The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Grammy museum BuckVie q&a Oct 11 (sold out) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57479)

jkmaletic 09-27-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudieCantFail (Post 1216821)
Will they seriously enforce "no cameras allowed" because it would be too bad if no video was allowed to be taken. Someone will go rogue, I hope.

What are the odds that the Grammys people will record and upload this online?

Stevie did one of these in 2011 that I went to and they were pretty strict about the cameras. The theater is tiny and there will be people watching for people recording. However, they do archive video of these events. They are sometimes available later online, but they are always available at the Grammy Museum in their archive section to watch.

Have fun.

Jamie

amycondit 09-28-2017 02:12 PM

Thwarted again for LB & CM at Grammy museum

Hi Elle and All:

So bummed, I had a couple of screens open,got in the waiting room 4 minutes prior, and then no tickets available! Maybe I'll have luck with resellers or I'll just go downtown that day and see if people are trying to get rid of their tix.

Thanks for the reminder of the LB Facebook group-I'm not on Facebook that much, but hearing news like that first is a good impetus to be on there!

Best to everyone,
Amy

bombaysaffires 09-28-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1216816)
A CONVERSATION WITH LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM AND CHRISTINE MCVIE

Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Google+Share to Email
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are two links of the figurative chain that once made up one of the most popular bands of the ’70s, Fleetwood Mac.

did anyone else notice this sentence?

it doesn't say they are two links of the chain that MAKES UP FM, it says they are two links of the chain that ONCE MADE UP..... past tense... the band

the links that USED TO make up FM rather than the links that DO make up FM

Now, maybe whoever wrote this didn't realize what they wrote, or didn't think it through. But then again,

HomerMcvie 09-28-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1217012)
did anyone else notice this sentence?

it doesn't say they are two links of the chain that MAKES UP FM, it says they are two links of the chain that ONCE MADE UP..... past tense... the band

the links that USED TO make up FM rather than the links that DO make up FM

Now, maybe whoever wrote this didn't realize what they wrote, or didn't think it through. But then again,

People are stupid. They probably weren't certain that Christine had come back or something.

If in doubt, just reread my first three words. Lord I had a day today, with my mind competely boggled by how stupid they actually are. I'm amazed some people are able to continue breathing without life support.

elle 10-13-2017 06:54 AM

still looking for audio - i know there must be at least one floating around. hopefully the museum will post the video/audio.

jbrownsjr 10-13-2017 08:52 AM

I attended and it was amazing to be in the presence of greatness.

There wasn't much new of anything said. Lindsey took a few indirect jabs at Stevie. He basically said he couldn't imagine being an artist and not wanting to write or be creative. He then said (in a round about Lindsey way) it's lucky for a band like Fleetwood Mac that the fans are ok constantly hearing the live hits and having 3 generations that expect to hear those hits. When asked what it was like to do BuckVie and then go to Dodgers' Stadium, he stated, "It's a mind****." He clearly would rather do the BuckVie shows and not FMac.

Christine was her usual funny, clever, gorgeous and slender self. She wore her brown snake skin leather with her light blue jeans, beautiful red scarf, and the white shoes.
The woman has legs for days.

She again forgot she toured solo in 1984 and was able to experience the intimate theaters across the USA. She's so humble, almost to a fault. Lindsey gave her a lot of props and the moderator did as well. Going from blues to adjusting her music to Bob Welch and then LB/SN era. When asked how her music changed as a songwriter over all those years. Christine: I don't think about it. I just write for the album. (I'm paraphrasing)

They joked about the Christine songs that FM attempted as a 4 piece. He remembered Don't Stop. But then, when a few people shouted out, Say You Love Me... Lindsey said, "No we didn't" (to the crowd) And a few people said, "oh yes you did." And Christine laughed. So Lindsey obviously blocked out that horrible moment when Stevie tried to sing both songs. He started trying to sing it on stage in his chair and then just stopped and Christine watched him with a smirk.

This event was so much fun. The genuine bond between Christine and Lindsey is so strong and really very sweet. There's absolutely no acting or faking that I see in any of it. It's just beautiful.

HomerMcvie 10-13-2017 09:59 AM

They are beautiful together, and all that phony CRAP is missing, like he portrays with OGB. You can tell that they love and respect each other, and truly are enjoying this partnership.

I'm jealous that you got to go, but it's only 16 days until my next show! :blob2::blob2::blob2:

jbrownsjr 10-13-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1217484)
They are beautiful together, and all that phony CRAP is missing, like he portrays with OGB. You can tell that they love and respect each other, and truly are enjoying this partnership.

I'm jealous that you got to go, but it's only 16 days until my next show! :blob2::blob2::blob2:

Christine said Fleetwood Mac is a Carnival.

HomerMcvie 10-13-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1217485)
Christine said Fleetwood Mac is a Carnival.

I didn't think carnivals had farm animals...:]

jbrownsjr 10-13-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1217486)
I didn't think carnivals had farm animals...:]

LOL.. you are too much. But, that was good... :laugh:

secondhandchain 10-13-2017 09:34 PM

Do carnivals have "one of the premiere song writers in the world"? According to the queen that's what Tom Petty told her she is. LOL If I were recounting that story to someone I would have said "he told me I'm a good songwriter, go write your own song" BUT NOT her!:laugh::laugh:

button-lip 10-13-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1217496)
Do carnivals have "one of the premiere song writers in the world"? According to the queen that's what Tom Petty told her she is. LOL If I were recounting that story to someone I would have said "he told me I'm a good songwriter, go write your own song" BUT NOT her!:laugh::laugh:

Why everything always has to be about her? Instead of talking about her longtime friend she turned a sweet story with a nice advice into a self-glorification of her songwriter career. :shrug:

Too bad she didn't tell that story of Tom wanting Lindsey to join The Heartbreakers during the 90's... I'm sure she blocked that story. :lol:

AliceLover 10-13-2017 10:48 PM

I'm in the minority, but I loved that 4 piece version of Say You Love Me. Lindsey's guitar was spot on.

HomerMcvie 10-14-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1217497)
Why everything always has to be about her? Instead of talking about her longtime friend she turned a sweet story with a nice advice into a self-glorification of her songwriter career. :shrug:

Too bad she didn't tell that story of Tom wanting Lindsey to join The Heartbreakers during the 90's... I'm sure she blocked that story. :lol:

Because most of her fans are just like her. Self absorbed.

And btw, I've really missed your presence here lately. :xoxo:

haleyd 10-16-2017 04:52 PM

Jesus, coming on here is so frustrating anymore. How is it that no matter what the thread is about it almost always ends up going off on some wild tangent with a bunch of you just bashing Stevie?! (and usually bashing her about something totally unrelated to the actual thread topic.... i.e. this thread)
It's no wonder The Ledge has gotten the reputation all over social media that it has. What a shame. :rolleyes: