The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Clearly NOT "Fleetwood Mac" O.M.G. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42892)

Phoenix 02-01-2010 06:50 PM

Clearly NOT "Fleetwood Mac" O.M.G.

Ok, I get that theres been a bazillion people in an out of this band for years and years, but seriously.

mylittledemon 02-01-2010 07:12 PM

Yeah i thought that was odd, too... :shocked:

chiliD 02-01-2010 07:13 PM

Well, let's see...two out of the three guys that were standing there are either current or former Fleetwood Mac members, the music the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band plays is "original Fleetwood Mac" material. But, yeah, a big faux pas by the co-host...but, not anything to get overly upset about.

Kudos to Rick Vito for giving kudos to the house band members.

mylittledemon 02-01-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 868670)

Yeah! That was great.

Phoenix 02-01-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 868670)
Well, let's see...two out of the three guys that were standing there are either current or former Fleetwood Mac members, the music the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band plays is "original Fleetwood Mac" material. But, yeah, a big faux pas by the co-host...but, not anything to get overly upset about.

That is actually how I took it. Those t.v hosts are just idiots though,but i am in no way overly upset. I Enjoy Rick Vito and when he was in Fleetwood Mac Officially I loved that era. :thumbsup:I also enjoy "the original" Fleetwood mac.:thumbsup: I just dont post my love as much as you do about them, because Stevies still my favorite. :p But again, not that Im "upset". Just thought id share.

michelej1 02-01-2010 11:02 PM

It appears that she thinks that Mick's name is "Fleetwood Mac."

Michele

Betsy 02-02-2010 12:22 AM

The interviewer appears to be Carrie Ann Inaba (or however she spells her last name)...the female judge from Dancing with the Stars.

A couple of seasons back when one guy (can't remember his name) got booted off the show, they played GO YOUR OWN WAY, as he danced his last dance.

LukeA 02-02-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 868733)
It appears that she thinks that Mick's name is "Fleetwood Mac."

Michele

My experience at the Columbus/OSU Applebees' right by the arena on opening night of the SYW tour.

Me: "Going to the concert tonight!"

20 year old waitress: "Who's playing?"

Me: "Fleetwood Mac."

Waitress: "Oh! I LOVE him!"

EnchantedKiwi 02-02-2010 04:06 AM

Watching this just made me cringe.

Awkward.. :laugh:

Angel69 02-02-2010 06:41 AM

It was also a great diservice to the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, who is clearly not Fleetwood Mac, and had a nomination under it's belt.

chriskisn 02-02-2010 08:09 AM

There is another possiblility to all of this of course, that this band is now Fleetwood Mac, given that the Unleashed tour is over and there is no suggestion of a new album in sight. Perhaps Mick has decided to add a few new people to the band and the easiest way was just to turn the MFBB into Fleetwood Mac.

Actually, other than the absence of Mr McVie, I wouldn't be overly bothered by this...time moves on... :shrug:

holidayroad 02-02-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 868774)
There is another possiblility to all of this of course, that this band is now Fleetwood Mac, given that the Unleashed tour is over and there is no suggestion of a new album in sight. Perhaps Mick has decided to add a few new people to the band and the easiest way was just to turn the MFBB into Fleetwood Mac.

Actually, other than the absence of Mr McVie, I wouldn't be overly bothered by this...time moves on... :shrug:

Let's hope that's not the case, and if it is, then Mick should have taken the opportunity to introduce the new (old) members of Fleetwood Mac. It bugs me when people get it wrong, too. I am forever explaining to people that Stevie Nicks had songs with Fleetwood Mac, not only solo. I've heard Dreams on the radio, followed by some idiot DJ "That was Dreams by Stevie Nicks'....I could go on forever... Also, I get asked 'Who's Mac?' by a lot of people!!!!

OldTimer 02-02-2010 10:00 AM

Mick discussing what's great about BOTH bands.....

holidayroad 02-02-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 868791)
Mick discussing what's great about BOTH bands.....

Never thought I'd hear Mick say 'When Fleetwood Mac has ceased to be". I figured he'd get new people to join and always refer to it as Fleetwood Mac. Could he have finally learned from the Time experience?

chiliD 02-02-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 868805)
Could he have finally learned from the Time experience?

OH, boy...HERE we go....:mad: