The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fourth Fritz Clip! Reconsider from 1967.... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15820)

CarneVaca 08-25-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javier
But even though I own the studio and live recordings I still need to get permission from my colleagues to commercially release this. I intend to go that route. IT will take a little time because S&L are very busy people. However, that's the road I must take. I am a principled person.

Javier, I won't question your principles or motives. I am curious, however, as to why you have to get permission from your colleagues to post complete song files but not snippets. I would think if permission were required for one, it would be required for the other.

Quote:

Should I just give it all away? Well, I can at least give away some of it, but not all.
This is a choice and I respect the choice. But now you're saying I. So it is your decision to make then, right? So why do you need permission to post a couple of complete song files?

javier 08-25-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Javier, I won't question your principles or motives. I am curious, however, as to why you have to get permission from your colleagues to post complete song files but not snippets. I would think if permission were required for one, it would be required for the other.

You're right, snippets or whole numbers--don't make a diff. What I said is I need permission if I am going to release this on the commercial market and charge money for it.

This is a choice and I respect the choice. But now you're saying I. So it is your decision to make then, right? So why do you need permission to post a couple of complete song files?

No, I don't need to get permission to post these, only to make money from their sale. I assume the Fritz members may be entitled to a certain percentage or some renumeration as co-performers. But because of the nature of digital, even if I didn't want to sell and only wanted to share everything it would be foolish to post everything outright, cuz next we'd see more pseudo-Rock anthropolgists claiming to possess "rare" recordings for $$$ at Ebay. IT is my intention to put out a historic CD with notes, pics (there are still some pics that have not been exposed to the public), and the live music in the order it was originally performed, as well as the studio and home recordings. SÃ*? When I last saw Lindsey, I gave him a newly-burned sampler CD of Fritz and echoed what someone on the Ledge had once said before: "This (Fritz) music will only enhance your legacy among your fans." I am sure he agreed.

CarneVaca 08-25-2004 06:55 PM

Javier, that sounds like a good idea. In the meantime, give us a couple of complete songs, won't you! :woohoo:

Mpardys 12-24-2019 07:47 PM

Fritz sampler from the penguin

Does anyone have mp3 files to share from Fritz sampler from the penguin? Does anyone have the track names or a compact disc for sale?
Any information will be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Martin pardys