The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Guess What I Heard On The Radio! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14581)

77Rumours77 05-30-2004 10:43 PM

Guess What I Heard On The Radio!

They were doing this section on "hot classic rock tours of the summer" and they had a 5 min long section on FM with and interview with JM, Well they were talking about the summer tour and some of the cities they were going to and the said "this tour will go on untill july with dates planned for most of august". YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Please come to Wichita! :blob2:

earthdreamer 05-30-2004 10:48 PM

This has been one long ass tour, but I bet it pales in comparison to the dates they did in the 70's and early 80's

DeadliestPoison 05-30-2004 10:51 PM

Come ooooon, Indiana!!!

I'd probably die if they come back through Indiana.

darklinensuit 05-30-2004 10:56 PM

An interview with JM! Isn't that what's called "dead air?" :)
Just kidding, what else did he have to say?

- Jake

ShangriLaTroubl 05-30-2004 11:01 PM

Ya know actually it's one of their longest...the Tusk tour was somewhere around 115 cities or so...and this has exceeded that, so correct me if I'm wrong someone but this could be their longest straight tour ever.

They only did like 25 dates on the Mirage tour. than Tango tour was like 45 dates, Behind the Mask tour was like 50 dates

Pretty incredible if you ask me

Chris

GardenStateGirlie 05-30-2004 11:03 PM

Ahhh...more time to save up for the final concert...c'mon, you know you all are going :thumbsup: I have to say i'm stoked if Iowa isn't the last stop. I'm sure it's a fine state but to take your vacation time there? :shrug:

77Rumours77 05-30-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklinensuit
An interview with JM! Isn't that what's called "dead air?" :)
Just kidding, what else did he have to say?

- Jake

Ya know, Honest to god I could not understand him on the radio. He kinda babbles :] All i heard was the DJ talking about the tour, And some mumbling from johnny!

Hawkeye 05-30-2004 11:09 PM

Oh man just to hear an interview with John McVie is something I'd pay for :thumbsup: Really when do we EVER hear JUST JOHN do an interview. Mick and Lindsey do a radio interview every other Sunday. And Stevie's always doing them too. And sometime even when the band as a whole does something John is either not there or just doesn't say anything (Mark and brian Radio show was Mick Lindsey and Stevie) So rally just getting to hear that John McVie interview was quite a treat for you 77Rumous77. And :blob2: and :blob1: to date til August.

Hawkeye 05-30-2004 11:22 PM

You know what I just realized. If there are dates for August and It's now June (well May 31st but June danm it) then August is just 2 months away. So these dates will most likely be announed VERY VERY SOON. I mean don't we need at least a month or two of notice. They need to leave enough time to sell tickets. So we should definitely like this week what the cities are. And I'm sure I'll know before June 13th, because I still might not be going to Blossom Music Center, if they come to Buffalo.

gldstwmn 05-31-2004 01:25 PM

Iowa is the last show, IMO. :shrug:

Hawkeye 05-31-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn

What about what john says in this interview?

77Rumours77 05-31-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Bad question here, what does "IMO" mean?

dissention 05-31-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Agreed. :nod: ;)

Especially now that Stevie is getting sick. No way will it go on after Iowa.

estranged4life 05-31-2004 01:53 PM

IMO means...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Bad question here, what does "IMO" mean?

In
My
Opinion

no_spoken_word 05-31-2004 02:05 PM

Very exciting news! Here's hoping for a return trip to the Toronto/Buffalo area!