The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Next stop: vocal specialist this week (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58689)

elle 05-20-2019 06:10 PM

Next stop: vocal specialist this week
 


fleetwoodguy79 05-20-2019 06:52 PM

This week has been full of AWESOME news!!

Any medical experts know whether this is good, bad, or just standard procedure?

Still holding out hope for him releasing a record this fall and touring over part of the winter!! :]

michelej1 05-20-2019 06:56 PM

Sending all the good vibes in the world. I just want him to talk. Singing is not important.

Although, his voice does sound extremely sweet to me these last months now that I know we may have lost it. Donít Know what you got Ďtil itís gone.

Storms123 05-20-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252798)
Sending all the good vibes in the world. I just want him to talk. Singing is not important.

Although, his voice does sound extremely sweet to me these last months now that I know we may have lost it. Donít Know what you got Ďtil itís gone.

Healing vibes and thoughts and prayers headed LBs way! I hope what they are saying, that he canít even speak, is just a rumor. Do we know if it has any merit?

Storms123 05-24-2019 11:13 AM

Hoping and praying all went well this week for LB

FuzzyPlum 05-25-2019 06:08 AM

Oh, oh. I do hope everything went well. Unfortunately I feel really worried about this message.
Whatever happens, at least he's alive though.
:distress:

sasja 05-26-2019 08:33 PM

Just keeping everything crossed for some good news.

onlynow 06-02-2019 04:02 PM

Anyone heard anything?

sasja 06-02-2019 07:48 PM

Keep wondering too. May be the specialist recommended treatment/therapy/surgery and we'll hear after that's been completed. I what i am secretly hoping. And successfully, too. Crossing everyhing for that. I had a dad who had a tracheo-stoma, not what Lindsey has, but, unable to speak the last years of his life. It's torture not to quickly be able to quickly voice your thoughts any more. Or at all. and have to just always write, or type.... I do not wish it even the worst persons in the world.

Get better Lindsey!

michelej1 06-02-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1253080)
Keep wondering too. May be the specialist recommended treatment/therapy/surgery and we'll hear after that's been completed. I what i am secretly hoping. And successfully, too. Crossing everyhing for that. I had a dad who had a tracheo-stoma, not what Lindsey has, but, unable to speak the last years of his life. It's torture not to quickly be able to quickly voice your thoughts any more. Or at all. and have to just always write, or type.... I do not wish it even the worst persons in the world.

Get better Lindsey!

Yes, my dad did not speak the last 3.5 months of his life, following his stroke. He didnít even try.

I gave him a pencil and paper to write, and he formed letters but they did not make sense. He either called me the night of or the night before his stroke and I wasnít home. He left a voice message. I erased it thinking that I would talk to him that weekend, I did not know that was the last time I was going to hear his voice. I wish I had saved the message. Well at least Lindsay doesnít have aphasia and if he wants to communicate in writing he can. That is a blessing.

HomerMcvie 06-03-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1253084)
Yes, my dad did not speak the last 3.5 months of his life, following his stroke. He didn’t even try.

I gave him a pencil and paper to write, and he formed letters but they did not make sense. He either called me the night of or the night before his stroke and I wasn’t home. He left a voice message. I erased it thinking that I would talk to him that weekend, I did not know that was the last time I was going to hear his voice. I wish I had saved the message. Well at least Lindsay doesn’t have aphasia and if he wants to communicate in writing he can. That is a blessing.

I think that the fact that he was able to play Landslide shows that he's all there mentally. I can't imagine that he could do that, if that weren't the case.

I'm happy that he looks great, and that he has hopefully lots of time here with his family. The rest is small peanuts, in comparison. It's not about us.

onlynow 06-03-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253086)
It's not about us.

We are hoping for the best possible outcome. I bet he appreciates that. I would.

michelej1 06-03-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253086)
I think that the fact that he was able to play Landslide shows that he's all there mentally. I can't imagine that he could do that, if that weren't the case.

Well, he looked quite himself with his usual facial expressions and all. Even in the hospital bed he looked mentally alert and of course he looked perfectly normal at the graduation, so I'm not worried about loss of oxygen to the brain any longer. I think he's still all Lindsey in his head, smirks and everything.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved