The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Buckingham McVie album! Out June 9th, 2017!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56766)

jbrownsjr 06-13-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1211420)
Christine is on the One Show...wow, thanks for the heads up. For somebody that hated flying she's certainly doing some trans-Atlantic miles now.

She wants it all...
Travellin' girl is headed north west east and south..

secondhandchain 06-14-2017 12:17 AM

And right on cue Ms. Nicks releases a song (written and produced by someone else) to try and upstage. On the other board they are raving about how much better it is then anything on the Buckingham Mcvie album.

HomerMcvie 06-14-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1211568)
And right on cue Ms. Nicks releases a song (written and produced by someone else) to try and upstage. On the other board they are raving about how much better it is then anything on the Buckingham Mcvie album.

Of course OGB is doing that. She can take a long walk off a short pier.

I'm IN LOVE with this new Fleetwood Mac album!!!

24karatstevie 06-14-2017 02:33 AM

I realize some of you seem to believe that Stevie is the scum of the Earth, but I just have to point out that Stevie most likely has no control for when a song for a movie soundtrack is released. She just recorded it. It's just pure coincidence that the movie is coming out so soon after the Buckingham McVie release. As a fan of both Stevie and Christine/Lindsey, I'm really enjoying all of the new goodies we are getting. :)

lennonfan 06-14-2017 05:12 AM

hehe...this thread has more replies than the MacNuggets thread:)

button-lip 06-14-2017 05:13 AM

Quote:

One song can't be better than ten together, no matter how good you are or how good your fans think you are.

This is what she wanted, so I wish her the best (or not, I don't care).

Wdm6789 06-14-2017 06:29 AM

I kind of hope Christine stays out of England for a while. It doesn't seem safe there.

FuzzyPlum 06-14-2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1211587)
I kind of hope Christine stays out of England for a while. It doesn't seem safe there.

It's safe. A good idea to avoid tower blocks though :shocked:

lennonfan 06-14-2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1211588)
It's safe. A good idea to avoid tower blocks though :shocked:

those things have always freaked me out, I mean if a fire breaks out on those lower floors how could you possibly get out without ladders to the windows? and what if the windows are like 300 feet in the air? frightening. sorry to go off topic..

JohnL 06-14-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Yes I am back...and yes I absolutely knew that what was said on the Stevie board would be twisted around to meet your agenda of stirring the pot. All that was said was that the fans on the other board liked this song more than anything they heard on the Buckingham McVie album. Big surprise as we are all very devoted Stevie Nicks fans. No one...and I mean no one, including Stevie who has no control of when the movie or song are released (it was supposed to be released almost a year ago) said anything about upstaging anyone. Why does this continue to happen? It is laughable.

jbrownsjr 06-14-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1211596)
Yes I am back...and yes I absolutely knew that what was said on the Stevie board would be twisted around to meet your agenda of stirring the pot. All that was said was that the fans on the other board liked this song more than anything they heard on the Buckingham McVie album. Big surprise as we are all very devoted Stevie Nicks fans. No one...and I mean no one, including Stevie who has no control of when the movie or song are released (it was supposed to be released almost a year ago) said anything about upstaging anyone. Why does this continue to happen? It is laughable.

You just did the very thing that you complain about. You just upstaged the Buckingham/McVie (see bolded sentence). I'm glad you're back because your opinion certainly matters. You're a huge fan and that's what is great. However, is this what you came back for?

I listened to the song because of your post in the Stevie thread. And, I responded to it. But then, you felt the need to mention the Rumours board. I thought that was odd.

JohnL 06-14-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1211598)
You just did the very thing that you complain about. You just upstaged the Buckingham/McVie (see bolded sentence). I'm glad you're back because your opinion certainly matters. You're a huge fan and that's what is great. However, is this what you came back for?

I listened to the song because of your post in the Stevie thread. And, I responded to it. But then, you felt the need to mention the Rumours board. I thought that was odd.

Stop twisting my words. Of course Stevie fans are going to like better than what is on this BM album...no one said anything about purposely trying to upstage anyone. That was my point. And my initial mention of this board is because of how I have been treated here in the past...and nothing has changed.

jbrownsjr 06-14-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1211599)
Stop twisting my words. Of course Stevie fans are going to like better than what is on this BM album...no one said anything about purposely trying to upstage anyone. That was my point. And my initial mention of this board is because of how I have been treated here in the past...and nothing has changed.

My point is that you just did the very thing you are complaining about.
My question was, is that what you came back for? I didn't twist anything, I actually quoted you.

JohnL 06-14-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1211600)
My point is that you just did the very thing you are complaining about.
My question was, is that what you came back for? I didn't twist anything, I actually quoted you.

I came over here because I was hoping that maybe something had changed with the new ownership. End of story. It hasn't so goodbye.

jbrownsjr 06-14-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1211602)
I came over here because I was hoping that maybe something had changed with the new ownership. End of story. It hasn't so goodbye.

Not all of us can agree, but we are still human beings. Let's treat each other that way. I hope you stay. Your input is welcome, even if we disagree.

Peace JohnL...