The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which lady of the Mac do you prefer? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43862)

MissLadyLoki 05-17-2010 07:58 PM

Which lady of the Mac do you prefer?

Just doing a quick poll before I leave for a week. Simple question, self-explanatory.

StreetAngel95 05-17-2010 08:04 PM

Well, since trying to pick a favorite Mac girl was all too difficult, i went with Lindsey!

Besides, musically, he's the most talented out of all of 'em put together!

tilthefirefades 05-17-2010 08:07 PM

What about Bekka? :shocked:

jus sayin'

MissLadyLoki 05-17-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 890688)

jus sayin'

Didn't really think of her. The Stevie-Chris debate is sorta like the Dave-Sammy debate with Van Halen, and Bekka is a bit like Gary Cherone in VH: the person that tends not to really be associated as a lead singer in the band.

RickRobert 05-17-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Bekka

:distress:

I suppose I'll go with Sheryl Cro-oh wait

Can't choose between Stevie, Chris and Lindsey, so Grace Slick it is! Though I always prefered Mickey Thomas

tilthefirefades 05-17-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 890690)
Didn't really think of her. The Stevie-Chris debate is sorta like the Dave-Sammy debate with Van Halen, and Bekka is a bit like Gary Cherone in VH: the person that tends not to really be associated as a lead singer in the band.

Bekka deserves her fair share of credit too. She has one hell of a voice, and her only fault was doing Stevie songs on the Time tour. This would be like doing a "men of the mac?" poll, and forgetting Billy Burnette and Rick Vito :eek::shocked::eek:

MissLadyLoki 05-17-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 890695)
Bekka deserves her fair share of credit too. She has one hell of a voice, and her only fault was doing Stevie songs on the Time tour. This would be like doing a "men of the mac?" poll, and forgetting Billy Burnette and Rick Vito :eek::shocked::eek:

Sorry, she just never came to mind for me. I was thinking primarily of Stevie and Chris duking it out.

bluefox4000 05-17-2010 08:44 PM

Stevie. Easy choice. I love Chris but Stevie's got grit in her voice which I love. I just love raspy scarred voices

Mick

chelluversu 05-17-2010 09:05 PM

I could never choose between Stevie and Chris...
even though Stevie was the first that I saw, it was Chris that got me.
It may seem to my friends that I'm obsessed with Stevie because I have more of her stuff than Chris, but that's only because Stevie was more successful (meaning more stuff and concerts). Chris also holds a special place in my heart because she plays piano and so do I.
I will never choose between the two...

Miss Vicky 05-17-2010 09:08 PM

Thanks for sticking up for Bekka, Anthony. :thumbsup:

And yeah, Bekka gets my vote without question. She is hands down my favorite female vocalist. Period.

ButterCookie 05-18-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

jus sayin'

Sorry, I just actually spat my cereal :lol:

I voted for Chris... surprisingly :rolleyes: I can't put my finger on what it is that I love most about her. Her beautifully smooth voice, her worderful, thought provoking lyrics, her sheer musical genius (I'm yet to find someone else who can play Tusk on the accordion whilst dancing, screaming and having just finished playing the chair) or her amazing looks? Either way, she's what makes Fleetwood Mac for me.

Meowi 05-18-2010 02:18 AM

I just could not decide...

chriskisn 05-18-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 890715)
Thanks for sticking up for Bekka, Anthony. :thumbsup:

And yeah, Bekka gets my vote without question. She is hands down my favorite female vocalist. Period.

Well why not, I'll throw in another pointless uncounted vote for Bekka. Gotta love that girl!

jaycee 05-18-2010 07:20 AM

Christine. She contributed more material to the band, both before and during the Rumours era... although Stevie's voice is contribution enough, which makes it feel like a task of splitting hairs to me to choose between the two. :)

Miss Vicky 05-18-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 890740)
Sorry, I just actually spat my cereal :lol:

I assume that was a scoff of derision?

Question: Other than her songs on Time, how familiar are you with Bekka's work?