The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   And this is why you don't buy $500 tickets! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14610)

77Rumours77 06-01-2004 05:24 PM

And this is why you don't buy $500 tickets!

Ya see! I will never pay more then face value for a ticket! I think it is awful if you buy a $500 ticket from an official website and that show is canceled you only get the face value price back! I fell so sorry for those people that paid a scalpers ticket price for Bristow or Camden! What is the world coming too!

ShangriLaTroubl 06-01-2004 05:25 PM

You should get the full amount back..who did you buy them from?

Chris

77Rumours77 06-01-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
You should get the full amount back..who did you buy them from?

Chris

O, I didn't buy any. But in know if were to buy from a scalper you would only recive face value!, Does FleetwoodMac.com give a full refund?

ShangriLaTroubl 06-01-2004 05:37 PM

The fan club will give you a full refund..and scalpers usually will too.

I have bought from a scalper, I did for the Memphis show in 2003 and it was cancelled, and I received a full refund...and I would never buy from a scalper who will not....some scalpers will say you can receive equal value tickets for another show OR face value of the tickets...but there are some who will give full refunds

Chris

Cour 06-01-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
The fan club will give you a full refund..and scalpers usually will too.

I've heard from a few friends that brokers are giving full refunds, I'm sure it depends on the broker and if this involves a lot of shows I'm not sure they'll keep doing it.

flyfirefly 06-01-2004 10:36 PM

The envelope from the broker I got tickets from says something like "no refunds for any reason whatsoever including postponement, cancellation, weather or acts of terror." The last one really caught my eye.

darklinensuit 06-01-2004 11:00 PM

I wondered about this. It would suck paying a scalper's price & then being out the money, plus having to deal with the disappointment of cancellation.

- Jake

Hawkeye 06-01-2004 11:00 PM

ell my Stevie show in Rochester was cancelled due to "acts of terror"

golddust 06-01-2004 11:42 PM

~~~I had broker tickets for St Louis and Kansas City during the TISL tour. Both shows were cancelled and I received a full refund. That would not have happened if the concert was rescheduled. It definitely depends on the ticket broker.

ShangriLaTroubl 06-02-2004 07:31 AM

Before buying from a broker always check their policy, and print it out...has worked for me

Chris

Carolina Girl 06-02-2004 08:04 AM

I purchased from a broker, and the policy on their web site said no refunds. When I called to order I asked "what if the show is canceled?" and the rep said I would get a refund. But then when the tickets arrived, the envelope again had the policy clearly stated: "no refunds due to cancellation" etc. Luckily my show wasn't canceled, but if it had been, I would certainly have asked for a refund based on my conversation with the rep.