The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kristen Buckingham: Lindsey had open heart surgery (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58540)

jeets2000 02-08-2019 03:31 PM

Kristen Buckingham: Lindsey had open heart surgery

lovethemac1 02-08-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeets2000 (Post 1248382)

OMF'G GOD! I am stunned, and SSSSOOOOOO relieved he is ok. I'm actually shaking.

That poor guy, I love him and his family so much. If Stevie so much as waltzes back in to pay her respects, I will F*IN LOSE my ****.

Street_Dreamer 02-08-2019 03:41 PM

Seeing this makes me very emotional... I'm so thankful that he is recovering.

button-lip 02-08-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1248385)
OMF'G GOD! I am stunned, and SSSSOOOOOO relieved he is ok. I'm actually shaking.

That poor guy, I love him and his family so f*in much. If Stevie so much as waltzes back in to pay her respects, I will F*IN LOSE my ****.

When I read those first words, "I'm sad to say..." and saw Lindsey's pic, my heart stopped. I was certainly not expecting this.

This is a tough period for Lindsey and his family. I hope they are ok, emotionally and physically.

I don't even wanna talk about that woman. She's on tour being happy. She finally got what she wanted. Please, leave it at that.

Street_Dreamer 02-08-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1248387)
I don't even wanna talk about that woman. She's on tour being happy. She finally got what she wanted. Please, leave it at that.

I agree. If anyone finds out where we can send well wishes to Lindsey, please post it here. I'm sure someone will if that information become available.

fleetwoodguy79 02-08-2019 03:49 PM

I knew that a day like this would come eventually and will never be prepared for it. Incredibly thankful that he’s still with us. Can’t imagine what his family is going through right now.

This hit me really hard. It’s going to be with me for a while. Speaks volumes for how his music has affected my life. I’m certain that I’m not alone...

RockyRaccoon 02-08-2019 03:51 PM

Maybe the members of the band might actually think to reach out to him. After something like this, it just goes to show that you never know when it might be too late.

Storms123 02-08-2019 03:55 PM

This made me emotional Very emotional Thank god they caught it and he looks well.

button-lip 02-08-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 (Post 1248389)
I knew that a day like this would come eventually and will never be prepared for it. Incredibly thankful that he’s still with us. Can’t imagine what his family is going through right now.

This hit me really hard. It’s going to be with me for a while. Speaks volumes for how his music has affected my life. I’m certain that I’m not alone...

It hit me really hard too, and all I care about is his and his family's recovery. :(:(:(

His tour can wait. His former band members: I don't care.

sands of time 02-08-2019 04:05 PM

:(:(:(:(:(

justdreamin 02-08-2019 04:19 PM

Besides hoping for a full recovery as soon as possible, I hope the trauma to his vocal chords is just temporary. I also can't help but wonder what might have happened if he had toured with FM. All that stress... It might have just saved his life to have been doing the things he's done on his own terms (somewhat) this year. Brightest blessings to all.

Macfan4life 02-08-2019 04:23 PM

OMG
Praying for a speedy and full recovery
So scary. This was always Lindsey's deep fear after losing his father and brother at young ages to sudden heart problems.
God Bless you Lindsey
We love you very much!

luminol 02-08-2019 04:50 PM

I just saw her post and am SO GRATEFUL that he seems to be recovering... WOW, SO SCARY and shocking... Life is short and none of us know which sunrise will be our last. What a shock for him and his family. Thinking of them...

David 02-08-2019 04:51 PM

Guy's always been an unstoppable dynamo onstage, so maybe his recovery will be all the speedier.

BlanketMan 02-08-2019 05:00 PM

Such a shock to read this. I sure hope he recovers fully. He looked/sounded so great on Nov 30 when I saw his show in PA. Thank goodness he sought medical care and seems to be on the mend.

I had tickets to see Mike Nesmith and Micky Dolenz in June of 2018, and the show was cancelled last minute because Mike had to have emergency heart surgery, also. I bring it up because Mike is back on the road and looking/sounding great, and says he's feeling so much better than the weeks before the problem was found, so we can only hope Lindsey's recovery goes just as well, also.