The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Has anyone's "Anthology" CD arrived yet? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58154)

jwd 10-11-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1240009)
Well said!

Well, thank you, thank you very much, with an Elvis accent. :laugh:

jwd 10-11-2018 09:03 PM

THIS ANTHOLOGY CD IS ****ING AWESOME! I LOVE IT! GO BUY IT! LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM! :woohoo:

elle 10-11-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1239977)
So I got my 3 cd set today and am currently on disc 2. Really enjoying this collection of songs from Lindsey. Some of these songs I've never heard before. Shame on me, but the last record of Lindsey's I bought was OOTC. Almost everything after that is new to me. And I must say that I like his later stuff better. Seems more mature and sophisticated to me. I'm probably going to have to get into all of his solo records now too.

Here's to an artist that wants to keep on giving, not rehashing.

So looking forward to Blue Light!

yes, i love OOTC and his 3 last albums. Seeds is actually my favorite album of his.

surprisingly though on the only stop of this tour i saw so far i loved loved loved I Must Go and Slow Dancing (the latter song i never cared about before)!!

jwd 10-11-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1240169)
yes, i love OOTC and his 3 last albums. Seeds is actually my favorite album of his.

surprisingly though on the only stop of this tour i saw so far i loved loved loved I Must Go and Slow Dancing (the latter song i never cared about before)!!

Must be that creative Mr. Buckingham. How he re creates and draws you back in. He's EVIL! :laugh:

jwd 10-11-2018 09:38 PM

Oh by the way I'm really loving this LIVE version of "Trouble"! SWEET!

jwd 10-11-2018 10:19 PM

There's a live version of this song on the cd, not his particular one, I don't think, maybe it is. Too lazy to check. But I really got turned on to this song listening to the live cd of the anthology set. I think it's beautiful!

SpyNote 10-12-2018 06:15 PM

Are there any different versions/edits?

michelej1 10-12-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1240169)

That’s how I felt about Doing What I Can. The album version bored me and then the live version was incredible. Then, I liked GOS, but the live version was sensational, making me go from like to love.

jwd 10-20-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1240194)
There's a live version of this song on the cd, not his particular one, I don't think, maybe it is. Too lazy to check. But I really got turned on to this song listening to the live cd of the anthology set. I think it's beautiful!

Okay I'm totally in love with this song. In particular this live version. It could possibly be my favorite LB song ever. That's a stretch, but I really love it! :blob2:

ETA This is the version on the anthology set. This 3 cd set is soooooo good!

jwd 10-26-2018 06:19 PM

Hey, I hope everyone got their cds by now!! I'm absolutely loving this 3 cd set anthology of Lindsey's. It's kind of like the BuckVie cd, it gets better and better with each listen. But this anthology set blows the BuckVie cd out of the water.

Another song that's got my attention. The remastered song on the anthology set is awesome. I had tears in my eyes listening to it. I felt it personally.