The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Prerecords (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58790)

bombaysaffires 11-26-2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1254967)
Yeah, it was specifically because Stevie wanted Taku on tour. :rolleyes:




If you read between the lines, like on a second grade level, itís obvious that Lindseyís insistence on prerecords was an issue within the band. Moreover, it suggests that the decision to oust Lindsey was made prior to MusiCares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1254983)
Just for fun, I'm going to say that the event Taku mentioned he was approached by SN at in 2018 was MusiCares Person of the Year event. He was on stage playing in the tribute performances before Fleetwood Mac did their mini-set. I think Don Was and Kenny Aronoff may've also been in the tribute performances band too.

but it was all due to the smirk....just a spontaneous decision. You know, before it was about not wanting to tour....:distress:

jbrownsjr 11-26-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1254982)
No. MONEY controls Mick, and Stevie is the golden goose.

Money = $tevie therefore, $tevie Controls Mick.

:thumbsup:

David 11-26-2019 02:19 PM

The prerecorded approach is impossible to generalize about. Sometimes it actually works best, I would imagine. If the audio doesn’t sound exactly like a studio track, it’s okay. In that case, there isn’t much difference between prerecorded audio and a stage full of backup guys, especially if the backup guys are playing prerecorded audio (because nobody is really looking at them very closely).

There have been times in the last twenty years when I would have preferred listening to a prerecorded Stevie or Lindsey lead vocal instead of a live one.

bombaysaffires 11-26-2019 03:53 PM

and just for clarification, when we say 'backup players are playing prerecorded tracks' we are in fact saying that the backup players are miming to the back up recordings....? Which seems doubly redundant. If they're there, and they're actually accomplished musicians, why not just let them play?
Is the insinuation that Lindsey was so controlling of the sound that he would allow no margin for deviation and so insisted on backup tracks?
I mean I get using recorded tracks to an extent on his solo tours, because there's so much complexity on those recordings, even just for example that he does umpteen different vocal layers that no one could reproduce live without hauling 15 singers on tour.. And he did on his first solo tour try to recreate everything live which required taking like 8 guitarists on the road with him, which had to have cost a small fortune. So yeah, in that case it makes way more sense to use tracks. That said he did do a whole tour with just himself and little to no recorded tracks:shrug:

Makes you wonder if when it came to FM the skills of the band members was becoming so unreliable over the course of a tour or just so eroded altogether that they'd embarrass themselves if they didn't use tracks. sorry, this is rambling but it's one of those topics where we can only speculate what was in people's heads.

Storms123 11-27-2019 08:21 AM

Christine really can't/doesn't play anymore. I won't discuss her inability to carry a tune here.
Before the LB debacle, Brett Tuggle would have been there "backing" her up on keys and playing guitar (as he had been on tours before she came back) With Brett going with LB, Stevie brought in her keys player. There has always been another drummer behind the stage (with or without Taku) And don't forget, Stevie has been "helping" with percussion for years with those magnificent tambo skills--LOL.
Point being, the band, as do many bands, bring in backing musicians for support. Taku played on a tour while LB was still in the band.
Let's just be grateful they aren't lip synching like other musicians have taken too.

cbBen 11-27-2019 09:30 AM

As I've long said, they decided to fire Lindsey before MusiCares but couldn't pull that trigger until after the event.

So by the time Lindsey backed off his demandsĖto delay FM with a tour supporting his compilation of solo material, or to intersperse solo shows on FM off daysĖthe decision to fire him had already been finalized.

That's why the conflicting narratives ("we reached an impasse" vs. "I acquiesced to their demands and they fired me anyway") are each accurate in the minds of the respective parties.

button-lip 11-27-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1254994)
As I've long said, they decided to fire Lindsey before MusiCares but couldn't pull that trigger until after the event.

So by the time Lindsey backed off his demandsĖto delay FM with a tour supporting his compilation of solo material, or to intersperse solo shows on FM off daysĖthe decision to fire him had already been finalized.

That's why the conflicting narratives ("we reached an impasse" vs. "I acquiesced to their demands and they fired me anyway") are each accurate in the minds of the respective parties.

Nothing is inaccurate on Lindsey's mind. I'm sure he understood the decision had already been made even though he backed off his demands. I'm sure he realized this had already been planning since Classic East. But he probably thought that after, what? 43 years of work , they could, maybe, I don't know, made an exception? Change their minds? Pardon him for whatever he may have done? :shrug:

Because truth is we still don't know what was exactly that he did that was soooooo terrible that they couldn't change their minds, no matter what.

There's no misunderstanding in what they did in any minds.

BigAl84 11-28-2019 09:34 AM

I just listened to a video of you make loving fun from the tail end of this tour and it was so slow and lagging that I didnít even recognize the song at first. Itís no wonder they needed something to keep the engine running.

Also, Iím wondering if any pre recorded harmonies were a way to get around stevies most likely insistence to add her off key harmonies to the mix. Lindsey isnít often perfect by any means but good lord her harmonies during The Chain on this last tour...yikes.

BigAl84 11-28-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1255002)
Nothing is inaccurate on Lindsey's mind. I'm sure he understood the decision had already been made even though he backed off his demands. I'm sure he realized this had already been planning since Classic East. But he probably thought that after, what? 43 years of work , they could, maybe, I don't know, made an exception? Change their minds? Pardon him for whatever he may have done? :shrug:

Because truth is we still don't know what was exactly that he did that was soooooo terrible that they couldn't change their minds, no matter what.

There's no misunderstanding in what they did in any minds.

Lindsey made the mistake of loving them like family instead of realizing what pieces of sh*t they really were under it all.

button-lip 11-28-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1255015)
Lindsey made the mistake of loving them like family instead of realizing what pieces of sh*t they really were under it all.

Ditto! I really, really, really hope he doesn't fall into their trap anymore.

michelej1 11-29-2019 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1254962)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: so now Lindsey was fired because he would not allow to get rid of pre-recorded tracks?? right..........

seriously though, the Taku story explains his loyalty to SN and his glowing praises to the band that toured last year in his social media posts. plus, it's not like Taku has not ditched Lindsey in the past, during UTS tour when he got better gig.

Lindsey was fired because his music sensibilities are not as authentic as the others? That makes sense.

Was Lindsey also the one who insisted that Mick wear the drum vest and grunt to prerecorded vocals?

Man, he ruined that band.

jbrownsjr 12-04-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1255028)
Lindsey was fired because his music sensibilities are not as authentic as the others? That makes sense.

Was Lindsey also the one who insisted that Mick wear the drum vest and grunt to prerecorded vocals?

Man, he ruined that band.

The Tango VHS/DVD video in San Fran is hilarious.

michelej1 12-08-2019 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1255123)
The Tango VHS/DVD video in San Fran is hilarious.

Remember when Lindsey left in 1987 and Chris said that having all those musicians on stage for the tour, starting with Billy, was just them following what Lindsey had envisioned if he had stayed? The man forced them to hire loads of musicians for a more live sound and then, years later, he forced them to use pre-recorded tracks. He was just trouble.

secondhandchain 12-08-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1255172)
Remember when Lindsey left in 1987 and Chris said that having all those musicians on stage for the tour, starting with Billy, was just them following what Lindsey had envisioned if he had stayed? The man forced them to hire loads of musicians for a more live sound and then, years later, he forced them to use pre-recorded tracks. He was just trouble.

That Tango video is the most embarrassing thing the band has EVER DONE. When Lindsey left what did tambourine witch do? She made them do extreme closeups of her that were the most cringe worthy thing I have ever seen. I was a HUGE fan of hers then and I could not watch it. Got douche chills and had to turn off the video and threw it right in the trash where it belonged. YIKES

jbrownsjr 12-09-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1255179)
That Tango video is the most embarrassing thing the band has EVER DONE. When Lindsey left what did tambourine witch do? She made them do extreme closeups of her that were the most cringe worthy thing I have ever seen. I was a HUGE fan of hers then and I could not watch it. Got douche chills and had to turn off the video and threw it right in the trash where it belonged. YIKES

I have to agree, the direction and production of the Video is an absolute fail.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved