The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   “Why I’m Done with Fleetwood Mac” (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58720)

Storms123 07-02-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1253412)
Or is his snark just for the hardcore fans? He's quite happy to play for the dilettantes who just show up for the hits and couldn't name anyone in the band except maybe Stevie. As long as the checks clear. I think he could care less about some newspaper review as long as they are selling tickets. I think that's true of the rest as well.

It definitely could be. It's the hardcore fans that are irate. He may not pay attention to the reviews, but I would think Azoff does, and I think Stevie does too. Her brand is what enabled them to pull this stunt. Imagine if she walked away now too....FM is tarnishing HER brand :laugh: Because she would see it that way. I'll give her this, she's much smarter in thinking ahead than Mick is. Mick thinks he can hole up in Hawaii for a few months, let the dust settle and call up ol Lindsey for a gig on his next album, just like nothing ever happened.

Jondalar 07-03-2019 12:58 AM

What Stevie did is give people that final push to be done with Fleetwood Mac. Her and Mick have always been selfish. Everyone knows that knows it now.

button-lip 07-03-2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253411)
Mick's tone, innuendo and actual statements lately make me think they (the 4 stooges) didn't actually think Lindsey's departure would resonate as much, as far, and as long as it has. So now, he's being snarky. He got caught in a big lie, this tour is not doing as well as a final tour with the Rumours 5 would have (I am assuming they are done after this) 5 dates in Europe and a 2 of 5 star review!! OUCH. Neil Finn saved FM? Please, he can't even carry the guitar parts on his own. The press around this tour really has been abysmal. Lindsey is the focus of huge chunks of these interviews (another reason they are probably getting snarky) It's not about the music anymore. Oh---and Stevie is doing ZERO press.

Even though this tour has been successful (before any Stevie’s fan claims how many tickets they’re selling), I don’t think they could have imagined how much support Lindsey would have. Stevie clearly thought everybody was there to see her. Right....

They’re probably tired of dealing with so many questions about Lindsey and at this point they can fool no journalist with their “Lindsey quit the band” speech.

Stevie should know by now that doing ZERO press raises a lot of suspicions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253413)
It definitely could be. It's the hardcore fans that are irate. He may not pay attention to the reviews, but I would think Azoff does, and I think Stevie does too. Her brand is what enabled them to pull this stunt. Imagine if she walked away now too....FM is tarnishing HER brand :laugh: Because she would see it that way. I'll give her this, she's much smarter in thinking ahead than Mick is. Mick thinks he can hole up in Hawaii for a few months, let the dust settle and call up ol Lindsey for a gig on his next album, just like nothing ever happened.

I bet Stevie can’t wait for this tour to be over and leave all those losers behind.

And I definitely can see Mick knocking on Lindsey’s door once Stevie decides she doesn’t want to tour with them anymore. I hope Lindsey has better things to do than trying to give a closure to his beloved legacy with the band.

HomerMcvie 07-04-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253421)
And I definitely can see Mick knocking on Lindsey’s door once Stevie decides she doesn’t want to tour with them anymore. I hope Lindsey has better things to do than trying to give a closure to his beloved legacy with the band.

I pray that he tells Mick to DIE. F*ck that stupid, greedy mother f*cker.

sasja 07-04-2019 09:22 PM

I am just still praying to the cosmos for Karma where Karma is due.

Keep those fingers crossed, Snarky Majesty!

lennonfan 08-17-2019 11:21 AM

I'm done with them too. It's still too painful to even listen to them. I hope I can get over it and enjoy the records again, but all I think about now is this awful situation.

jwd 08-18-2019 09:39 PM

I'm done with FM because this is gone.

It just wasn't tenable anymore?! WTF does that mean?!! IDIOTS!

On Ice 08-19-2019 08:13 AM

JWD that pretty much sums it up perfectly. This big a line up change "after" the Dance is completely unacceptable- and that was 22 years ago. The current line up does not work and the attempt to mask Nicks and McVie's diminished talents with Campbell and Finn is not helping. While talented they are not a fit to this band and as a fan of the many other wonderful line ups, I cannot bear to watch it. My time as a devoted fan is over and I rarely listen to any of their music anymore.

To let Buckingham go at this juncture is approaching insanity. :distress:

HomerMcvie 08-19-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1253886)

A true testament to the Old Goat's massively bloated ego.

Street_Dreamer 08-19-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253894)
A true testament to the Old Goat's massively bloated ego.

I believe you mean bloated egoat.

TrueFaith77 08-20-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1253886)

It destroyed their legacy, from love to hate

As it constitutes pure venom aimed at Lindsey

The "new" touring "band" amounted to a cash grab... before they all go off onto new, probably less lucrative, gigs (Stevie as a solo artist with or without Campbell and Mick as a Crowded House drummer)

They could have just ended the band and not broken hearts

But they don't care

I never mattered to $tevie

jwd 09-13-2019 07:30 PM

I'm done with fleetwood mac because they have become stale and boring.

BombaySapphire3 09-13-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1254189)
I'm done with fleetwood mac because they have become stale and boring.

Totally..with no intention of ever bothering to make a note of new music..just a cash grabbing shell of a once great band.

sasja 09-17-2019 08:50 PM

Greedy bunch of old geezers who now suck at their craft, are stale as 5 year old bread, ad nauseam ad infinitum.

Nostalgia is a bitch, folks, and it doesn't advance the world and its needs any.

It boggles the mind that people still pay money to see these has-beens. One of those things in life I just cannot even begin to understand. Specially with the good indie music that is constantly being published & which is fresh and interesting and intelligent and lyrical and well performed.

To me, this bunch were no longer viable as a band as far back as the early 90's, with LB being the one remaining saving grace.
And THEN, in addition, they go and commit lower-than-dirt acts against a colleague and business partner and, "supposedly" friend, of 40 years.

So, yeah . :]

Fleetwood who?

Glad I stopped giving them my money the past 25 years -- LB being the golden exception.

jbrownsjr 09-18-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1254206)
Greedy bunch of old geezers who now suck at their craft, are stale as 5 year old bread, ad nauseam ad infinitum.

Nostalgia is a bitch, folks, and it doesn't advance the world and its needs any.

It boggles the mind that people still pay money to see these has-beens. One of those things in life I just cannot even begin to understand. Specially with the good indie music that is constantly being published & which is fresh and interesting and intelligent and lyrical and well performed.

To me, this bunch were no longer viable as a band as far back as the early 90's, with LB being the one remaining saving grace.
And THEN, in addition, they go and commit lower-than-dirt acts against a colleague and business partner and, "supposedly" friend, of 40 years.

Fleetwood who?

Glad I stopped giving them my money the past 25 years -- LB being the golden exception.

$tevie was the commercial to a once good program. And corporate and commercial rule. And that's that. :distress:

jeets2000 09-19-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1254206)

Fleetwood who?

The thought of an alternate universe in which Fleetwood Mac released the album known to us as BuckVie and toured behind those new songs + the usual set of Rumours regurgitation is still more appealing to me than our current reality: Fleetwood Mac becoming the band known for covering "Free Falling" and "Don't Dream It's Over." I say this as a massive Tom Petty fan, and I'm fine if I'm in the minority on this. :wavey:

Nicks Fan 09-19-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeets2000 (Post 1254217)
The thought of an alternate universe in which Fleetwood Mac released the album known to us as BuckVie and toured behind those new songs + the usual set of Rumours regurgitation is still more appealing to me than our current reality: Fleetwood Mac becoming the band known for covering "Free Falling" and "Don't Dream It's Over." I say this as a massive Tom Petty fan, and I'm fine if I'm in the minority on this. :wavey:

That is what kills me. How any fan can think covering Free Fallin and Don't Dream it's over is ok. The band has so many songs they could be doing from their own catalog that they don't need these cover songs (Unless of course you are trying to make the connection for those in the audience who actually might not know who MC and NF are).

This band is known for some really questionable antics over the year but I have to say this is to me the dumbest thing they have ever done. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that at the end of the line they trot out a new lineup to play a mostly GH tour. It would be one thing if they had new music but to tour again with no new material is beyond idiotic. It truly boggles the mind that some people don't see how this is so stupid. Honestly how many times do you need to hear the same songs over and over performed the same old way. Even the rare stuff they trotted out they started dropping once it was clear that the audience didn't know or care for it.

I think years from now this ending of the band will not be viewed as favorably as others. It will end up being like a trivia card.

bombaysaffires 09-19-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1254221)
That is what kills me. How any fan can think covering Free Fallin and Don't Dream it's over is ok. The band has so many songs they could be doing from their own catalog that they don't need these cover songs (Unless of course you are trying to make the connection for those in the audience who actually might not know who MC and NF are).

This band is known for some really questionable antics over the year but I have to say this is to me the dumbest thing they have ever done. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that at the end of the line they trot out a new lineup to play a mostly GH tour. It would be one thing if they had new music but to tour again with no new material is beyond idiotic. It truly boggles the mind that some people don't see how this is so stupid. Honestly how many times do you need to hear the same songs over and over performed the same old way. Even the rare stuff they trotted out they started dropping once it was clear that the audience didn't know or care for it.

I think years from now this ending of the band will not be viewed as favorably as others. It will end up being like a trivia card.

oh, they were nothing but a greatest hits tour even before kicking Lindsey out.:nod::sorry:

Storms123 09-19-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1254221)

I completely agree with you here. Particularly since so many bands are making 2018/2019 their "farewell" and are doing it well. There is promotion around it, interviews etc. FM....their US promotion was laughable and exposed the lie. UK promotion was pretty close to non existent save for rolling out NF and MF. And the AUS/NZ promotion makes it seem like Crowded House is on tour with special guests from FM and TPH. And Stevie is no where to be found in any interviews. That's unheard of for any prior tours. It's like they relying more on their loyal Instagram followers to do the marketing for them. Looking forward to them hobbling towards the sunset now.

Nicks Fan 09-19-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1254222)
oh, they were nothing but a greatest hits tour even before kicking Lindsey out.:nod::sorry:

I agree but at least he wanted new music. If nothing else there was that to look forward to until SN put a stop to it.

Nicks Fan 09-19-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1254223)
[/B]

I completely agree with you here. Particularly since so many bands are making 2018/2019 their "farewell" and are doing it well. There is promotion around it, interviews etc. FM....their US promotion was laughable and exposed the lie. UK promotion was pretty close to non existent save for rolling out NF and MF. And the AUS/NZ promotion makes it seem like Crowded House is on tour with special guests from FM and TPH. And Stevie is no where to be found in any interviews. That's unheard of for any prior tours. It's like they relying more on their loyal Instagram followers to do the marketing for them. Looking forward to them hobbling towards the sunset now.

I suspect that they didn't anticipate the blow back they got. Tickets did sell but I wouldn't say this tour was a smashing success. They sold a million tickets this tour. I wonder how many they sold last tour in 2014-2015? Likely just as many if not more since Christine was back.

TrueFaith77 09-20-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1254222)

The point is: Why fire someone just to play his songs and NO new songs?

It's insane.

jbrownsjr 09-20-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1254228)
I suspect that they didn't anticipate the blow back they got. Tickets did sell but I wouldn't say this tour was a smashing success. They sold a million tickets this tour. I wonder how many they sold last tour in 2014-2015? Likely just as many if not more since Christine was back.

2014-2015 Was #2 on the Touring acts list when Christine came back.

sue 09-20-2019 09:36 AM

I’m done with Fmac because no matter how you cut it, they are not the same without Lindsey, I’ll play their old stuff.
But, I won’t go to another concert, and certainly won’t buy any more music, even if there was any.
It has taken me a long time to get my head round this, but they’re done.

I’ve been a fan since 1967 when they were a British blues band...and I’ve loved them for 50 odd years, but I’m not interested in them anymore.

I don’t think they would have been much different if Lindsey hadn’t been forced out, they would not have had a swan song Album...yes we know why.
They would just have toured every other year, so that’s that.
Makes me want to cry.

This year I have been married 50 years and we do loads of new stuff all the time. (That doesn’t have to cost the earth)
Just because you get a little older, doesn’t mean you dry up and become desiccated....just different.
And that’s what they should have done, grown old gracefully (or not)
but at least grown older together....

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1254227)
I agree but at least he wanted new music. If nothing else there was that to look forward to until SN put a stop to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1254231)
The point is: Why fire someone just to play his songs and NO new songs?

It's insane.

Agreed.

Answer, sadly, is greed.