mac and continues his other careers (solo, Finn Brothers, etc.). By the way, he's already finished another Finn Brothers studio album which is on hold while he pursues the Fleetwood Mac thing.

By the way, I know this already, but thanks for continuing to think you are the only one that knows anything about the guy....you forget at a Mastermind challenge I could probably beat you hands down on NF trivia

And what further highlights my point, with his Lightsleeper promotion being minimised and new album with Tim, his preference will be to get back and focus on that.

Do you honestly believe Stevie Nicks wants to record another studio album, even without Lindsey?

Angel75 10-26-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1242348)
I think Stevie will record an album with FM now that Lindsey isn't in the band. 100%. I just wonder who will produce it. Neil is a possibility, I would imagine. Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?

I highly doubt it.
As soon as this tour is done, she'll want to step right back into her solo focused career and wave goodbye to FM

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1242348)

Mike produced Marty Stuart’s 2017 album “Way Out West.” Sounded great, and Marty seemed pleased with it.

Mike also did a lot of production work with Petty.

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1242351)
I highly doubt it.
As soon as this tour is done, she'll want to step right back into her solo focused career and wave goodbye to FM

Unless Mike pushes a Fleetwood Mac album. If Stevie ever has any aspirations to work with the Heartbreakers, she needs to make sure Mike is happy, and I think Mike and Neil want to put their stamp on Fleetwood Mac.

They all have other projects, but Fleetwood Mac will offer the most return for their efforts.

secondhandchain 10-26-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242347)

"knowing Neil" LOL you are insufferable.

jmn3 10-26-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1242367)

Thankfully we can laugh at ole Sugar Mick because othersie this would really be too much

bwboy 10-26-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Sugar mouse meant "knowing Neil" the same way someone might say "knowing Lindsey, he will probably produce his next record" or "knowing Stevie, she'll probably twirl on stage during Gypsy."

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

At least he hasn’t had a six month on-line temper tantrum over a band firing their guitarist.

jwd 10-26-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242331)

Fleetwood’s offer to make Campbell a full member of the storied Southern California band — not a hired hand — was both exciting and daunting. “I thought I’d never play big gigs again,” Campbell says. “I thought I’d never be on the G4 [private jet] again, and I’d never again play the Forum. Then all of a sudden, I’m like, ‘What the ****? How did this happen?’ ”

Lindsey getting "fired" is how it happened. I guess the "FM Partnership", minus Lindsey, agreed to this. Because according to Lindsey's Complaint, these major decisions are done by unanimous vote, not by majority vote. So technically Lindsey is still in the band and he didn't vote them in assuredly. And really none of this is official yet, until the case is decided. ?????? Mike and Neil you're still hired hands.

MikeInNV 10-26-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1242372)
Lindsey getting "fired" is how it happened. I guess the "FM Partnership", minus Lindsey, agreed to this. Because according to Lindsey's Complaint, these major decisions are done by unanimous vote, not by majority vote. So technically Lindsey is still in the band and he didn't vote them in assuredly. And really none of this is official yet, until the case is decided. ?????? Mike and Neil you're still hired hands.

How is Lindsey still in the band? Because he didn't agree to fire himself?

And for the life of me, I can't imagine FM has ever been able to do anything by unanimous vote.

jwd 10-26-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1242377)
How is Lindsey still in the band? Because he didn't agree to fire himself?

And for the life of me, I can't imagine FM has ever been able to do anything by unanimous vote.

Yes, technically he is. Did you read the Complaint? Major decisions were always done by unanimous vote. Of course we're treading that oral agreement argument again. But they are legal and binding in a court of law.