The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Go play Buckingham/McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58411)

BLY 12-09-2018 09:00 PM

Go play Buckingham/McVie

Go play this album and crank up the volume and enjoy a great a Fleetwood Mac jam from this band. Every song is amazing.

jbrownsjr 12-09-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1245420)
Go play this album and crank up the volume and enjoy a great a Fleetwood Mac jam from this band. Every song is amazing.

I have come back to this album and I thought it sounded to crisp and wonderful.

I even appreciated Red Sun (the chorus is amazing) and Lay Down for Free more than prior listens.

What a beautiful album. Carnival Begin was a fantastic way to end the album.

BLY 12-09-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1245422)

I even appreciated Red Sun (the chorus is amazing) and Lay Down for Free more than prior listens.

What a beautiful album. Carnival Begin was a fantastic way to end the album.

Yes... I love this album so much.... Red Sun is probably my favorite. I crank it up as loud as I can when it comes on.....so Fleetwood Mac!

DownOnRodeo 12-09-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1245422)

Producing a solid chorus that has "pop" is really one of Lindsey's hallmarks. :nod:
He puts the "pop" in pop.

HomerMcvie 12-10-2018 12:41 AM

The best album since Mirage.

Yes, that includes Tango.

cbBen 12-10-2018 02:00 AM

Buckingham Nicks

I share everyone's enuthiasm for Buckingham McVie, but Buckingham Nicks is the best non-FM any of them ever did. I listen to that album and the only thing about Stevie I think about is how damn good she is (c. 1973).

"But she could come curling 'round you – like fingers" –S. Nicks, "Crying In The Night"

Macfan4life 12-10-2018 05:40 AM

It is a great album. I think they got screwed out of a Grammy nomination. IMHO this fantastic album and tour led to this insanity of the band today. Still worth it IMHO.

jbrownsjr 12-10-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1245450)
It is a great album. I think they got screwed out of a Grammy nomination. IMHO this fantastic album and tour led to this insanity of the band today. Still worth it IMHO.

I think it was Grammy worthy, too.

On Ice 12-10-2018 08:45 AM

I agree, Buckingham McVie is fantastic from start to finish, nice tight choruses great music and harkening back to the past without being tacky- "would you ever think about me". Carnival Begin is one of Christine's best tunes and Love is here to Stay one of Lindsey's prettiest. It is definitely the best "Fleetwood Mac" album since Mirage. Had Stevie only brought her A-Game, what could've been an amazing send off wasn't meant to be.

DownOnRodeo 12-10-2018 09:00 AM

I find it a bit painful to listen to "On With The Show" on this album--a truly splendid Fleetwood Mac track (wow, if THIS had been one of the new tracks on The Dance!!) that now has the darkest, saddest context.

Lindsey:
As long as I stand I will take your hand
I will stand with my band
Let's get on with the show

Stevie: Nah.

jbrownsjr 12-10-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245458)
I find it a bit painful to listen to "On With The Show" on this album--a truly splendid Fleetwood Mac track (wow, if THIS had been one of the new tracks on The Dance!!) that now has the darkest, saddest context.

Lindsey:
As long as I stand I will take your hand
I will stand with my band
Let's get on with the show

Stevie: Nah.

In my world everybody stays
Nobody wishes for words and lyrics they couldn't say
Bless my soul
Let the night unfurl
Dancin' spinnin' dreamin'
Singing in my world