The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you think the new record is done? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7638)

joe68 10-29-2002 08:45 PM

Do you think the new record is done?

I remember first hearing the final track listing for Stevie's "Trouble in Shangri-la" in January even though the record wasnt released until May. If thats the case with the new Mac record, I'm thinking its nearly complete and thats how all these magazines know the song titles. I guess this is a good way to create "da buzz"!

Anyway, I wouldnt be surprised if we start hearing snippets of these new songs on the internet any time now...

FiercestCalmSea 10-29-2002 10:01 PM

I would hope it is near completion...i mean,as much as i love the Mac,the can't take forever to do a freakin album...it's like..let's get moving...they've been working on it for well over a year now..as for hearing snippets..i wonder...since it is not being recorded in a regular studio,not as many people have access to the songs..so there might not be as much of a chance for them to get leaked right? Not that i don't wanna hear them..i'm just saying...

Street_Dreamer 10-29-2002 10:24 PM

I sincerely hope that we DO NOT get ANY sort of "snippets" of ANYTHING from the new album unless it is done so by the record company.

Matt

BigAl84 10-29-2002 10:51 PM

i remember mick saying..again on that guitar center interview that they wanted to have it out by christmas...but since it would be moved to a double disc...they needed more time. Im sure they might be finishing up some tracks and then the mastering, cover art...label approval...contractual agreements etc.... i bet they are close..

Alex

ps

i dont mean to keep refering to that interview..but it made the most sense to mention it. If it were done by now they wouldnt of moved it back to spring etc...

chiliD 10-29-2002 11:22 PM

I'd guess that the RECORDING is done...what's being done now is the final mixing & mastering...final song selection & album tracking...CD & tape duplication...the cover art...video shoots...tour venue planning, etc. All what is known "the biz" as "post-production". :)

Sorcerer386 10-30-2002 01:03 AM

Quote:

I'd guess that the RECORDING is done...what's being done now is the final mixing & mastering...final song selection & album tracking...CD & tape duplication...the cover art...video shoots...tour venue planning, etc. All what is known "the biz" as "post-production".
Yeah, probably like the same thing that Stevie said on Storytellers. She said Rumours was actually recorded in the first two months, but it took another eight months after that to get everything worked out (plus, I don't think I pipe-dreamed this one, but didn't they have to start over or something because the masters caught on fire during Rumours?). Or, maybe Stevie's yappy dogs are just causing too much of a disturbance, and Lindsey has to take a break every 15 minutes for some Wheat Thins! Who really knows what's going on? I just really hope it's NOT trouble with record companies.

DownOnRodeo 10-30-2002 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sorcerer386
Who really knows what's going on? I just really hope it's NOT trouble with record companies.
Yeah, April 2003 is just so long away for something that is by all rights near completion. It just seems like George and Susan's wedding date - as far over the horizon as possible! lol!:distress:

Mac Fan 10-30-2002 08:23 AM

I hope we don't have to wait too long.

seteca 10-30-2002 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Fan
The tour will begin April 2003; the album will released in the same month.....and yep, for me 6 month IS waaaay too long.:)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

David 10-31-2002 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Fan
Signed, sealed, delivered ... it's ours!