The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Artemis 08-19-2010 07:04 AM

JTIS, results day didn't go as bad as I expected! A in English Language, B in History (just missed that A!) and... a D in Law. (2 marks off a C, and considering I wrote "the case with the Crimean war in it, in the exam, I'm quite pleased with that xD) So, I got into the Uni I want to go to! Woo. Too bad the booklist has 13 books on it. Not 12. Not 14. 13. I hate that number. With a passion. xD

ButterCookie 08-19-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 906428)
JTIS, results day didn't go as bad as I expected! A in English Language, B in History (just missed that A!) and... a D in Law. (2 marks off a C, and considering I wrote "the case with the Crimean war in it, in the exam, I'm quite pleased with that xD) So, I got into the Uni I want to go to! Woo. Too bad the booklist has 13 books on it. Not 12. Not 14. 13. I hate that number. With a passion. xD

Well donee!! :]

I'm going to go join a rock and roll band with my results...

Enchanted_Stevi 08-19-2010 07:51 AM

JTIS that I was at work yesterday and Ashley suprised me with a coffee =D She is so amazing I love her SOOOmuch and I'm so lucky to have such an amazing best friend and girlfriend!!!

Enchanted_Stevi 08-19-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 906311)
I take my Lady Gaga seriously. The Telephone music video....

plus me....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7318287_n.jpg

OMG I LOVE IT!!

holidayroad 08-19-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 906321)
I bet Christine plays the piano in her underwear at home sometimes. Just because she can.

I'm sure she does!:D At least she respects herself enough to do it at home.

HomerMcvie 08-19-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 906434)

I occasionally play a mean Commando Piano. :lol:

carrie721 08-19-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 906434)

what does self respect have to do with gaga's wardrobe choices?

Kena 08-19-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 906428)

I remember having a particularly hard time with a class in college and struggled my ass off just to earn a D. So as far as I'm concerned D = Done

ButterCookie 08-19-2010 02:50 PM

BRB going on holiday for a week.

tilthefirefades 08-19-2010 02:59 PM

I came upon a stark realization yesterday that perhaps I don't hate Lady Gaga, but her fans. The people who say she is better than Madonna...or Cher...or Cyndi Lauper. To me, and this is completely off topic, but Madonna should be crowned the Queen of Music. Anyway, I do plan on giving Gaga's music a second chance :D

GODDESS6 08-19-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 906500)
I came upon a stark realization yesterday that perhaps I don't hate Lady Gaga, but her fans. The people who say she is better than Madonna...or Cher...or Cyndi Lauper. To me, and this is completely off topic, but Madonna should be crowned the Queen of Music. Anyway, I do plan on giving Gaga's music a second chance :D

i am totally not the type who would by gaga's music~ but after her grammy performance w/ elton john i bought fame monster~ it's really good~ i'd rather see her not gaga'd up & looking like she does on the back of the cd w/ the long dark hair~ i think her talent stands alone & she doesn't need all the hype & gimmick, it's distracting~

tilthefirefades 08-19-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6 (Post 906503)
i am totally not the type who would by gaga's music~ but after her grammy performance w/ elton john i bought fame monster~ it's really good~ i'd rather see her not gaga'd up & looking like she does on the back of the cd w/ the long dark hair~ i think her talent stands alone & she doesn't need all the hype & gimmick, it's distracting~

Good point :nod: I do find Alejandro to be a catchy little song, maybe I can learn to appreciate her and just put the delusional fans on mute.

vivfox 08-19-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 906574)
Good point :nod: I do find Alejandro to be a catchy little song, maybe I can learn to appreciate her and just put the delusional fans on mute.

This is the first time she's released a single I don't care for and ofcourse you would like it. You know I love you Anthony, right? But your taste in songs, it suc%s.:xoxo::sorry:

tilthefirefades 08-20-2010 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 906580)
This is the first time she's released a single I don't care for and ofcourse you would like it. You know I love you Anthony, right? But your taste in songs, it suc%s.:xoxo::sorry:

Ehh :shrug: one man's trash is another man's treasure? He who posts random obscure rap artists as his sig :thumbsup:

I love you more :xoxo:

Zombie 08-20-2010 11:07 AM

Cute Guitar Boy made a surprise cameo appearance in Zombistan last night, which led to not much sleeping, which has led to me sitting here before noon, trying to finish my work before deadline.

Which actually means I'm sitting here alternating between staring at an unfinished manuscript in Word without actually typing much and surfing the Interweb to find treasures, like the Gary Busey Cave Troll:

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...iego/busey.gif
(there it is, folks - your moment of zen)

Which reminds me of one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time - the "This is Why I'll Never Be an Adult" post on Hyperbole & a Half. "Work? No! INTERNET! FOREVER!"