The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   On With the Show Rehearsals (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53935)

jbrownsjr 07-21-2014 01:09 PM

On With the Show Rehearsals

These begin this month, no? Any news? Where are they rehearsing? My guess would be Los Angeles.

FuzzyPlum 07-21-2014 02:01 PM

I think I read they were due to start this month but I'm not sure whether that was official.
With Micks event on Maui earlier this month I'd say rehearsals wouldn't have been taking place in the first half of July but they could be happening now/soon. I wonder if Christine is back in the States now. Still more than two months until On With The Show- I wonder if they'll fit in some recording with Stevie. The official website is c**p- we really need some updates.

macfan 57 07-21-2014 03:14 PM

In one of Christine's last interviews before she left for the U.K. in May, she mentioned that she would be back in the U.S. at the end of July. That would be next week. I think she also said that rehearsals would be in August.

FM77 07-21-2014 05:54 PM

August is correct. Early August.

Tusky 07-22-2014 03:18 AM

Wow, August? Does this seem really late to anyone? I guess they just have to add Chris' songs into the setlist but still...

elle 07-22-2014 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tusky (Post 1134861)
Wow, August? Does this seem really late to anyone? I guess they just have to add Chris' songs into the setlist but still...

seems really early to me, actually.

they have almost 2 months to rehearse all the same songs they've been doing last year plus add a few Chris songs they've been doing for 20-30 years in the past. seems like a huge overkill and waste of time, but we know how rehearsal-crazy this group of people appears to be. :shrug:

FuzzyPlum 07-22-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1134863)

they have almost 2 months to rehearse all the same songs they've been doing last year plus add a few Chris songs they've been doing for 20-30 years in the past. seems like a huge overkill and waste of time, but we know how rehearsal-crazy this group of people appears to be. :shrug:

Perfect opportunity for a couple of weeks in a studio!

sywlindseyfan 07-22-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Elle, I think it might be just the right amount of time if not enough. As a musician, you might be as well, it takes time to relearn songs and especially in different keys. Stevie, Lindsey, and Chris must tighten that amazing beautiful harmony that only they can do. and Chris needs to rehearse every song 5 or ten times to get it down. I have faith, I also can't believe it at the same time. Can you?

vivfox 07-22-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

seems really early to me, actually. they have almost 2 months to rehearse all the same songs they've been doing last year plus add a few Chris songs they've been doing for 20-30 years in the past. seems like a huge overkill and waste of time, but we know how rehearsal-crazy this group of people appears to be.

Maybe they need that time to rehearse the statements they are going to say in between songs?

vivfox 07-22-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1134874)
Maybe they need that time to rehearse the statements they are going to say in between songs?

All joking aside, we know the band is already familiar with the set but the crew has to be trained what goes where and how it's all done. I doubt they have the same people on every tour working for them.

Neal 07-22-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Damn it, I was gonna say the same thing.

PenguinHead 07-22-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

:laugh: so true, except for John, who just utters a few words. I look forward to hearing Christine's talking voice - her sultry thick English accent.

jbrownsjr 07-22-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 1134873)
Elle, I think it might be just the right amount of time if not enough. As a musician, you might be as well, it takes time to relearn songs and especially in different keys. Stevie, Lindsey, and Chris must tighten that amazing beautiful harmony that only they can do. and Chris needs to rehearse every song 5 or ten times to get it down. I have faith, I also can't believe it at the same time. Can you?

There are the harmonies, breaking Christine back in, technical rehearsal, weeding out songs from the set. There's so much to do. It almost seems like not enough time.

shackin'up 07-23-2014 11:27 AM

Recording backingtracks for each Christinesong, and rerecording backingtracks for the others.

jbrownsjr 07-23-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1134942)
Recording backingtracks for each Christinesong, and rerecording backingtracks for the others.

Haha!! Absolutely!

chiliD 07-23-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1134900)
:laugh: so true, except for John, who just utters a few words. I look forward to hearing Christine's talking voice - her sultry thick English accent.

Which may be true these days, but "back in the day", John was no stranger to a microphone between songs. I have quite a few live recordings where John banters between songs quite a bit. :nod:

FuzzyPlum 08-17-2014 01:26 PM

Well they should be deep into rehearsals now. Anyone have any snippets of news? Are they all together? Any sightings of them recently? Do we know yet where everything's happening? Damn, the silence is killing me.

vivfox 08-17-2014 01:32 PM

I'll take any opportunity I have to quote some words they've said in a live setting to some unsuspecting person. But, so they don't think I'm a complete weirdo, it has to make sense.
After some song that Lindsey once sang, Christine said, "he thanks you."
I've been able to use that line many, many times recently, because quite often some of us like to use ourselves in the third person in our conversations with others.

WatchChain 08-17-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 1134956)
Which may be true these days, but "back in the day", John was no stranger to a microphone between songs. I have quite a few live recordings where John banters between songs quite a bit. :nod:

Excessive cocaine use has a tendency to make one want to banter quite a bit. It also wonderfully encourages one to talk endlessly. Good times!!!!:]

aleuzzi 08-17-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 1134956)

Mind you, his banter, no matter how frequent or infrequent on old live recordings (I'd average two times a show at most), he was never THAT talkative. He'd say "thank you" or "that was Stevie Nicks..."--things like that, always in that gruff, terse way of his.

By comparison Welch and C. McVie (on the 71 and 72 bootlegs and then from 75 onward) were much more verbose.

SteveMacD 08-17-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1139532)
Excessive cocaine use has a tendency to make one want to banter quite a bit. It also wonderfully encourages one to talk endlessly. Good times!!!!:]

The teeth grinding can be a sombitch.

nicole21290 08-22-2014 04:45 AM

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...ps086e32d4.jpg

michelej1 08-22-2014 11:47 AM

^Very nice update. I wonder if Christine is back from England yet.

Michele

The dance 08-25-2014 06:02 AM

I'm hoping for the songs Hold Me, Songbird, STYLM, Seven Wonders and Everywhere to come back to the setlist. :xoxo:

Ulpian 08-25-2014 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1139977)

Michele

She must be by now, surely! They need the practice together!

FuzzyPlum 08-25-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Michele

If Mick was present at the (recent?) Elle magazine interview then I wonder if he flew over in order to accompany Christine back to LA.

jbrownsjr 08-25-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Michele

It would be weird if they were prepping without her...

FuzzyPlum 08-25-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1140417)
It would be weird if they were prepping without her...

Yes, that would be weird

Richard B 08-25-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1139532)

Ha! Too funny.
I remember one time playing with the stuff with an old girlfriend a long time ago. At some point in the night....We wrote an email to Nabisco urging them to produce Double-Stuff Nutter Butters. :p

Feather Blade 08-26-2014 11:53 AM

I'm really surprised more information regarding how rehearsals are going hasn't trickled out yet. Hopefully we will hear some tidbits at some point.

jbrownsjr 08-26-2014 12:24 PM

I would love to hear what they are trying to bring into the setlist.

Macfanforever 08-26-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1140591)
I'm really surprised more information regarding how rehearsals are going hasn't trickled out yet. Hopefully we will hear some tidbits at some point.

I agree.Probably some vids will pop up on the social nets later in time.

In the meantime I hope it will be a surprise with the setlist line up.
Last year we had the surprise of hearing Sisters live.This tour hopefully will focus on Chris and her music.Thats whats most of the FM fans are looking for.

PenguinHead 08-26-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1140625)
I agree.Probably some vids will pop up on the social nets later in time.

In the meantime I hope it will be a surprise with the setlist line up.
Last year we had the surprise of hearing Sisters live.This tour hopefully will focus on Chris and her music.Thats whats most of the FM fans are looking for.

I'm sure they'll figure out a balanced set that will equally feature each of them, as they always have in the past. We can only hope for some surprise performances. That's what most Fleetwood Mac fans are looking for.

Wdm6789 08-26-2014 07:17 PM

I really hope they keep Sara in the set list. I really want to see it live with Christine on the piano. Christine's piano riff is what makes that song so amazing.

bethelblues 08-26-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1140640)
I really hope they keep Sara in the set list. I really want to see it live with Christine on the piano. Christine's piano riff is what makes that song so amazing.

So does Lindsey's incredible guitar work, as he used to do it (hasn't come close in the recent tours):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVCtdQke-w

Wdm6789 08-26-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1140642)
So does Lindsey's incredible guitar work, as he used to do it (hasn't come close in the recent tours):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVCtdQke-w

The first 2.5 minutes of that video are amazing. Well the whole video is, but the first 2.5 minutes are really amazing. John's bass is amazing also.

bethelblues 08-26-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1140654)
The first 2.5 minutes of that video are amazing. Well the whole video is, but the first 2.5 minutes are really amazing. John's bass is amazing also.

The only live version of Sara besides that one I can listen to is from the Live album (1980). It's just incredible, how they used to do that song. Really, it was amazing because it featured all of the elements of the band at their best...the rhythm section, the guitarwork by Lindsey working to enhance the song, the piano/keyboards, and Stevie's voice at that time (the end is just ethereal).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_(Fleetwood_Mac_album)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhga4JexYs

michelej1 08-26-2014 10:15 PM

And when they do the DVD, I hope they put all the songs on the tour on the dvd. I hate it when they leave off songs and we never have an official live version of them.

Michele

jbrownsjr 08-26-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1140683)
And when they do the DVD, I hope they put all the songs on the tour on the dvd. I hate it when they leave off songs and we never have an official live version of them.

Michele

It's so annoying. And the live cd they dropped Songbird. i had to buy the import with Over My Head and Songbird to complete the live CD set of the Dance.

bombaysaffires 08-27-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1140683)

Michele

and yet we have 55 million official live versions of other songs. :distress: