The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Shake the Cage Tour 10/1/1987 Ames, IA - 2nd night of tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50633)

badanimals87 08-11-2012 04:06 PM

Shake the Cage Tour 10/1/1987 Ames, IA - 2nd night of tour

live at the Hilton Coliseum

Say You Love Me

The Chain

Dreams

Isn't It Midnight

Rhiannon

Seven Wonders

Rattlesnake Shake

Over My Head

Gold Dust Woman

Don't Let Me Down Again

Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

Another Woman/Brown Eyes

World Turning

Gypsy

Little Lies

Stand Back

You Make Loving Fun

Go Your Own Way

Blue Letter

Don't Stop

Songbird

ragrsrocalot 08-13-2012 09:56 PM

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

joe 08-22-2012 08:45 PM

Is it me or is Stevie still performing like her RAL persona at this point in the tour? I swear if you didn't know this was FM you'd think you were at one of her RAL concerts. When I saw them in December of that tour toward the end of the tour she wasn't as rocking. Plus, they dropped Rhiannon and Gypsy. Love the flub during Seven Wonders.

StephenC 08-23-2012 04:00 AM

I've never figured out why they performed Don't Let Me Down Again - it's a Lindsey song that isn't even a Fleetwood Mac song.

Makes no sense to me.

BrownEyedGirl26 08-23-2012 09:04 AM

A great version of Gold Dust Woman

Quote:

Originally Posted by badanimals87 (Post 1061330)
live at the Hilton Coliseum

Say You Love Me

The Chain

Dreams

Isn't It Midnight

Rhiannon

Seven Wonders

Rattlesnake Shake

Over My Head

Gold Dust Woman

Don't Let Me Down Again

Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

Another Woman/Brown Eyes

World Turning

Gypsy

Little Lies

Stand Back

You Make Loving Fun

Go Your Own Way

Blue Letter

Don't Stop

Songbird

I really like this version of Gold Dust Woman.:thumbsup:

michelej1 08-23-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenC (Post 1061972)
I've never figured out why they performed Don't Let Me Down Again - it's a Lindsey song that isn't even a Fleetwood Mac song.

Makes no sense to me.

Well, they'd done it before. Maybe it worked well for Billy and Rick's style.

Or Maybe they were sending message to Lindsey.

Michele

badanimals87 08-23-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe (Post 1061962)
Is it me or is Stevie still performing like her RAL persona at this point in the tour? I swear if you didn't know this was FM you'd think you were at one of her RAL concerts. When I saw them in December of that tour toward the end of the tour she wasn't as rocking. Plus, they dropped Rhiannon and Gypsy. Love the flub during Seven Wonders.

It's not just you...it's like RAL Stevie but she forgot her flask. :D

PenguinHead 08-29-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenC (Post 1061972)

Makes no sense to me.

It's the Buckingham Nicks song that was performed by Fleetwood Mac, early on, when Stevie and Lindsey initially joined the band. After Rumours came out, it was eventually dropped from the set list. I love that a great live performance was included on the 1980 LIVE album.

It's very much an official Fleetwood Mac song. Perhaps you could think of it as a cover song, but when you consider that it written and sung by two crucial members of the band, performed by the band, and released on a band album, it's easy to equate it with the band.

I loved it when the Billy and Rick version of Fleetwood Mac unearthed the song and put it in their set list. That was a very inspired and appropriate choice. That made perfect sense to me.

AliceLover 09-03-2012 12:58 PM

This show is AWESOME!

ashton 09-10-2012 11:42 AM

I don't think that I ever saw these before, thanks.

This reminds me of a question to which I have never figured out the answer. Perhaps someone can clear this up. I have seen the 1987 tour referred to as the Tango in the Night Tour and the Shake the Cage Tour. I remember going to several shows and it was called the Tango in the Night Tour, and listed that way on the programs and clothing that was sold.

What is the difference between the two? I do recall seeing things with Shake the Cage, such as shirts and could never figure out what it meant. I just assumed it was a previous tour prior to 1987.