The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   'Sisters of the Moon' - the power of Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58796)

greendaze5 11-30-2019 01:36 PM

'Sisters of the Moon' - the power of Stevie Nicks

Go to the 5:47 timemark:

"...of the Moon... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!..."

elle 11-30-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendaze5 (Post 1255044)

Go to the 5:47 timemark:

"...of the Moon... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!..."

when Stevie's voice was powerful and Lindsey's guitar solos were not yet neutered by SN not allowing him to do any.

one of her best songs.

HomerMcvie 11-30-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1255047)
when Stevie's voice was powerful and Lindsey's guitar solos were not yet neutered by SN not allowing him to do any.

one of her best songs.

I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again - $tevie Nicks is the worst thing that ever happened to FM. #nastyoldgoat

BLY 11-30-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1255050)
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again - $tevie Nicks is the worst thing that ever happened to FM. #nastyoldgoat

I would respectfully disagree. After 40+ years as a MAC fan the worst thing that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac was firing Lindsey Buckingham.

button-lip 11-30-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Agreed. SHE was the reason Lindsey was fired, no one else. Her "him or me" ultimatum was final. It was an easy decision, really. Millions were at stake, not to mention hundreds of jobs.

HomerMcvie 12-01-2019 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1255051)
I would respectfully disagree. After 40+ years as a MAC fan the worst thing that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac was firing Lindsey Buckingham.

Agreed...

But yet, WHO caused that?

The nasty old goat.

MY dream would have been $tevie leaving the band for good, to do her solo thing, and Lindsey and Chris fronting the band until....the end.

Like BuckVie!!! So, we got the last album, just not the part where the nasty old goat goes bleating off into the sunset...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms

HomerMcvie 12-01-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1255054)
Agreed. SHE was the reason Lindsey was fired, no one else. Her "him or me" ultimatum was final. It was an easy decision, really. Millions were at stake, not to mention hundreds of jobs.

And I wish her nothing but misery for her ultimatum.

I wanted to wish her a permanent itch somewhere, but people are so easily offended these days....:rolleyes::p

BLY 12-01-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1255058)
Agreed...

But yet, WHO caused that?

The nasty old goat.

MY dream would have been $tevie leaving the band for good, to do her solo thing, and Lindsey and Chris fronting the band until....the end.

Like BuckVie!!! So, we got the last album, just not the part where the nasty old goat goes bleating off into the sunset...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms

I will say that the Fleetwood Mac/BuckMcVie album speaks volumes.

button-lip 12-01-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1255059)
And I wish her nothing but misery for her ultimatum.

I wanted to wish her a permanent itch somewhere, but people are so easily offended these days....:rolleyes::p

Yeah, because last thing we know, it's the band's wish to give fans a last proper album the reason Nicks got Lindsey fired. So, basically, it's his own fault he was ousted….. ok...… :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

vivfox 12-01-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1255061)
Yeah, because last thing we know, it's the band's wish to give fans a last proper album

Well I seriously did have a dream last night that I was in a car with my mother and brother and the DJ on the radio said he was about to play cuts from the new Fleetwood Mac album.OMG was I ever excited. The first track was a Lindsey Buckingham song!! It sounded a bit like Caroline but it was a new song and then the next track was a Christine tune with LB prominent on the vocals as well and I remember thinking it reminded me of Hold Me a lot. Then came a brand new rendition of Smile At You!! This was an incredible vocal and a version that doesn't exist in real life but of course I knew all the words cause it's a released song already.They made it a serious rock and roll song and Stevie sounded like she did in 1981. But then somehow in the dream I was in my 20's again and then the dream ended. But it was so frikkin' cool to hear those 3 new songs that don't exist.

secondhandchain 12-01-2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

YUP!!! I can't even listen to them anymore. My lifelong (since I was 15) favorite band has been RUINED because of her.

secondhandchain 12-01-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1255066)
Well I seriously did have a dream last night that I was in a car with my mother and brother and the DJ on the radio said he was about to play cuts from the new Fleetwood Mac album.OMG was I ever excited. The first track was a Lindsey Buckingham song!! It sounded a bit like Caroline but it was a new song and then the next track was a Christine tune with LB prominent on the vocals as well and I remember thinking it reminded me of Hold Me a lot. Then came a brand new rendition of Smile At You!! This was an incredible vocal and a version that doesn't exist in real life but of course I knew all the words cause it's a released song already.They made it a serious rock and roll song and Stevie sounded like she did in 1981. But then somehow in the dream I was in my 20's again and then the dream ended. But it was so frikkin' cool to hear those 3 new songs that don't exist.

Your dream was pretty accurate because Stevie had to contribute on old song. NO GAS LEFT IN THE TANK.

HomerMcvie 12-02-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1255067)
YUP!!! I can't even listen to them anymore. My lifelong (since I was 15) favorite band has been RUINED because of her.

Same(although I did listen to BuckVie while driving on Thanksgiving).

My lifelong band since I was in 8th grade. It's RUINED. And we know who ruined it. I hope karma gets her big time, and nice and slow. Although she won't care. She's too self absorbed to regret anything outside her group of yes people.

I ask myself why I still come here... Because it's the band I've followed my entire life.

michelej1 12-02-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1255066)

But if we did get new songs, I hope they wouldn’t sound like old ones, because they would surely suffer by comparison.

vivfox 12-02-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1255068)
Your dream was pretty accurate because Stevie had to contribute on old song. NO GAS LEFT IN THE TANK.

Hahahahhahhahaa touche'