The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Tour Survivor ('75-'05) Rounds 3 and 4 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=21707)

77Rumours77 08-15-2005 10:11 PM

Fleetwood Mac Tour Survivor ('75-'05) Rounds 3 and 4

Welcome to Fleetwood Mac Tour Survivor! 1975-2005. Rounds 3-4
Voting will end everyday at 10 PM (CTS) (Voting for today (Aug 13) will end tomorrow at 10)
Voting will close at 9 O clock (CTS) Votes after 9 will not be accepted. This gives time to tally votes and check for errors!

The Contestants...
White Album Tour
Rumors Tour
Tusk Tour
Mirage Tour

Tango In The Night Tour (This includes Shakin' The Cage)
Behind The Mask Tour
Dance Tour

Voted Off - -
Time Tour
Say You Will Tour

ATTN: Looking for somone to run the game for tomorrow (Tuesday 8/16) Please PM me ASAP!

golden braid 08-15-2005 10:52 PM

Round 3 Behind the Mask

strandinthewind 08-15-2005 11:09 PM

Round 3 Behind the Mask

They were all just so tired. Some of the shows were okay, but it seemd so tired.

GypsySorcerer 08-15-2005 11:20 PM

3 - Behind the Mask

10 characters

gldstwmn 08-15-2005 11:48 PM

Tango-Shakin The Cage :shocked:

strandinthewind 08-16-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Tango-Shakin The Cage :shocked:

It is next on my list. La Nicks was trying to recover and her voice, while sometimes good, was horrifying when she went high. CM phoned in her performances and, though I like them, Billy and Rick just did not fit in - though and again, they are great players. Plus, that was the advent of the 48,000 back up musicians, which aggravated me as it was also the beginning of vocal laziness by all.

In the end, I think the FM FM tour will win because they were all so young. Mirage should win, but La Nicks' voice was so rough on that it was frightening at times.

AliceLover 08-16-2005 12:19 AM

Tusk tour

WelshWitchPMD 08-16-2005 02:09 AM

Round 3: Behind the Mask

Let's try this again.

face of glass 08-16-2005 04:49 AM

Round & Round #3: Behind The Mask tour.

Easy to go with the majority here.

macfan 57 08-16-2005 05:46 AM

Round 3: Behind The Mask

Behind The Mask. Stevie looked comatose on this tour. The highlight for me was Christine's terrific piano solo during "Stop Messin' Around".

ontheEdgeof17 08-16-2005 07:12 AM

Behind The Mask Tour.

This post is almost as boring as the tour. Almost.

chiliD 08-16-2005 10:25 AM

Round 3: The Dance

Are you kidding me? The Behind The Mask tour was great.

The Dance tour was a real ZZZzzzzZZZZ'er. And, no song included in the set from prior to 1975?!? (namely: no "Oh Well") Wassup with that? They should be ashamed of themselves...but, how do you get a narcissistic spoiled brat egomaniac who feigns the shy, humble routine to think of anybody but himself? The who reunion may have been financially rewarding, but it broke my heart because I knew it was the WORST thing Fleetwood Mac could've done. It may have been one small step in getting new fans, but one GIANT LEAP backwards in the legacy of Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
...Billy and Rick just did not fit in

Au contraire! I think that's a cop-out statement...the problem was that Billy & Rick DID fit in...VERY nicely, too...and that's what scared all the Buckinham fans...he WAS replaceable...and they just couldn't handle it. So, Rick & Billy get the condecending back-handed compliments..."Oh, they're good players, but they don't fit"...that's crap. They fit, TOO good, actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Plus, that was the advent of the 48,000 back up musicians,

What backup musicians? Ok, Isaac Assante played the miscellaneous percussion...Stevie brought "the girls"...other than that, it was just Mick, John, Chris, Billy & Rick. The Dance was the one where they first brought the orchestra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by face of glass
Easy to go with the majority here.

Lemming. :laugh:

David 08-16-2005 11:12 AM

Behind The Mask

Started out good in Australia & the first month or two in the United States. Interesting songs in the set, too, like When the Sun Goes Down, Stand on the Rock & Save Me. But it wasn't long before enervation set in. The penultimate night of the tour, in Oakland, was as boring, logy & exhausting as the previous year's Stevie Nicks concert in Mountain View. But the Stevie Nicks concert had the virtue of being about 45 minutes shorter, so we could all go home quicker.

Hippocampus 08-16-2005 11:20 AM

Round 3 - Behind The Mask

The song selection was interesting though.

msLinds 08-16-2005 11:48 AM

Round 3: Behind the Mask

:wavey:

Life is what happens when your busy
making other plans.