The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Stevie songs do you hope FM Will perform for their next tour? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57737)

bwboy 03-05-2018 09:01 PM

What Stevie songs do you hope FM Will perform for their next tour?

Stevie said in an interview she'd like FM to perform some deep cuts for their next tour. From what I know, there are a handful of SN songs that FM has never performed live, and a few songs that were only performed once.

Songs never performed live by the Rumours lineup:
Crystal
Fireflies
Straight Back
When I See You Again
Welcome to the Room... Sara

Only performed once live by the Rumours lineup:
I Don't Want to Know (supposedly during the Rumours tour 1977)
Storms (Unleashed 2009)
Beautiful Child (2004)
Angel (Tusk 1980)
Seven Wonders (On With the Show 2015)

Sisters of the Moon (3 tours)
Silver Springs (2 tours)

Performed almost every tour:
Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Gypsy

I would love to hear I Don't Want to Know, That's Alright, and Crystal. Straight Back, either Storms or Beautiful Child, and Angel would be fine, too

So, which of the deep cuts would you like to hear?

JohnL 03-06-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221112)
Stevie said in an interview she'd like FM to perform some deep cuts for their next tour. From what I know, there are a handful of SN songs that FM has never performed live, and a few songs that were only performed once.

Crystal
Fireflies
Straight Back
When I See You Again

Storms (Unleashed 2009)
Beautiful Child (2004)
Angel (Tusk 1980)

Silver Springs (2 tours)

Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Gypsy

I would love to hear I Don't Want to Know, That's Alright, and Crystal. Straight Back, either Storms or Beautiful Child, and Angel would be fine, too

I would love to hear Fireflies, Straight Back, Thats Alright, and Crystal. I think Welcome to the Room would be decent live also. If this truly is their last tour together, then I think they should throw in some solo songs by all 3 of them.

Hawkeye 03-06-2018 11:32 AM

I hope they play at least one song that has been released on all their past reissues the last few years. Like perform Ile at You but the Mirage version with the piano arrangement. And if anyone responds to this saying “well she can’t do it justice like that” I will find out where you live and strangle you the way stevie is always threatening! (Just kidding) justbwaycj gold dust woman and moonlight from the 25 karat tour, she CAN deliver any song any way she wants, it’s just whether or not that’ll be a song she chooses to try on. This isn’t out of the question, stevie performing a demo version of her song that she prefers, not hats basically what she did with Love Is and that demo was never even officially released yet.

Other songs along that thinking are think about it or sorcerer done with Lindsey or stevie and Chris alone on stage doing the planets piano demo!

I have very high standards for the rarities they plan on doing. Pulling out one of her tusk songs (while I freaking love them all) just won’t cut it.

Macfan4life 03-06-2018 03:00 PM

I wont say the songs "I hope" because they would never get played. The Mac is extremely conservative when it comes to set lists.

The MOST daring I think they will get is a possible "I don't want to know". Its from Rumours so everyone knows it. I think there is a chance of beautiful child or Angel being played too.

sue 03-06-2018 03:45 PM

Angel, Crystal, Crying in the night..

Andyleo 03-06-2018 05:04 PM

I would die to hear Angel, Thrown Down, That's Alright or Fireflies.

Macfan4life 03-06-2018 05:39 PM

Oh I hope Mick does get his way and makes them play one Buckingham/Nicks song. Its about time for Frozen Love. Now THAT would be so amazing!

bwboy 03-06-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyleo (Post 1221126)

Thrown Down is really one of my all time favorite FM songs.

StevieNicksfann 03-07-2018 02:26 AM

I Don't Want To Know
Seven Wonders - some didn't get to see this on the last tour - but please speed up the tempo on this song.
Angel
Straight Back
No Questions Asked
Paper Doll
Say You Will
Love Is Dangerous - with Lindsey of course
Beautiful Child

although I also love Thrown Down and Affairs of The Heart, I'm not sure they would sound great live unless they punched them up.

bwboy 03-07-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann (Post 1221129)
I Don't Want To Know
Seven Wonders - some didn't get to see this on the last tour - but please speed up the tempo on this song.
Angel
Straight Back
No Questions Asked
Paper Doll
Say You Will
Love Is Dangerous - with Lindsey of course
Beautiful Child

although I also love Thrown Down and Affairs of The Heart, I'm not sure they would sound great live unless they punched them up.

Lindsey sing Love is Dangerous with Stevie? I would love that! But the likelihood of that happening is about the same as Stevie ever recording with FM again.

No Questions Asked would be incredible, but I can't see Lindsey agreeing to do it, plus the guitar playing may not be something he can pull off.

I love Straight Back, but I wonder how it would sound live. I think FM could pull it off, though.

StreetAngel95 03-07-2018 10:56 AM

I genuinely think that there's a a chance we hear Angel. They've unearthed a Tusk song ever since the Say You Will tour: Beautiful Child, Storms, Sisters of the Moon, and Think About Me. The key for Angel would only need to be taken down slightly, so I will hold out some hope.

As for dream songs? I would give my right arm to hear Fireflies live, as it would be fitting for their last tour (let's be realistic people). With Christine back, I think anything from SYW would be ruled out, save Bleed to Love Her, but I think hearing Destiny Rules or Everybody Finds Out would be beyond epic.

But knowing our Mac, there will likely only be one surprise. So here's hoping we get a BN song! Frozen Love sounded so amazing the way it was arranged when Fleetwood Mac played it in 75 - Lindsey could absolutely reformat it to make it sound authentic.

ricohv 03-07-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221112)

Crystal
Fireflies
Straight Back
When I See You Again

Storms (Unleashed 2009)
Beautiful Child (2004)
Angel (Tusk 1980)

Silver Springs (2 tours)

Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Gypsy

Seven Wonders was also played in the TITN tour, but not again until 2015.
Ricoh

Andyleo 03-08-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221128)
Thrown Down is really one of my all time favorite FM songs.

Same here! Love it, and she could really do it justice live.

bwboy 03-08-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1221139)
Seven Wonders was also played in the TITN tour, but not again until 2015.
Ricoh

Yes, but I was referring only to the Rumours era lineup, which performed SW for the first time on the On With the Show tour.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Rick Vito/Billy Burnette era, and wish they had released more material with FM.

annabellee 03-08-2018 03:39 PM

Angel.
Frozen Love.
As Long As You Follow.

That's all.

Macfan4life 03-08-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221132)
Lindsey sing Love is Dangerous with Stevie? I would love that! But the likelihood of that happening is about the same as Stevie ever recording with FM again.

No Questions Asked would be incredible, but I can't see Lindsey agreeing to do it, plus the guitar playing may not be something he can pull off.

I love Straight Back, but I wonder how it would sound live. I think FM could pull it off, though.

The Mac did practice Straight Back for the Mirage tour (see link below). Its one of my favorite Mac songs ever but I don't Stevie could do the song justice today. Its a very intense song to sing with passion. I feel I would be let down. It could be pulled off but so many high parts Stevie just could not do and I fear the song would fall flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1psFJ63ZQ0

bwboy 03-08-2018 05:45 PM

Thanks for the link, Macfan4life! I think Stevie could sing Straight Back well, just at a lower octave and if anything, it might sound even more haunting.

While I don't know that Straight Back would be a real crowd pleaser, I do think the intensity of the performance could keep even the casual fan riveted.

Macfan4life 03-08-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1221149)
Thanks for the link, Macfan4life! I think Stevie could sing Straight Back well, just at a lower octave and if anything, it might sound even more haunting.

While I don't know that Straight Back would be a real crowd pleaser, I do think the intensity of the performance could keep even the casual fan riveted.

The second verse is one of the best written lines ever and that says a lot for a Stevie song. I also love Christine backing on the "wolf on the run" line.
She definitely cant belt out "THE DREAM HAS JUST BEGUN anymore but I would take it over Gypsy any day.

pattyfan 03-14-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyleo (Post 1221126)

We are on exactly the same page. :) I would add Straight Back to the list. But mostly I'd love to hear That's Alright.

Here's to hoping. :)

PS And since it doesn't cost anything to dream, I'd love to hear the F Mac rocking version of If You Were My Love.

Kevin

pattyfan 03-14-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1221145)
The Mac did practice Straight Back for the Mirage tour (see link below). Its one of my favorite Mac songs ever but I don't Stevie could do the song justice today. Its a very intense song to sing with passion. I feel I would be let down. It could be pulled off but so many high parts Stevie just could not do and I fear the song would fall flat.

Thanks so much for posting this. I had never heard this live version, or any live version, actually. Is it Lindsey who's singing the "hours and hours" background vocal? It's so soft that it's hard to be sure. Anyway, thanks again. :) I actually think that the range of this song is fairly small and would be on the easier side for Stevie to sing. Here's to hoping. :)

Kevin

secondhandchain 03-17-2018 01:36 AM

I would have Stevie do Angel and Straight back which could be pulled off in a lower key.

Lindsey should do Monday Morning and Walk a Thin Line or Not that Funny

Christine should do Over and Over and Isn't It Midnight

Throw in Frozen Love and Crying in the Night and complete the set with the other hits minus 8 of them. NO Big Love, Rhiannon, Landslide for starters.

Macfan4life 03-17-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1221241)
I would have Stevie do Angel and Straight back which could be pulled off in a lower key.

Lindsey should do Monday Morning and Walk a Thin Line or Not that Funny

Christine should do Over and Over and Isn't It Midnight

Throw in Frozen Love and Crying in the Night and complete the set with the other hits minus 8 of them. NO Big Love, Rhiannon, Landslide for starters.

I would love all of that except NTF.
I see it unrealistic Landslide and Rhiannon would be dropped. But you never know ;)

bwboy 04-09-2018 09:12 PM

Soooo... with the new lineup of SN, MF, JM, and CM joined by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, what will this mean for the set list? Obviously, less LB songs, which will likely mean more Stevie and Christine songs. I expect Stevie to do the usual songs like Rhiannon, Dreams, Landslide, and Gold Dust Woman, along with Gypsy and Sara. Maybe Angel, Straight Back, That's Alright, and Freedom? After all, Mike Campbell co-wrote that last song with Stevie. I really can't see them doing Silver Springs without LB.

Any other guesses or wishes?

WatchChain 04-09-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1222082)
Soooo... with the new lineup of SN, MF, JM, and CM joined by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, what will this mean for the set list? Obviously, less LB songs, which will likely mean more Stevie and Christine songs. I expect Stevie to do the usual songs like Rhiannon, Dreams, Landslide, and Gold Dust Woman, along with Gypsy and Sara. Maybe Angel, Straight Back, That's Alright, and Freedom? After all, Mike Campbell co-wrote that last song with Stevie. I really can't see them doing Silver Springs without LB.

There are no words. I am just heartsick. I've been a Stevie fan for 40 years, but I cannot celebrate a potential FM set list with more of her songs when this amazing band has lost a creative genius. I sincerely wish that there was some way this could have been resolved.

bwboy 04-09-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1222084)
There are no words. I am just heartsick. I've been a Stevie fan for 40 years, but I cannot celebrate a potential FM set list with more of her songs when this amazing band has lost a creative genius. I sincerely wish that there was some way this could have been resolved.

WatchChain, I really am sympathetic to how you're feeling. I was devastated when Lindsey left in 1987, it felt like the rug had been pulled from underneath me! But in practically the same instant, FM announced Billy and Rick were joining, and I had no idea who they were, but I saw FM doing press and I became guardedly optimistic, and grew to love that incarnation of the band. Then SN left, and I was again devastated, and even though I bought Time, I hated it. I gave that incarnation of FM a chance but it didn't work for me. Then all 5 reunited for the Dance and I was thrilled, but then Christine left. Again, I was devastated, but Say You Will was decent and the tour was awesome... even without CM. I guess as long as two of the three singer/songwriters are present, I'm satisfied, no matter the combination.

I understand nothing I just said will mean much to you. You and many others probably feel that this is different because LB was fired, as opposed to leaving by his own volition. I hope you can understand that any curiosity about seeing what Campbell and Finn bring to FM is not meant to be disrespectful to you or any other LB fans. The one bit of good news is now LB will really have the time and energy to focus on his solo work you love so much, plus his solo tour.

SpyNote 04-10-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 (Post 1221134)
I genuinely think that there's a a chance we hear Angel. They've unearthed a Tusk song ever since the Say You Will tour: Beautiful Child, Storms, Sisters of the Moon, and Think About Me. The key for Angel would only need to be taken down slightly, so I will hold out some hope.

I can definitely see Angel as a possibility too. All five of her Tusk songs were top notch.

Dragon 04-10-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1221145)

How Christine plays the organ in "Straight Back" is within range of Benmont Tench.

Dragon 04-10-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1222082)

I see "Stand Back" coming back. It is just as much a standard as "Rhiannon", "Landslide", "Dreams", "Gold Dust Woman", "Sara", and "Gypsy".

I would not mind seeing "Affairs of the Heart", "Freedom", and "Running through the Garden".

lilyfee 04-10-2018 09:46 PM

I agree that I don't see how Silver Springs could be played.

I hope Stevie gets rid of Rhiannon again like she did for her solo tour. It's among my favorite of her songs but it's lost its magic. Same with Landslide.:sorry:

I would love to hear Straight Back, especially given Christine's beautiful contribution on that song.

It seems like the possbilities were endless - Fireflies, Angel, ugh so good - but with Lindsey leaving I doubt Stevie would pull those out.

bombaysaffires 04-11-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1222413)
I agree that I don't see how Silver Springs could be played.

I hope Stevie gets rid of Rhiannon again like she did for her solo tour. It's among my favorite of her songs but it's lost its magic. Same with Landslide.:sorry:

I would love to hear Straight Back, especially given Christine's beautiful contribution on that song.

It seems like the possbilities were endless - Fireflies, Angel, ugh so good - but with Lindsey leaving I doubt Stevie would pull those out.

I really, really hope she does not do Landslide... her standing there with Mike on guitar doing a sad, lame version of her doing the song with Lindsey would just be a bit pathetic.

Macfan4life 04-11-2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1222445)
I really, really hope she does not do Landslide... her standing there with Mike on guitar doing a sad, lame version of her doing the song with Lindsey would just be a bit pathetic.

She will do Insider instead. This tour is Stevie's tribute to Tom.

HoursAndHours 04-11-2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1222445)

Does she do any Fleetwood Mac on her solo tours with Watchell? Yes? Then any of those are probably ust as likely to turn up without Lindsey, because she plays them without him all the time. :shrug:

Japhry 04-11-2018 08:57 AM

Now that Neil Finn is in the band I a wondering if Mick will allow each singer "one" solo/previous band song as he has often done in the past.

With that being said, I think the Mac could do "Don't Dream it is over" much justice with drums/bass. Neil could let Stevie sing the second verse. It is right in her timbre!

Lola 04-11-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1222471)
She will do Insider instead. This tour is Stevie's tribute to Tom.

I agree and because this will be her tribute to Tom/playing with Mike she will COOK every night. I have no doubt she will bring her A game on this tour

bombaysaffires 04-11-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1222475)
Does she do any Fleetwood Mac on her solo tours with Watchell? Yes? Then any of those are probably ust as likely to turn up without Lindsey, because she plays them without him all the time. :shrug:

I get that, I've been to her solo tours.

What I'm saying is under the circumstances, and given that within FLEETWOOD MAC shows it was a signature piece performed by her AND Lindsey alone onstage, it would be inappropriate to do.

See this is the thing that concerns many of us-- this is NOT a Stevie solo show, it's a MAC show. But now MAC shows will turn into STEVIE solo shows.

HoursAndHours 04-11-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1222607)
I get that, I've been to her solo tours.

What I'm saying is under the circumstances, and given that within FLEETWOOD MAC shows it was a signature piece performed by her AND Lindsey alone onstage, it would be inappropriate to do.

See this is the thing that concerns many of us-- this is NOT a Stevie solo show, it's a MAC show. But now MAC shows will turn into STEVIE solo shows.

They did both Landslide and Go Your Own Way on the BTM tour. They played Don't Let Me Down Again on the STC tour. I don't think they'll be too worried about doing Landslide, or Lindsey's songs, for that matter.

I am guessing they will pull at least one of her solo hits, but I'm expecting a set with quite a few early songs. I bet Neil and Mike could nail some Danny Kirwan tunes.

Tango 04-11-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1222607)

Well, not exactly. It would be a Christine and Stevie outing, wouldn't it? Does anyone think Christine is a wilting lily?

secondhandchain 04-11-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 1222634)
Well, not exactly. It would be a Christine and Stevie outing, wouldn't it? Does anyone think Christine is a wilting lily?

This is basically a Nicks tour let's face it. Will she talk a lot? Ignore that Lindsey basically helped make her famous by not letting them take him without her? We shall see.

MaryLiz2 04-11-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1222475)

Exactly. She's been playing Landslide without him for years.

An unpopular opinion alert: I think at this point I might prefer Landslide without Lindsey. Ever since The Dance it seems that there has been, like, the obligatory Landslide hugging business. I admit to being a sucker for that the first time (anyone remember The Dance merch? still have the t-shirt with their hugging silhouettes), but in subsequent years it's become obvious that they really can't stand each other. While I'm rolling my eyes over the fact that that a bunch of septuagenarians can't work out their issues...a silver lining for me personally is not having to see the rehearsed "sweet" interactions between Stevie and Lindsey. :sorry:

And while I hope they change things up in the set list (from a Stevie standpoint I'm hoping for Angel, Straight Back or That's Alight to change things up a bit), the majority of people buying tickets aren't those of us who have seen Rhiannon live a handful of times and heard dozens and dozens of bootlegged versions beyond that. There are some songs that they're just going to have to do. I anticipate Landslide will be one of them. Really, now that I've reached the same milestone age as Rumours, I'd be bummed if Landslide doesn't make an appearance. "I'm getting older too" resonates too darn much. :D

KenshiMaster16 04-11-2018 09:47 PM

01 The Chain
02 You Make Loving Fun
03 Dreams
04 Oh Well
05 Everywhere
06 Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (with Mike Campbell)
07 Hold Me
08 Angel
09 Rattlesnake Shake
10 Say You Love Me
11 Sara
12 Albatross
13 Landslide
14 Brown Eyes
15 Gypsy
16 Little Lies
17 Don't Dream Its Over
18 Gold Dust Woman
19 Isn't It Midnight
20 Go Your Own Way
21 Don't Stop
22 Silver Springs
23 Songbird

Maybe not in that order but I am predicting at least 85% of that list be what we get.