The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Stevie songs do you hope FM Will perform for their next tour? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57737)

bwboy 03-05-2018 09:01 PM

What Stevie songs do you hope FM Will perform for their next tour?

Stevie said in an interview she'd like FM to perform some deep cuts for their next tour. From what I know, there are a handful of SN songs that FM has never performed live, and a few songs that were only performed once.

Songs never performed live by the Rumours lineup:
Crystal
Fireflies
Straight Back
When I See You Again
Welcome to the Room... Sara

Only performed once live by the Rumours lineup:
I Don't Want to Know (supposedly during the Rumours tour 1977)
Storms (Unleashed 2009)
Beautiful Child (2004)
Angel (Tusk 1980)
Seven Wonders (On With the Show 2015)

Sisters of the Moon (3 tours)
Silver Springs (2 tours)

Performed almost every tour:
Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Gypsy

I would love to hear I Don't Want to Know, That's Alright, and Crystal. Straight Back, either Storms or Beautiful Child, and Angel would be fine, too

So, which of the deep cuts would you like to hear?

JohnL 03-06-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221112)
Stevie said in an interview she'd like FM to perform some deep cuts for their next tour. From what I know, there are a handful of SN songs that FM has never performed live, and a few songs that were only performed once.

Crystal
Fireflies
Straight Back
When I See You Again

Storms (Unleashed 2009)
Beautiful Child (2004)
Angel (Tusk 1980)

Silver Springs (2 tours)

Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Gypsy

I would love to hear I Don't Want to Know, That's Alright, and Crystal. Straight Back, either Storms or Beautiful Child, and Angel would be fine, too

I would love to hear Fireflies, Straight Back, Thats Alright, and Crystal. I think Welcome to the Room would be decent live also. If this truly is their last tour together, then I think they should throw in some solo songs by all 3 of them.

Hawkeye 03-06-2018 11:32 AM

I hope they play at least one song that has been released on all their past reissues the last few years. Like perform Ile at You but the Mirage version with the piano arrangement. And if anyone responds to this saying “well she can’t do it justice like that” I will find out where you live and strangle you the way stevie is always threatening! (Just kidding) justbwaycj gold dust woman and moonlight from the 25 karat tour, she CAN deliver any song any way she wants, it’s just whether or not that’ll be a song she chooses to try on. This isn’t out of the question, stevie performing a demo version of her song that she prefers, not hats basically what she did with Love Is and that demo was never even officially released yet.

Other songs along that thinking are think about it or sorcerer done with Lindsey or stevie and Chris alone on stage doing the planets piano demo!

I have very high standards for the rarities they plan on doing. Pulling out one of her tusk songs (while I freaking love them all) just won’t cut it.

Macfan4life 03-06-2018 03:00 PM

I wont say the songs "I hope" because they would never get played. The Mac is extremely conservative when it comes to set lists.

The MOST daring I think they will get is a possible "I don't want to know". Its from Rumours so everyone knows it. I think there is a chance of beautiful child or Angel being played too.

sue 03-06-2018 03:45 PM

Angel, Crystal, Crying in the night..

Andyleo 03-06-2018 05:04 PM

I would die to hear Angel, Thrown Down, That's Alright or Fireflies.

Macfan4life 03-06-2018 05:39 PM

Oh I hope Mick does get his way and makes them play one Buckingham/Nicks song. Its about time for Frozen Love. Now THAT would be so amazing!

bwboy 03-06-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyleo (Post 1221126)
I would die to hear Angel, Thrown Down, That's Alright or Fireflies.

Thrown Down is really one of my all time favorite FM songs.

StevieNicksfann 03-07-2018 02:26 AM

I Don't Want To Know
Seven Wonders - some didn't get to see this on the last tour - but please speed up the tempo on this song.
Angel
Straight Back
No Questions Asked
Paper Doll
Say You Will
Love Is Dangerous - with Lindsey of course
Beautiful Child

although I also love Thrown Down and Affairs of The Heart, I'm not sure they would sound great live unless they punched them up.

bwboy 03-07-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann (Post 1221129)
I Don't Want To Know
Seven Wonders - some didn't get to see this on the last tour - but please speed up the tempo on this song.
Angel
Straight Back
No Questions Asked
Paper Doll
Say You Will
Love Is Dangerous - with Lindsey of course
Beautiful Child

although I also love Thrown Down and Affairs of The Heart, I'm not sure they would sound great live unless they punched them up.

Lindsey sing Love is Dangerous with Stevie? I would love that! But the likelihood of that happening is about the same as Stevie ever recording with FM again.

No Questions Asked would be incredible, but I can't see Lindsey agreeing to do it, plus the guitar playing may not be something he can pull off.

I love Straight Back, but I wonder how it would sound live. I think FM could pull it off, though.

StreetAngel95 03-07-2018 10:56 AM

I genuinely think that there's a a chance we hear Angel. They've unearthed a Tusk song ever since the Say You Will tour: Beautiful Child, Storms, Sisters of the Moon, and Think About Me. The key for Angel would only need to be taken down slightly, so I will hold out some hope.

As for dream songs? I would give my right arm to hear Fireflies live, as it would be fitting for their last tour (let's be realistic people). With Christine back, I think anything from SYW would be ruled out, save Bleed to Love Her, but I think hearing Destiny Rules or Everybody Finds Out would be beyond epic.

But knowing our Mac, there will likely only be one surprise. So here's hoping we get a BN song! Frozen Love sounded so amazing the way it was arranged when Fleetwood Mac played it in 75 - Lindsey could absolutely reformat it to make it sound authentic.

ricohv 03-07-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221112)

Crystal
Fireflies
Straight Back
When I See You Again

Storms (Unleashed 2009)
Beautiful Child (2004)
Angel (Tusk 1980)

Silver Springs (2 tours)

Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Gypsy

Seven Wonders was also played in the TITN tour, but not again until 2015.
Ricoh

Andyleo 03-08-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221128)
Thrown Down is really one of my all time favorite FM songs.

Same here! Love it, and she could really do it justice live.

bwboy 03-08-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1221139)
Seven Wonders was also played in the TITN tour, but not again until 2015.
Ricoh

Yes, but I was referring only to the Rumours era lineup, which performed SW for the first time on the On With the Show tour.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Rick Vito/Billy Burnette era, and wish they had released more material with FM.

annabellee 03-08-2018 03:39 PM

Angel.
Frozen Love.
As Long As You Follow.

That's all.