The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lets Talk About Cyndi.... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28333)

foxyluva 08-18-2006 05:33 PM

Lets Talk About Cyndi....

I feel a new obsession coming on....

The songs "Who Let in the Rain" (Thanks Carrie for the recommendation) and "I Drove All Night" are on the top of my playlist at the moment, but of course I love the classics like "True Colours" "Who Let in the Rain" "Time After Time" etc....

Lets talk Cyndi fans :D

carrie721 08-18-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva (Post 562390)
I feel a new obsession coming on....

The songs "Who Let in the Rain" (Thanks Carrie for the recommendation) and "I Drove All Night" are on the top of my playlist at the moment, but of course I love the classics like "True Colours" "Who Let in the Rain" "Time After Time" etc....

Lets talk Cyndi fans :D

oh, god ... i drove all night. that song gets me hot and bothered!! have you seen the video??? dude. have you heard "shine" or "above the clouds"?? did i send you the body acoustic?

actually, "above the clouds" is my ringtone. :o

so, which albums of hers do you have?

DrummerDeanna 08-18-2006 05:45 PM

I only have 12 Deadly Cyns but I have to say it's one of my all-time favorite albums.

I bought it in 1998 - only knowing Time after Time and GJWHF. I was blown away that she has other stuff beyond that that doesn't suck :laugh:

I have always meant go get more of her stuff...but havent :shrug: In 1998 or possibly 1999 my sister and her husbadn went to see David Letterman in NYC _ Cyndi was the guest that night and I was SO jealous..still am.

foxyluva 08-18-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 562395)
oh, god ... i drove all night. that song gets me hot and bothered!! have you seen the video??? dude. have you heard "shine" or "above the clouds"?? did i send you the body acoustic?

I actually was familiar with Celine Dion's version of 'I Drove All Night' before I heard Cyndi's - and I love both, although I do have a soft spot especially for Celine's version *shame*

Yes, you did send me "Body Acoustic" but I forgot about it, and it expired :(

Quote:

actually, "above the clouds" is my ringtone. :o ?

Cool! I have not heard that song. What album is it on?

My ringtone is Blondie - Good Boys :thumbsup:

Quote:

so, which albums of hers do you have?

So far just "Hat Full of Stars" "True Colours" and "The Essential" - but Im looking to get more...

carrie721 08-18-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva (Post 562401)
I actually was familiar with Celine Dion's version of 'I Drove All Night' before I heard Cyndi's - and I love both, although I do have a soft spot especially for Celine's version *shame*

Yes, you did send me "Body Acoustic" but I forgot about it, and it expired :(

Cool! I have not heard that song. What album is it on?

My ringtone is Blondie - Good Boys :thumbsup:

So far just "Hat Full of Stars" "True Colours" and "The Essential" - but Im looking to get more...

lol @ your ringtone! that's awesome. i should re-upload the body acoustic for you and deanna :)

and yes, you should be filled with shame for having a soft spot for celine's techno/dance bastardization of such a great song. :laugh:

foxyluva 08-18-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 562410)
lol @ your ringtone! that's awesome.:

Blondie rocks my ****ing world - I swear Debbie Harry and Stevie Nicks are the coolest broads on the planet!!!

Quote:

i should re-upload the body acoustic for you and deanna :)

If it isn't to much trouble :)

Quote:

and yes, you should be filled with shame for having a soft spot for celine's techno/dance bastardization of such a great song. :laugh:

I am ashamed - Im a closet Celine fan :laugh: I adore her version of "I Drove All Night"!!!

carrie721 08-18-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva (Post 562414)
Blondie rocks my ****ing world - I swear Debbie Harry and Stevie Nicks are the coolest broads on the planet!!!

Debbie is ****in' FIERCE! i swear she eats armadillos for breakfast.

Quote:

I am ashamed - Im a closet Celine fan :laugh: I adore her version of "I Drove All Night"!!!
freak! :wavey: :p

foxyluva 08-18-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 562419)
Debbie is ****in' FIERCE! i swear she eats armadillos for breakfast.

:lol: WTF??!! Where do you come up with this stuff? :laugh:

carrie721 08-18-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva (Post 562422)
:lol: WTF??!! Where do you come up with this stuff? :laugh:

:lol: lollllll. you're not the first to ask ... and i have no frickin' idea. :laugh:

DrummerDeanna 08-18-2006 06:22 PM

well I tried :( le sigh.

carrie721 08-18-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 562432)
well I tried :( le sigh.

silly. i was going to reply to your post, but not till i finished uploading this album for you and michael. so in a sec, check your PMs.

what's your favorite song on 12dc? i love sally's pigeons and come on home. sally's pigeons is a beautiful, sad song, and it sticks with you, i think.

DrummerDeanna 08-18-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 562433)
silly. i was going to reply to your post, but not till i finished uploading this album for you and michael. so in a sec, check your PMs.

what's your favorite song on 12dc? i love sally's pigeons and come on home. sally's pigeons is a beautiful, sad song, and it sticks with you, i think.

I was being silly - just messing with you guys -

Thanks...I got the PM...and am very excited about it! I'm all set to listen to lots of Cyndi on my road trip tonight...when I, in fact, drive all night.

Oh Favorite song...

Gosh - I do love Sally's Pigeons...but erm. What is a pirate smile :o

And I really love That's What I THink :p

foxyluva 08-18-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 562436)
when I, in fact, drive all night.

Perfect song for it!!

Although I would recommend Celine's version *ducks for cover*

DrummerDeanna 08-18-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva (Post 562437)
Perfect song for it!!

Although I would recommend Celine's version *ducks for cover*

NOOOOO! I heard Celine's after Cyndi's and remember thinking, "what the hell is this..who ruined this song!?!" *don't hit me*

Then some country group did it...even worse. I'll stick with Cyndi's version :nod:

foxyluva 08-18-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 562438)
NOOOOO! I heard Celine's after Cyndi's and remember thinking, "what the hell is this..who ruined this song!?!" *don't hit me*

Then some country group did it...even worse. I'll stick with Cyndi's version :nod:

Well I am gay - and I think it is a requirement of gays to like Celine Dion. You don't get to join gay society if you don't :laugh: