The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

daniellaaarisen 04-14-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 965017)
So you think you'll be able to go? :D I didn't want to be too over-congratulatory before it was likely :thumbsup:

Well.... I don't really know, but I think it's a decent chance. Decent enough that I'm letting myself get a little excited. Watch me screw myself over, though. My dad's being a bit inconsistent right now (this morning he was in a bad mood and making the New York thing sound iffy too when yesterday, it was a done deal) so I shouldn't say anything one way or another. :confused:

RickRobert 04-14-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingDeath (Post 965012)
Mostly Wiltshire, Somerset, and Kent.

My boyfriend's family live a little more north, in Kensington.

Oh cool, Wiltshire and Somerset are pretty close to where I am in South Wales... by "pretty close" I mean like an hour and a half away which I supposed isn't that close at all :lol:

Silver Springs 04-14-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingDeath (Post 964997)
Congrats. :thumbsup:

I go to England all the time to visit my family and my boyfriend's family. You'll be in the North East though, and I usually go to the South. I would love to meet you, though. :wavey:

Myself, Rowan, Georgie and a few others were discussing a "Ledgie Reunion" in England a while ago, actually. It would be nice to get together and just hang out for a while. We already know we have something in common lol!

CreepingDeath 04-14-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 965029)
Oh cool, Wiltshire and Somerset are pretty close to where I am in South Wales... by "pretty close" I mean like an hour and a half away which I supposed isn't that close at all :lol:

I've been to Wales many times. Mostly because my brothers and boyfriend wanted to go to a Rugby match.

CreepingDeath 04-14-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 965030)
Myself, Rowan, Georgie and a few others were discussing a "Ledgie Reunion" in England a while ago, actually. It would be nice to get together and just hang out for a while. We already know we have something in common lol!

Sounds delish. My evil mind is already starting to turn...

RickRobert 04-14-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingDeath (Post 965033)
Sounds delish. My evil mind is already starting to turn...

Evil minds turning? Sounds good!

ButterCookie 04-14-2011 05:31 PM

We're going to get evilly drunk.

Artemis 04-14-2011 05:33 PM

I'm ridiculously excited/happy at the moment, my friend Ami and I are planning a holiday in July to go to Spain together for a week! I'm literally bouncing off the walls, I haven't been on holiday for about 3/4 years, so I'm ridiculously excited. :laugh:

mezzoforte 04-14-2011 05:41 PM

JTIS

...That I am royally pissed about the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live. I spent almost a year interning at One Life and absolutely loved everyone there--incredibly nice people who treated their interns with respect.
Soaps get a bad rap (often deservedly--there are some hilarious spoofs out there), but quality really is impressive given the amount of material they have to pump out, evil twins and all. I feel terrible for my former co-workers who absolutely slaved for these shows, and for the larger television industry in New York--it was a great gig for a lot of actors.
And though I realize soaps are kind of a ridiculous thing to get sappy about, I really feel for the viewers, many of whom have been watching for decades. In no other genre can you follow a character throughout his life like that.
This sucks.

I have no idea how to embed, but let's remember happier/campier times with a brilliantly over the top clip of Elizabeth Taylor in her cameo as Helena Cassadine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-o6UMiwJFM

Silver Springs 04-14-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 965105)
We're going to get evilly drunk.

Does this mean I'm going to be the designated "responsible adult" then, as I don't drink? Gah...If Creepy (Don't mind me calling you Creepy, do you CreepingDeath? I do so fondly) doesn't come I'll be the oldest one there lol. Uck. You know you're getting old when going out with teenagers makes you feel like one of their parents lol...

ButterCookie 04-14-2011 05:55 PM

Oh Beee :( no. I won't be going home so I won't need driving anywheree. Also if it's in theday then we won't be drunk anyway. I lioke alcohol ok?

You're awesome.

Erin 04-14-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzoforte (Post 965112)
JTIS

...That I am royally pissed about the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live. I spent almost a year interning at One Life and absolutely loved everyone there--incredibly nice people who treated their interns with respect.
Soaps get a bad rap (often deservedly--there are some hilarious spoofs out there), but quality really is impressive given the amount of material they have to pump out, evil twins and all. I feel terrible for my former co-workers who absolutely slaved for these shows, and for the larger television industry in New York--it was a great gig for a lot of actors.
And though I realize soaps are kind of a ridiculous thing to get sappy about, I really feel for the viewers, many of whom have been watching for decades. In no other genre can you follow a character throughout his life like that.
This sucks.

I have no idea how to embed, but let's remember happier/campier times with a brilliantly over the top clip of Elizabeth Taylor in her cameo as Helena Cassadine:

I felt the same way when they canceled Guiding Light. Fourth generation viewer. Yeah, it's cheesey sometimes, but compared to what we see on reality TV.:shrug: I think this spells the end for all American soaps.

That must have been so much fun to intern at a soap!

vivfox 04-14-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

JTIS

...That I am royally pissed about the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live.

I watched AMC from 1977 until November of 2010. I stopped watching it because it was really boring and had been really boring for almost 2 years. I have watched OLTL since 1993 and it is the only tv show I currently watch. I love the show, though its ending is bittersweet for me. Truthfully it is hard to keep up with a daily tv show. My interests no longer are with tv. They are strictly computer related. So I'm sad and relieved all at the same time.

CreepingDeath 04-14-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

JTIS

This sucks.

I feel your pain. I'm still in mourning over Guiding Light getting cancelled. Watching it with my Gran is one of the earliest television memories I have. At least I still have The Young and the Restless (for now).

CreepingDeath 04-14-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 965113)
Does this mean I'm going to be the designated "responsible adult" then, as I don't drink? Gah...If Creepy (Don't mind me calling you Creepy, do you CreepingDeath? I do so fondly) doesn't come I'll be the oldest one there lol. Uck. You know you're getting old when going out with teenagers makes you feel like one of their parents lol...

Ha. You may call me whatever you like, hun.

I've never been much of a drinker (other addictions have haunted me) so not only will I be the old lady :/ but I probably won't be drunk, either. I can still get into a surprising amount of trouble sober though. You guys would be in serious danger of having an inmate run the asylum.