The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Opening Night Pictures/Videos/Reviews (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54307)

welcomechris 09-30-2014 06:58 PM

Opening Night Pictures/Videos/Reviews

We've been waiting for 16 years for Christine to tour with the Mac again, and tonight is the night she rejoins Fleetwood Mac for their On With The Show tour!

OPENING NIGHT - TARGET CENTER - MINNEAPOLIS, MN - SEPTEMBER 30, 2014

Let's post pictures, reviews, and videos here!

Here's two pictures

@officialfleetwoodmac begins their much anticipated #OnWithTheShow tour TONIGHT in Minneapolis with #ChristineMcVie for the first time in 16 years! #FleetwoodMac #StevieNicks #LindseyBuckingham #MickFleetwood #JohnMcVie

welcomechris 09-30-2014 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go! The setlist

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Second Hand News
Everywhere
I Know I’m Not Wrong
Tusk
Sisters of the Moon
Say You Love Me
Seven Wonders
Big Love
Landslide
Never Going Back Again
Over My Head
Gypsy
Little Lies
Gold Dust Woman
I’m So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
Encore
World Turning
Don’t Stop
Silver Springs
Encore 2
Songbird

KenshiMaster16 09-30-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1145510)
Here we go! The setlist

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Second Hand News
Everywhere
I Know I’m Not Wrong
Tusk
Sisters of the Moon
Say You Love Me
Seven Wonders
Big Love
Landslide
Never Going Back Again
Over My Head
Gypsy
Little Lies
Gold Dust Woman
I’m So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
Encore
World Turning
Don’t Stop
Silver Springs
Encore 2
Songbird

Wow, holy crap. So the first time since 1988 that Stand Back isn't part of the set. Seven Wonders and Little Lies are present. No Brown Eyes even though that had been brought up, in fact, No Christine Tusk track at all (seems a bit bizarre given the Tusk section is still present). Chain and Dreams apart in the set for the first time in ages. Sara dropped but Gypsy remains. No Hold Me. Over My Head returns despite being dropped in time for The Dance tour.

Definitely an interesting set.

Andy Man 09-30-2014 07:29 PM

Very interesting. Wonder if this was taken today as it indicates on the photo that it was the setlist as of September 15th.

Too bad that it seems that 'Brown Eyes' was taken off...there should be a Christine song thrown in the 'Tusk' section.

And, of course, let's hope 'Hold Me' is still in there...Good to see 'Gypsy'.

mike_nh 09-30-2014 07:33 PM

I wonder which reaction will be louder the first note of you make loving fun or songbird?

elle 09-30-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Man (Post 1145513)
Very interesting. Wonder if this was taken today as it indicates on the photo that it was the setlist as of September 15th.

Too bad that it seems that 'Brown Eyes' was taken off...there should be a Christine song thrown in the 'Tusk' section.

And, of course, let's hope 'Hold Me' is still in there...Good to see 'Gypsy'.

it's from today. setlist taped to the stage. photo taken by a friend of mine.

Andy Man 09-30-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1145516)
it's from today. setlist taped to the stage. photo taken by a friend of mine.

Good to know. Thanks.

So it looks pretty evenly distributed. 8 songs a piece (World Turning counting as the 8th track for McVie/Buckingham).

StevieNicksfann 09-30-2014 07:36 PM

No Hold Me or Rhiannon?

WatchChain 09-30-2014 07:38 PM

I am THRILLED that "Stand Back" is OUT of the set. It has no place in a MAC set.

On the other hand, WHAT HAPPENENED TO "Hold Me" and "Brown Eyes".....WHAT A BUMMER !!!!!! These were two of the set list RARITIES that I was SO looking forward to.

BigAl84 09-30-2014 07:39 PM

That was a typo - Rhiannon is after Second Hand News

KenshiMaster16 09-30-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann (Post 1145519)
No Hold Me or Rhiannon?

Hold Me is MIA, Rhiannon's after Second Hand News in the photo.

mottabam 09-30-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann (Post 1145519)
No Hold Me or Rhiannon?

Was hoping for Hold Me but no Rhiannon is beyond shocking to me.

The Catdancer 09-30-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1145527)
Was hoping for Hold Me but no Rhiannon is beyond shocking to me.

Rhiannon comes after SHN in the photo :)

mottabam 09-30-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Catdancer (Post 1145528)
Rhiannon comes after SHN in the photo :)

Thanks...just couldn't imagine that track being dropped.

mottabam 09-30-2014 07:47 PM

Besides the addition of Christine's songs and Seven Wonders really not much difference between last 2 tours. Hold Me and Brown Eyes would have been welcomed by long time fans.

BigAl84 09-30-2014 07:49 PM

Maybe, just maybe...since they had these backups in their back pocket...maybe they will rotate Hold Me and Brown Eyes in and out of the set from night to night?

I think playing a corporate gig as a soft opener for a tour is a tough spot to be in. If they played Brown Eyes in Chicago, I bet half the place went to the bathroom and they got cold feet as a result.

StevieNicksfann 09-30-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1145525)
That was a typo - Rhiannon is after Second Hand News

Got it, thanks. I wanted Over My Head but I must say not at the expense of Hold Me.

PenguinHead 09-30-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1145533)
Maybe, just maybe...since they had these backups in their back pocket...maybe they will rotate Hold Me and Brown Eyes in and out of the set from night to night?

Wishful thinking. But when has this band ever done anything like that? The set list is usually set in stone, except for when they drop a song. I'm so happy Stand Back is gone for now. It's alright, it alright!

jbrownsjr 09-30-2014 08:09 PM

Over My Head is sooooooooooooooo boring.. .so is Gypsy

wheart 09-30-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1145544)

yeah I'm really surprised they included Over My Head. And Sisters of the Moon really didn't need to return after last year. Ugh.

Andy Man 09-30-2014 08:11 PM

Over My Head is a beautiful studio track...one of my fav. Christine songs. But live...never worked great. It might be interesting if they 'rock' it up like they did on the Live 1980 album.

Gypsy is okay live however, like Dreams, it lacks the studio magic that makes it so special on the album.

StevieNicksfann 09-30-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1145544)

I thought Gypsy was great last tour. It got revived with new energy somehow. I'm glad it's in. But man was I looking forward to Hold Me

The Catdancer 09-30-2014 08:13 PM

What time is the show starting? No, I'm not impatient :lol:

jbrownsjr 09-30-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann (Post 1145547)
I thought Gypsy was great last tour. It got revived with new energy somehow. I'm glad it's in. But man was I looking forward to Hold Me

So upset about Hold Me... :mad:

mottabam 09-30-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Catdancer (Post 1145549)
What time is the show starting? No, I'm not impatient :lol:

Just heard the lights just went down. Any minute now.

jbrownsjr 09-30-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1145552)

crickets?????

wheart 09-30-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1145551)
So upset about Hold Me... :mad:

Hold Me was a major hit...Like #4 or something. Leaving it out is a big mistake.

The Catdancer 09-30-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1145552)

Thanks. Here we go.... I got goosebumps.

mottabam 09-30-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1145553)
crickets?????

Not sure, I'm not there. I suppose the crickets track.

jmn3 09-30-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Man (Post 1145546)
Over My Head is a beautiful studio track...one of my fav. Christine songs. But live...never worked great. It might be interesting if they 'rock' it up like they did on the Live 1980 album.

Gypsy is okay live however, like Dreams, it lacks the studio magic that makes it so special on the album.

Playing Over My Head the way they did back in the 70's (as represented on the Live album) is the only way that the song will be an interesting/good choice. The Dance DVD version (which, if this is correct, is likely what we will get), was a complete snoozefest.

Gypsy could have (and should have IMO) stayed off for this tour. Stevie is unable or unwilling to hit so many of the high notes that make the song tolerable live. I completely agree that like Dreams, this one just never translates very well to the stage. The Mirage video version is interesting and includes some incredible playing by Buckingham at the end, and I really liked the version on the Dance DVD....but other than that, blah!

jmn3 09-30-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1145554)
Hold Me was a major hit...Like #4 or something. Leaving it out is a big mistake.

I agree...I can't believe they dropped (maybe, nothings confirmed yet) this one yet again. It is a great song with a memorable video and while people will complain that it was ragged or not so polished on the Mirage Tour, with the "Mini-Mac" army that they have up on stage ever since The Dance, there's no reason they haven't resurrected this one.

Wdm6789 09-30-2014 08:25 PM

No! C'mon.

Hold Me and Brown Eyes would have been much better than Over My Head. They would have been great surprises for the diehard fans, especially Hold Me.

bethelblues 09-30-2014 08:27 PM

Dreams did translate very well in the 70s. The live videos of Stevie at the peak of her vocal ability were fabulous. I think it's one of the band's very best songs...maybe, just maybe, Christine's voice will improve what many here feel has become very stale.

Bummed about Hold Me and Brown Eyes. Over My Head is not one I wanted to see in this list. Not when she could also be doing Oh Daddy, Why, or Isn't It Midnight. It's going to sound very Adult Contemporary like Say You Love Me and won't rock at all. Disappointed...especially after the most recent leaked setlist of 26 songs really looked the most promising. Blue Letter is so much fun as well. Well, let's see how they sound. I guess Little Lies and Seven Wonders are the ones to look out for, since they haven't been done in eons...oh, and also Christine's current voice.

wheart 09-30-2014 08:29 PM

pics already up on facebook. Lindsey is not in leather...rather a quite sharp blazer like jacket. Stevie's wearing black. :D

BlueLight 09-30-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1145564)
pics already up on facebook. Lindsey is not in leather...rather a quite sharp blazer like jacket. Stevie's wearing black. :D

They look great! Love the blazer, and Stevie looks gorgeous. And thankfully, the boots are still back!! :D

WatchChain 09-30-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1145542)
I'm so happy Stand Back is gone for now. It's alright, it alright!

Honey, you got that RIGHT! I've been "needing to be standin' in" THAT LINE at Stevie/FM concerts for over 30 years now". Let's give that tired broken down horse a REST!! Thanks for giving us a little sympathy and cutting it. I guess somebody in the band talked some sense into the High Priestess. "Stand Back" is the most overrated Stevie Nicks song ever recorded. It was fun for a few years in the 80's, but it sounds VERY dated now. Moreover, it CERTAINLY DOES NOT belong in a Fleetwood Mac set.

StevieNicksfann 09-30-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1145566)
Honey, you got that RIGHT! I've been "needing to be standin' in" THAT LINE at Stevie/FM concerts for over 30 years now". Let's give that tired broken down horse a REST!! Thanks for giving us a little sympathy and cutting it. I guess somebody in the band talked some sense into the High Priestess. "Stand Back" is the most overrated Stevie Nicks song ever recorded. It was fun for a few years in the 80's, but it sounds VERY dated now. Moreover, it CERTAINLY DOES NOT belong in a Fleetwood Mac set.

To each their own. It's one of my fave Stevie songs and I love the energy t has when Christine plays keyboards on it. I wish it was still in there but understand it's omission especially to get Seven Wonders

WatchChain 09-30-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Where can we see those Facebook clips?

gldstwmn 09-30-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Do you have a link?

AliceLover 09-30-2014 08:49 PM

According to twitter, Christine thanked all 4 band members for letting her
comeback before blasting into Everywhere!