The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   "...and you see your gypsy..." (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=26159)

wondergirl9847 04-01-2006 03:12 AM

"...and you see your gypsy..."

1 Attachment(s)
Okay. Here is my outfit and full garb for Scarborough Faire this year. My parents and I went to SF for the first time last year and I didn't dress up. This year....I decided to. Little did I know that this year....gypsy/peasant garb was in fashion. :thumbsup: Of course...I didn't buy regular gypsywear.

I don't really look like a normal gypsy though. It's my own creation, I guess. I am such a tomboy yet my girly side is there in spurts too. My outfit represents that, I think. The top half is very girly, the gauchos are tomboy-ish. The boots...Stevie-ish. LOL I've always wanted a pair of suede boots and by gawsh, I got 'em. :nod: I've NEVER in my entire life worn makeup this heavy or dramatic. I rarely even wear makeup (I do have skin issues, so I covered that up well. LOL), so this is VERY unlike me. Ask anybody. Heh.

How do you like my goober pose? :laugh:

For those who aren't familiar, Scarborough Faire is a Renaissance Faire thing where they have games and shows, festivities and fun out in a midieval-ish setting. Well, as much as you can get in Waxahachie, Texas. LOL It IS a beautiful setting. I took some pics last year, but this time, I'll try to take better ones/more.

amber 04-01-2006 03:29 AM

You look awesome. Go forth, young gypsy.

jannieC 04-01-2006 07:03 AM

You look fabulous- and I *love* the pose!!! :woohoo:

GypsySorcerer 04-01-2006 10:37 AM

Great pic! :thumbsup: Seems like a fun festival.

David 04-01-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Okay. Here is my outfit and full garb for Scarborough Faire this year. My parents and I went to SF for the first time last year and I didn't dress up. This year....I decided to. Little did I know that this year....gypsy/peasant garb was in fashion. :thumbsup: Of course...I didn't buy regular gypsywear.

Burgundy, black & gold: You can't go wrong, Christy! Excellent colors.
:wavey: :blob1: :blob2: :) :shocked: :thumbsup:

Lisa1769 04-01-2006 12:19 PM

You do look awesome Christy. I love all the rings!

You look like you could be a fortune teller....:laugh:

wondergirl9847 04-01-2006 12:36 PM

Lol

Thanks everyone.

Lisa, I sesly think I am psychic. :laugh: At least, I have tendencies and a strong sixth sense.

I also have this "crystal ball" thingy my mom bought a few years ago. It's very Stevie-ish too, with dragons on the side of the holder.

Just hope the weather is nice this time. Last year, it was a smidge cool so I wore my coat most of the day, but it was AWESOME weather.

The rings. I have had a black and gold cat ring for a loooooong time, and now it fit perfectly with this outfit. Also, my crystal ball ring, which is my fave.

I strongly recommend going to one of these festivals if they have one near you. We didn't realize we'd be there all day last year. I was expecting a couple of hours or so...nope. It's an all day thing and fun for adults and kids too. :thumbsup:

Lee 04-01-2006 02:00 PM

Before I saw the other responses, the first thing that popped in my head was that you look like a future teller, which isn't really a bad thing I guess unless you were really going for that gypsy look. :laugh:

Lee :)

DrummerDeanna 04-01-2006 03:02 PM

LOL SOOOO Cute!! Hmm...I think this should be your MySpace picture :nod:

DavidMn 04-01-2006 03:07 PM

You look greta. Hope you have a great time!